Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's great this isn't it? Every two summers England look like they might actually win a major football championship before going out bravely in the 2nd round / quarters / semis on penalties with an optional disallowed Sol Campbell goal.

Every summer you're guaranteed rain at Wimbledon, the Test team winning and the one-day team getting hammered at cricket. a storm and, oh yes, another dozen "Dick Tight" wind up threads on NSC, which mean the square root of f*** all untill a ball's kicked.

Keeps it bloody dull if you ask me. I just get back to NSC after internet access problems from this excuse for a third world "country" to find the same old shit as last summer despite (in my mind) Bristol City's still twitching and warm corpse not having yet made it to the autopsy.

See you in August. If I can be bothered like....

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Ernest said:
Even Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles (RIP) can see that Dick Tight is the most unpopular chairman this club has had this century so why exactly do you hate him ?

you must love archer, bellotti and stanley if you think knight is the most unpopular chairman this club has had, this century.

after all his track record is.
1, got club back to brighton
2, helped in getting the club 3 promotions. (2 championships in 2 years, or 2 trophys being the most succesfull this club has ever been in 2 seasons).
3, ok yep (1 for you ernest) 1 relegation.
4, whether you think he will be successfull or not. has application for falmer in again.

he may not put his hand too far into his pocket for players. but the reported club debts are his debts, so at least he has gone into debt for the sake of bhafc. for this alone im very gratefull to him. why should he put up with his debt and you wingeing?
lesser men wouldn't, but he cares about the club that is why.
if somebody came in to make a takeover bid and could prove they had the intrest of the club at heart and lots more money than him, then im sure he would let them.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Unless some of the money made is re-invested
into the team it will deja-vue ala 2-seasons ago
and believe me it will be a darn sight harder to
repeat last seasons feats once again !!!!!!!
Why oh why after all the hard work do they
let it drift into potential ruin......

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

graz126 said:
you must love archer, bellotti and stanley if you think knight is the most unpopular chairman this club has had, this century.

after all his track record is.
1, got club back to brighton
2, helped in getting the club 3 promotions. (2 championships in 2 years, or 2 trophys being the most succesfull this club has ever been in 2 seasons).
3, ok yep (1 for you ernest) 1 relegation.
4, whether you think he will be successfull or not. has application for falmer in again.

he may not put his hand too far into his pocket for players. but the reported club debts are his debts, so at least he has gone into debt for the sake of bhafc. for this alone im very gratefull to him. why should he put up with his debt and you wingeing?
lesser men wouldn't, but he cares about the club that is why.
if somebody came in to make a takeover bid and could prove they had the intrest of the club at heart and lots more money than him, then im sure he would let them.
1,getting back to brighton was priority for whoever took over thats as clear as day.
2,yes i guess you could say he helped a tad on championships etc with also a shite load of luck and managers making him look great.

Falmer application again,well how many times have we applied for falmer???:drink:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Dancin Ninja BHA said:

Another thing, watching the video of the Brizzle game and seeing DK lording it around the pitch with the trophy pissed me off, like it was all down to him that we gained promotion

Have some people forgotten where this club was before DK? I don't remember people being pissed off with him when he took this club over in 92nd place in the league and no home to go to.

Of course the club is in the mire financially. Since 1997 we haven't had a decent income from anywhere. The Falmer application has taken longer because of the Public Inquiry and the Club can't scrimp on details with the application if it expects to be successful. That has to cost money.

Managers I have no problem with, except the decsion on Hinsh and DK's held up his hands on that one. None of the appointments have been expensive.

BZ is also no loss. He took a good gamble on him and it paid off, just a shame DK didn't have the foresight to see the ITV DIgital deal falling through to maximise his profit.

Please remember whose money and hard work has kept this club going at the hole that is Withdean. Sure it's expensive for the fans, but don't think what you pay is enough to keep the club solvent on its own.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

graz126 said:

Aha! I've twigged at last.

Most unpopular chairman this century. OF COURSE HE IS - he's the ONLY chairman the club's had THIS century!

Step forward the most popular chairman the club has had this century - DICK KNIGHT. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Without going on as I am continually slagged off if I say anything against DK but he HAD to come back to Brighton there was no other choice nobody would let us play at their ground.

Having said that he has been succesful with his choice of managers and nobody can take that away from him.

Let us wait and see what the fture brings!!

Guinness Boy said:
yes, another dozen "Dick Tight" wind up threads on NSC

I know it sounds strange, but I might miss them if they ever stopped. The trick is, I think, if ever you see the first page of a thread dominated by the Three Stooges as this one is, just settle back and enjoy the slapstick.

Re: Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

berkshire seagull said:
1,getting back to brighton was priority for whoever took over thats as clear as day.

Yes, but do you remember the fight to get back to Brighton? The 'Bring Home the Albion' campaign etc? It wasn't exactly a stroll in the park.

berkshire seagull said:
2,yes i guess you could say he helped a tad on championships etc with also a shite load of luck and managers making him look great.

That's it. LUCK got us Micky Adams, Bobby Zamora and the Div 3 title, LUCK got us Peter Taylor and the Div 2 title, and LUCK got us promoted this season. Nothing whatsoever to do with good players and managers brought to the club by DICK KNIGHT.

berkshire seagull said:
Falmer application again,well how many times have we applied for falmer??? :drink:

That'll be once then.

Jesus Christ, Berkshire, get a f***ing grip.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just imagine if Ernest had his way, and got rid of Dick Knight (and it was acknowledged that Ernest had done it), think of how popular he'd be...

My two-penneth is that at least once Falmer is built, it won't have Berkshire, FG and Ernest in it. They don't want to go there, in fact, they don't even want Falmer built (just to prove themselves right) - it would be extreme hypocrisy if they did go. I know this is a wind-up thread, but brainless NIMBYs such as these three with the financial acumen of a diseased halibut are truly boring now.

Last edited:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Not going to be sucked in by this drivel.

Dick Knight is a great chairman. Rescued the club from a skip and is a real fan. I think he's done a wonderful job. Yeah, could spend ions picking holes in some of his actions but why bother?

Berkshire, everything I've ever read of yours is absolute codswallop. What planet are you from exactly?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

Safeway said:
Yes, but do you remember the fight to get back to Brighton? The 'Bring Home the Albion' campaign etc? It wasn't exactly a stroll in the park.

That's it. LUCK got us Micky Adams, Bobby Zamora and the Div 3 title, LUCK got us Peter Taylor and the Div 2 title, and LUCK got us promoted this season. Nothing whatsoever to do with good players and managers brought to the club by DICK KNIGHT.

That'll be once then.

Jesus Christ, Berkshire, get a f***ing grip.
Get a grip you need to get a grip son:smokin:

1,yes of course there is always goner be a fight getting applications through whats f***ing new at this club A did you not read it was priority whoever took over.:eek:

2,Yes he got managers in and you tell me what sort of managers they where at the time of appointment,yes unemployed with not much success within 4-5 years prior and yes you tell me where these managers are now mmmmm and why they didn't stay etc?
Face it they all took the job because they was jobless and thankfully they done a job with peanuts for funds.Dick bought em in exspecting an average job from em and boy do they make dick look like god.:p

Yes mr adams found zamora and i bet mickey had to beg on his knee's for 100k off dick.:drink: and yet again mr knight looks great after we sell a player for 1.5 million bucks.

Look i respect your opion and if you honestly believe dick is superman thats your choice,but my opion is spot on he is not my god and never will be.:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Soul Finger said:

Dick Knight is a great chairman. Rescued the club from a skip and is a real fan. I think he's done a wonderful job. Yeah, could spend ions picking holes in some of his actions but why bother?

Berkshire, everything I've ever read of yours is absolute codswallop. What planet are you from exactly?
You are just gullable and blind.:rolleyes: :shootself

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Soul Finger said:

Thank you for your contribution Mr Knight :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

berkshire seagull said:
1,yes of course there is always goner be a fight getting applications through whats f***ing new at this club A did you not read it was priority whoever took over.:eek:
And so Dick Knight is to blame for what exactly here ? I can't quite see where you're coming from on this.

2,Yes he got managers in and you tell me what sort of managers they where at the time of appointment,yes unemployed with not much success within 4-5 years prior .Dick bought em in exspecting an average job from em and boy do they make dick look like god.:p

Micky Adams had a proven track record of success, getting promotions out of the lower leagues with Brentford and Fulham, and was VERY unlucky to get the sack from Fulham when Al Fayed decided to bring in Keegan.
Peter Taylor had an outstanding record as England U21 manager. Things went pear-shaped at Leicester, but he was still recognised as a quality coach, and we did bloody well to attract him to a D2 club.
Mark McGhee is yet another manager with a proven track record of success in the lower leagues, winning the D2 championship with Millwall on a shoestring and taking them into the D1 playoffs the following season.
Not much success ? You are having a laugh.

Yes mr adams found zamora and i bet mickey had to beg on his knee's for 100k off dick.:drink: and yet again mr knight looks great after we sell a player for 1.5 million bucks.
Again, what did Knight actually do wrong here ? Can you elaborate, I don't get your argument. You seem to be presenting achievements as failures. I know you find it difficult to give any credit at all to Dick Knight, but at least try to make some sense with your arguments.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

Easy 10 said:
And so Dick Knight is to blame for what exactly here ? I can't quite see where you're coming from on this.

Micky Adams had a proven track record of success, getting promotions out of the lower leagues with Brentford and Fulham, and was VERY unlucky to get the sack from Fulham when Al Fayed decided to bring in Keegan.
Peter Taylor had an outstanding record as England U21 manager. Things went pear-shaped at Leicester, but he was still recognised as a quality coach, and we did bloody well to attract him to a D2 club.
Mark McGhee is yet another manager with a proven track record of success in the lower leagues, winning the D2 championship with Millwall on a shoestring and taking them into the D1 playoffs the following season.
Not much success ? You are having a laugh.

Again, what did Knight actually do wrong here ? Can you elaborate, I don't get your argument. You seem to be presenting achievements as failures. I know you find it difficult to give any credit at all to Dick Knight, but at least try to make some sense with your arguments.
1, at the time the records where very average unless you are going back to fulhams promotion years ago,pete taylor was still hated and disliked as a manager by a few and the point is at the time none of the managers had achieved sod all.
I don't have anything against any of these managers im just stating that they where all unemployed and at the time pretty dam average.
What did dick do wrong?
couldn't hold on to either taylor or coppell or adams:p

You telling me dick new he was goner win championships?
I can promise ya he just wanted us to fload around and is milking everything full stop.

Do you no what rearly pisses me off,well its simple i find that all these managers have done fanastic for the club through and through and yet its dick this and dick that and yet he still couldn't keep em.

He said he would pull out all the stops to keep em and yet again f***ed up and boy he must be crap at persuading people to stay.

Yes thats why i don't like dick bullshit tight+a few more reasons:clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here