• That 5-0 game

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Their fans

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Simon Jordan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its tradition, a vital part of being an Albion fan

Votes: 69 69.7%
  • A specific Palace player (Holder, Swindlehurst, Hughton, etc)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croydon

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • A specific Palace manager (Coppell, Taylor, Warnock, etc)

• Selhurst Park

• Total voters

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
So it is an established fact that the overwhelming majority of people in the world hate Crystal Palace F.C. But where can you trace your own personal loathing to. I have given you 12 options, and no fence, although clearly there are hundreds I could have offered.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Difficult to keep hating a team you play so seldom imo. I'll hate them again with a passion when we next meet though it could be a few years yet the way things are going.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
If it helps - I hate Brighton as you just have to. Tradition and those games in the late 70s and 80s.

But if the truth be known there is much about BHA I admire. Charlton get up my nose much more these days. Here's to a few Boxing Day games in the future - not that the police would allow it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
grown up hating them, no apparent reason other than they are our rivals, I also hate Portscum almost as much due to a Goldstone game once.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It all changed for me when, in our hour of need every club and their fans offered their support and obviously The REMF has softened my feelings towards Palace but come match day we have to beat them and humiliate them as well and I always wet my self laughing when they get beat, I even have a grudging admiration for Mr. Jordan, a straight talking chairman who says it like it is

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It's in the blood. I f***ing hate them with a passion.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Started off hating Palace because I knew I had to. Then it was seeing a few fights at Haywards Heath after derbies, and finally the five-penalty fiasco. After that, the die was cast, no possible redemption for them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It all changed for me when, in our hour of need every club and their fans offered their support and obviously The REMF has softened my feelings towards Palace but come match day we have to beat them and humiliate them as well and I always wet my self laughing when they get beat, I even have a grudging admiration for Mr. Jordan, a straight talking chairman who says it like it is

What he said.....

It's difficult to hate a team you don't actually play.

I grew up hating Palace but that has all mellowed these days.

....and what he said.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
after getting nicked after an away game in late 80's and other incidents. along with them being smelly caravan dwelling inbred scum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here