Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Richie Morris said:
DICK KNIGHT IS A f***ing LEGEND AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A TOSS PIECE.

PS - I have a picture of him dancing on the pitch after the Swindon game.
Thats because i lent him a fiver for some smokes:lolol: :drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

Yorkie said:
No chance. :lol:

I've just shown Ned what you typed. He said I couldn't possibly have grabbed your balls because you haven't got any.

:lolol:
Thats because im all COCK and no balls :lolol:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have typed this before but please tell me Berks & Ernie, what contacts do you have? Do you both know business contacts that could have got the club to its present place?

To both of these questions I think I would get a negative answer. I could not get the people involved that Mr Knight has, and probably never will.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

berkshire seagull said:
1, at the time the records where very average unless you are going back to fulhams promotion years ago,pete taylor was still hated and disliked as a manager by a few and the point is at the time none of the managers had achieved sod all.
I don't have anything against any of these managers im just stating that they where all unemployed and at the time pretty dam average.

Micky Adams won promotion with Fulham in 1997, less than two years before becoming Albion boss.

In the two years before taking over at Brighton, Peter Taylor won the Division Two play-offs with Gillingham and finished mid-table in the Premier League with Leicester City. In the meantime he had a stint as England manager. How big do you want our managers' credentials to be, exactly?

The season before joining us, Steve Coppell led Brentford to the play-off final on a budget of precisely f*** ALL, and had a career-long record of getting the best out of teams on a shoestring. Christ, anyone that get the scum to third in the old first division and an FA Cup final can't be that bad.

Mark McGhee, as well as also managing in the Premier League, had won the Second Division title just two years before joining us and came from a higher division in having recently left Millwall.

In short, ALL of our last four managers had enjoyed success within two years of signing on at Brighton, and all four of them have gone on to leave our club in a far better position than they found it.

Edit: Doubt Ernest or Berk will have spotted it, but obviously McGhee hasn't left YET, but I'm sure when he does we'll be better off than when he joined.

Last edited:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

berkshire seagull said:
He said falmer would be up and running 3 year ago in 2 years time plus other dribs and drabs.

Can't really blame Knight for the Government's tardiness, surely?

berkshire seagull said:
Dick is small fry and potless

Of course falmer will happen

'Contradiction' - A fragrance by Berkshire Seagull.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Top posting Safeway - full of the facts & figures I just couldn't be arsed to look up. Good work fella.

:clap:

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
To me starting threads like this shows a basic misunderstanding of what it takes to run a football club.

Yes DK is no Abramovitch when it comes to money to invest.

Yes DK is no David Dein when it comes to experience or knowhow when it comes to managing a football club

but he was prepared to stand up and be counted when we needed somone to take over from Archer and Bellotti ... all Ernest, Berkshire and their ilk are prepared to do is slag off his efforts. So, chaps, if you don't appreciate his efforts then why the fcuk don't you take over and do a better job? In other words "put up or shut up!"

That said there is nothing wrong with constructively proposing better ways of doing things or better people to do them - but the contributions of said persons do neither.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

Safeway said:
Micky Adams won promotion with Fulham in 1997, less than two years before becoming Albion boss.

In the two years before taking over at Brighton, Peter Taylor won the Division Two play-offs with Gillingham and finished mid-table in the Premier League with Leicester City. In the meantime he had a stint as England manager. How big do you want our managers' credentials to be, exactly?

The season before joining us, Steve Coppell led Brentford to the play-off final on a budget of precisely f*** ALL, and had a career-long record of getting the best out of teams on a shoestring. Christ, anyone that get the scum to third in the old first division and an FA Cup final can't be that bad.

Mark McGhee, as well as also managing in the Premier League, had won the Second Division title just two years before joining us and came from a higher division in having recently left Millwall.

In short, ALL of our last four managers had enjoyed success within two years of signing on at Brighton, and all four of them have gone on to leave our club in a far better position than they found it.

Edit: Doubt Ernest or Berk will have spotted it, but obviously McGhee hasn't left YET, but I'm sure when he does we'll be better off than when he joined.
These managers where all jobless and at the time they needed to get wages and once they did there magic they where gone and dick didn't have the power to keep them its straight forward mr safeways as it doesn't matter how you look at things any job is better than no job and thats how it was and is regardless.

Look how long they was here bar adams and basicly we was a stepping stone because mr knight didn't have the ambition or extra clout to make things work.

Funny enough around the time we approached all these managers there was f-all out there.:clap2: :drink:

Whats the point in going on about potential and loyalty to these managers when dick can't even keep any of them,so basicly im not happy at us being a stepping stone club are you?:drink: :flameboun

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

im not happy at us being a stepping stone club are you?:drink: :flameboun [/B]

I am for a period of time if it means us getting the quality of managers that we have been getting.

I would much rather have a succession of good quality bosses than get stuck with a crap one.

We won't get anyone good to stay with us until we get Falmer.

Oh, and one of the things that has disrupted some of our recent quality managers is the pathetic, ill informed abuse that they get from certain cretins in the South Stand

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

berkshire seagull said:
These managers where all jobless and at the time they needed to get wages and once they did there magic they where gone and dick didn't have the power to keep them its straight forward mr safeways as it doesn't matter how you look at things any job is better than no job and thats how it was and is regardless.
Right, and if Dick Knight had started tapping up managers who WERE in a job, you'd be complaining about him saddling us with crippling compensation bills for acquiring their services, using up money that could have been spent on players, instead of just going for one of those experienced managers who was currently kicking his heels out of a job.

Berkshire, if Dick Knight saved you from drowning, you'd moan that he didn't bring a hair dryer.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Inkerman said:
To me starting threads like this shows a basic misunderstanding of what it takes to run a football club.

Yes DK is no Abramovitch when it comes to money to invest.

Yes DK is no David Dein when it comes to experience or knowhow when it comes to managing a football club

but he was prepared to stand up and be counted when we needed somone to take over from Archer and Bellotti ... all Ernest, Berkshire and their ilk are prepared to do is slag off his efforts. So, chaps, if you don't appreciate his efforts then why the fcuk don't you take over and do a better job? In other words "put up or shut up!"

That said there is nothing wrong with constructively proposing better ways of doing things or better people to do them - but the contributions of said persons do neither.
I would love the chance and would promise!

shirts will be out on time!
players will be released to make way for reasonable players!
100% effort on finding investers and letting others in!
Promise to keep a successful manager if they want to stay!
Promise to email fans back if they email me!
Promise to get 2000 seats whatever the situation!
High quality communication to the supporters!
preparations over the summer to be at the highest order!
Promise not to give donkeys long contracts as they seriously damage the budget!
:drink: :drink: :smokin:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
berkshire seagull said:
I would love the chance and would promise!

shirts will be out on time!
players will be released to make way for reasonable players!
100% effort on finding investers and letting others in!
Promise to keep a successful manager if they want to stay!
Promise to email fans back if they email me!
Promise to get 2000 seats whatever the situation!
High quality communication to the supporters!
preparations over the summer to be at the highest order!
Promise not to give donkeys long contracts as they seriously damage the budget!
:drink: :drink: :smokin:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here