Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do you hate Dick Tight ?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Although I'm not as passionate a "DK Hater" as Ernest, Berks & FG, I do feel DK has taken the club as far forward as he can, and the fact that we had an article on the backpage of the Argus last week saying we are interested in players but basically its a non-starter as we don't have the cash to offer decent wages makes it apparant to me that DK cannot attract investors into the club who are prepared to help out on team improvements

Another thing, watching the video of the Brizzle game and seeing DK lording it around the pitch with the trophy pissed me off, like it was all down to him that we gained promotion

Next Fans Forum I'm going to ask him how come we didn't spend the £1 million we made from the playoff run on new players, as the club wouldn't have budgetted (spelling?) to having this money and we should invest some of it now

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Max's Dad said:
If DK ever reads this crap he must wonder why he bothers.

Of course not everything has gone to plan but we've had the most committed and honest chairman we could have hoped for in the past few years.

I suggest the critics must have been wearing replica Man U shirts in their playground when this club was being butchered by Archer & Co.
That was the days i went to games non stop:drink:

It won't happen again thank god because we are groundless:blush:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Max's Dad said:
I suggest the critics must have been wearing replica Man U shirts in their playground when this club was being butchered by Archer & Co.

Nope, I was protesting like everyone else you plum

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
The only time it would be remotely valid to have a go at Dick Knight would be if Falmer is not granted, because then his entire strategy, ie putting all of his eggs in the one basket, would have failed.

If the club genuinely doesnt have a 'Plan B', then they are fools.

I for one however would not swap the last 5 years for anything in 35 years of supporting the Albion. 3 promotions, 2 championships, winning a play off final, and all under difficult financial circumstances.

Lay off, until we know which way Falmer has gone....

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Safeway said:
Good reasoned arguement that, nice one.

Seeing as you're obviously not adult enough to partake in a sensible discussion I'll leave it there.
Plenty of people on here you can discuss with.:glare:

Just stating that dick is taking his money back before he loses it all as our debts show,so where do you draw the line son.:smokin:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
You and thousands of others :angry: :angry: :angry:

More like one other - you

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As has been said a million times before on here, there is little chance of genuine investors coming on board all the time the future is unclear. That is why Prescott is hurting our club far more than even Bill Archer could have hoped to do at the moment.

Dick Knight is being sensible with what resources are available at present. We cannot expect "windfalls" like Cardiff too often, so "investing" it is pointless. So we bring some new players in on good contracts. Great for this season, but unsustainable. I bet I can guess who would be most critical when we have to tighten our belts again the following season.

The only criticism I can possibly think of for DK is that season ticket holders appear less valued than they should be. I still have imprinted on my mind tha fact that I am paying a rate for my ticket that was explained as being at that level "to ensure that we are able to keep players such as Bobby Zamora". I realise that prices were unlikely to go down when BZ left and we went down a division, but it never really got clarified as to why that wasn't possible.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Figures roughly recieved!
zamora 1 million
coppell 250k
Didn't we get 1 million over a period for gareth barry in the earlier days????
As above says 1 million via the playoffs i.e products and tickets etc,so how much have we forked out????

:rolleyes:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Remember I predicted that the potless pillock would ruin the day for Magoo and the team :angry: :angry: :angry:

And it is only you and one other opinion that he did - minority or majority, I wonder which one it is ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
berkshire seagull said:
Figures roughly recieved!
zamora 1 million
coppell 250k
Didn't we get 1 million over a period for gareth barry in the earlier days????
As above says 1 million via the playoffs i.e products and tickets etc,so how much have we forked out????

:rolleyes:

How much goes on salaries for Knights relations and cronies at the club such as Keehan ?
For a club that has such a debt problem why is the commercial side so crap and that is down to Knights nephew :angry: :angry: :angry:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ernest said:
Remember I predicted that the potless pillock would ruin the day for Magoo and the team :angry: :angry: :angry:

And your evidence that you are right?

I don't recall anyone suggesting that DK had ruined their day.

Try another record, Ernest :jester:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
sully said:
We cannot expect "windfalls" like Cardiff too often, so "investing" it is pointless. So we bring some new players in on good contracts. Great for this season, but unsustainable.

Only if we sign the player on a contract thats greater than 2 years long. Most of the transfers going on at the moment in the 3 non-Premiership divisions are for 1 or 2 years only.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
You should have been where I sat as 100% of the people there were disgusted and said it ruined the moment.
The only people doing the lap of honour should have been Magoo and the team :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Absolute bollox Ernest as I was next to you - only you went "Dick Tight alert" and started getting agitated.

Lot of porkies going down this afternoon from you

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Only if we sign the player on a contract thats greater than 2 years long. Most of the transfers going on at the moment in the 3 non-Premiership divisions are for 1 or 2 years only.

Still means that after the contracts end and we're still in the Championship, we have to REDUCE the wage bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here