Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do the club employ such morons?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
An unfortunate incident confined to ONE EMPLOYEE but a sweeping statement of 'why do the club employ morons' is ridiculous. I'm sure that was a heat of the moment statement but the reality is you always get one, two, several, dozens of idiots working for any company in any discipline anywhere on the planet.

You have to bear in mind we have gone from tinpot Withdean to a new state of the art top notch stadium, it will take the club and it's staff some time to adjust to new ticket systems, turnstiles, kiosks, stewarding and probably 100's off other variables.

They will iron out the niggles eventually, give them some time. Just think how much it's going to take us fans to get used to sitting in a state of the art stadium every other Saturday and try and appreciate how much work goes on behind the scenes to keep it ticking over.
A very correct answer.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just driven up from Cornwall for a funeral. Thought we'd call in at the stadium to have a look and get a car sticker for the new car.

Unfortunately, the knobs who are "stewarding" the site completely ruined the experience.

As we drove down to park, we passed the north east corner and the roller shutter was up. So when we'd parked, I walked towards the corner to look inside. The steward on the last corner into the car park pointed round behind the North Stand. "I'm just going to look through the gap first" I said. He pointed again, so I repeated myself. "You can't look inside" he said. I repeated myself again. "There's no gap" was the reply. "Yes there is, we just drove past it" says I. "you can't look inside, he repeated and stepped into my path.

Needless to say, I looked through the corner and took a photo.

What on earth was his problem? Bloody jumped up Hitler.

:rant:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were you the guy who parked by the shop blocking a fire exit,the steward was having a right go at the driver,who TBF said he would not do it again but wow was the steward angry.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Were you the guy who parked by the shop blocking a fire exit,the steward was having a right go at the driver,who TBF said he would not do it again but wow was the steward angry.

What in the post you quoted gives you the impression that might have been us? We parked as directed and walked back up to the stadium.

The thing is, the pillock told me there wasn't a gap. If he'd tried to explain why I wasn't allowed to look inside from stood outside, I'd have listened, but to just make a ridiculous and obviously incorrect statement just made him look stupid.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Expensive car sticker Sully. All that petrol used.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What in the post you quoted gives you the impression that might have been us? We parked as directed and walked back up to the stadium.

The thing is, the pillock told me there wasn't a gap. If he'd tried to explain why I wasn't allowed to look inside from stood outside, I'd have listened, but to just make a ridiculous and obviously incorrect statement just made him look stupid.

Nothing gave me the impression it WAS you,my posts reads,"Was it you...as I witnessed the steward having a go at a driver.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
It doesn't really matter what the Argus print though, does it? Does anyone actually bother to read it anymore?

Reading figures collapsed over last 20 years. Mainly full of ad's & bought-in articles.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think we should all go down there and try to look through the corner at once, that would give him something to do :)

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Captain Haddock met with two favourable characters of the stewardin' persusion upon a-visitin' Friday last and found 'em plenty agreeable whence endeavourin' to sneak a peak around them aforementioned gaps.

Standing aghast and transfixed he did drink in the intoxicatin' beauty o' them freshly revealed deep sea blue perches a-plenty and engage in pleasurable discourse o' a friendly nature with the miss-matched pair o' characters for a good 5 minutes or more.

Twas with a smile that he did leave Old Albion's new abode with a bounce in his step and a smile as big as a whale in his heart, cheered indeed by the knowledge that favourable mention could be made of some stewardly types at least.

(Not sure about the terminator sunspecs though!)

Ooo arrr etc.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Speakin' of terminators, how's about that as a nickname for our illustrious part-Austrian goal-hunter Mr Barnes? Would suit a flag or two and a song maybe?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I do understand that stewards have a job to do by order of their boss, but if they don't want anyone to look inside the stadium then either keep the door closed or leave a steward in place. That would solve this issue surely?

Or, like me and many others, wait for the Donny game before sticking ya noses in punish::lolol:

Reminds me of Crimbo when the kids are trying to find out whats inside the gift wrapping!

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
All tickets sold, I head for the wardrobe
St John or ShowSec, which is it to be?
I’ve got a triple-A dangling from my lanyard
Wimbledon and WOMAD, Ryder Cup and V

(I don’t pay) I am the King of Hi-Vis
(Walk on through) Powered by bright waistcoats and bibs

Hard hat, tabard, torch and cocky toolbag
I’m Dave the Spark, or I could be Mike
Paramedics, police, authorised and holy
Be safe, be seen, be anyone you like

(I don’t pay) I am the King of Hi-Vis
(Walk on through) Powered by bright waistcoats and bibs
(Don’t fear Bert) Red Cross box, clipboard and chit
(Bert hears bells) Come be my queen of quick wit

From: Half Man Half Biscuit: King of Hi-Vis - lyrics Half Man Half Biscuit: King of Hi-Vis - lyrics

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Very harsh generalisation. We attended to purchase extra SSCF tickets, as we drove passed the North East corner with the shutter up a Steward stopped our car and directed us to a parking space. As we got out of the car and walked to North East corner for a look, he informed us we weren't allowed inside the ground. We explained it was our first time at the Amex, he walked us in to North East corner flag, we had a quick glance around the stadium and then left for the shop/ticket office very impressed.
My Mrs did have a low cut top on, maybe that helped!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here