• That 5-0 game

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Their fans

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Simon Jordan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its tradition, a vital part of being an Albion fan

Votes: 69 69.7%
  • A specific Palace player (Holder, Swindlehurst, Hughton, etc)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croydon

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • A specific Palace manager (Coppell, Taylor, Warnock, etc)

• Selhurst Park

• Total voters

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Where the option for " I don't hate them " ?. This rivalry with CPFC is quite embarrassing now don't you think. They have been a better side than us for about 19 years in the last 20 and the only reason the rivalry is not renewed every season is that CPFC are 1 , sometimes 2 leagues higher than us. Its a ridiculous " rivalry " which no doubt gives CPFC fans a great deal of amusement.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Yes, you need an option for "I don't".

I've been an Albion supporter for 25 years and I've never really given a toss either way about our not-so-near neighbours.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
So what we've established is the vast majority of people hate Palace, because they support Brighton, citing 'tradition'.

What an absolutely pointless 'rivalry' it is then. Plus the fact we barely ever play them anyway makes it even more pointless.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So what we've established is the vast majority of people hate Palace, because they support Brighton, citing 'tradition'.

What an absolutely pointless 'rivalry' it is then. Plus the fact we barely ever play them anyway makes it even more pointless.

Absolute rubbish.It isn't pointless at all.It would be pointless if we hadn't any rivals at all.Funny how this fixture brings out alll the fans who normally don't go,making it a cracking match.There's plenty of rival clubs that don't play eachother hardly ever.That doesn't mean they shouldn't be rivals.If anything it will add far more spice to a game, then two rivals teams who play eachother season after season.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I started supporting BHA 10 years before the Mullery / Venables clashes in the mid 70's that sparked this rivalry and in those days Palace were just another club. If you talk to Palace fans who go back before the 70's they will all say to a man that Millwall are the enemy. The problem with that though is that Millwall and West Ham hate each other with a passion. Therefore it was natural for both sets of younger fans to develop this rivalry.
With 50 miles distance between us and any other club, there never has been a natural rival. ( We are no different to Plymouth , Carlisle, Yeovil etc in that respect )
As mentioned in previous threads...the less often we play Palace, the more the rivalry will dissipate, particularly amongst our newer ( younger ) fans.

Jan 30, 2008
Where the option for " I don't hate them " ?. This rivalry with CPFC is quite embarrassing now don't you think. They have been a better side than us for about 19 years in the last 20 and the only reason the rivalry is not renewed every season is that CPFC are 1 , sometimes 2 leagues higher than us. Its a ridiculous " rivalry " which no doubt gives CPFC fans a great deal of amusement.
do one traitor :rolleyes:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sammy Nelson took me to my first Albion game as part of a school football team treat. He told me that asn integral part of being an Albion fan was disliking Palace and I saw no reason to disagree with him.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Why is there no option for, I am jealous of their far better record over the past 20 years? I think Charlton have become the new Brighton TBH Get your arse in gear Brighton and bring back the rivalry we crave for,

Just noticed that Uncle Spielberg agrees with me, Well done U S

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There's no danger of me becoming a CPFC fan but its a meaningless rivalry, a rivalry of huge siginifance to some of us like Das Reich who no doubt regards the smashing up of that pub in Croydon in October 2005 as one of the highllights of his life but most CPFC fans regard us as of total irrrelevance I would think. This hopefully will change in the future but CPFC have been better than us for nearly 2 decades so get over it and accept it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
There's no danger of me becoming a CPFC fan but its a meaningless rivalry, a rivalry of huge siginifance to some of us like Das Reich who no doubt regards the smashing up of that pub in Croydon in October 2005 as one of the highllights of his life but most CPFC fans regard us as of total irrrelevance I would think. This hopefully will change in the future but CPFC have been better than us for nearly 2 decades so get over it and accept it.

Don't happen often, but agree with US completely.
Glad to see you back BTW

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here