Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do the club employ such morons?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Follow him home and wait for about an hour or so for him to get comfy. After a suitable period of time knock on his door and when he answers bludgeon him to death with a cross-peen hammer then liberally sprinkle lighter fuel on his battered body before setting him and his bedsit alight.

It's the only language these fuckers understand.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Follow him home and wait for about an hour or so for him to get comfy. After a suitable period of time knock on his door and when he answers bludgeon him to death with a cross-peen hammer then liberally sprinkle lighter fuel on his battered body before setting him and his bedsit alight.

It's the only language these fuckers understand.

Make sure you take your hat off first, though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I gather the argus tomorrow has an article about people who dare to complain via the internet despite all the club has done for them. How very dare they. :)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I gather the argus tomorrow has an article about people who dare to complain via the internet despite all the club has done for them. How very dare they. :)

It doesn't really matter what the Argus print though, does it? Does anyone actually bother to read it anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You were unlucky,i went to the stadium for the first time today. Had a chat to a steward and had a look inside.

Don't get me wrong. Everyone else we met was more than friendly and helpful, and, as I said, I did get to see inside (and get my car sticker).

It was just this one prick who spoilt the experience for no good/apparent reason.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just driven up from Cornwall for a funeral. Thought we'd call in at the stadium to have a look and get a car sticker for the new car.

Unfortunately, the knobs who are "stewarding" the site completely ruined the experience.

As we drove down to park, we passed the north east corner and the roller shutter was up. So when we'd parked, I walked towards the corner to look inside. The steward on the last corner into the car park pointed round behind the North Stand. "I'm just going to look through the gap first" I said. He pointed again, so I repeated myself. "You can't look inside" he said. I repeated myself again. "There's no gap" was the reply. "Yes there is, we just drove past it" says I. "you can't look inside, he repeated and stepped into my path.

Needless to say, I looked through the corner and took a photo.

What on earth was his problem? Bloody jumped up Hitler.

:rant:

Never mind where you can and can't BE, I'm loving this contention of where you can and can't LOOK. :lolol:

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
I was up at the stadium about the same time getting my new home shirt and saw the open shutters , wandered in to have a look around and after 30 seconds or so I was spotted by one of the stewards and asked to leave. I knew I should not have been there so duly obliged. He was very polite but you could see he was stressed so maybe having a bad day ......

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It makes you wonder what his instructions were.
Reasonable. Bert, just stop anybody just wandering in, we don't want any chancers nicking stuff that's not nailed down.
Unreasonable. Bert, you have to stop people looking in when we have this shutter open. Why Boss, Because, just do it. punish:

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Hi, TH, good to speak to you again.

I understand that the new breed of stewards are paid £6 per hour. I must say that the vast majority are very good. The problem comes when the few who do not have any confidence to use their common sense.

I must confess, I don't get why so frequently supporters are being 'asked' to leave. What harm are they doing?

A few years back I had the pleasure of visiting Madrid. Both at the Bernabeau and the other one (name escapes me, blame the medication) I was virtually encouraged to explore their stadiums, allowing me to go where ever I wanted. Without disability in those days, I went right up to the top of one particularly steep side, only to be waved at by the groundsman down below.

It seems that we still have a lot to learn as we move forward!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Just driven up from Cornwall for a funeral. Thought we'd call in at the stadium to have a look and get a car sticker for the new car.

Unfortunately, the knobs who are "stewarding" the site completely ruined the experience.

As we drove down to park, we passed the north east corner and the roller shutter was up. So when we'd parked, I walked towards the corner to look inside. The steward on the last corner into the car park pointed round behind the North Stand. "I'm just going to look through the gap first" I said. He pointed again, so I repeated myself. "You can't look inside" he said. I repeated myself again. "There's no gap" was the reply. "Yes there is, we just drove past it" says I. "you can't look inside, he repeated and stepped into my path.

I know the one you are on about Sully, I went to get a new home shirt today, and he tried to direct me into the car park. I pulled up alongside him and told him I was disabled, and couldn't walk from the car park to the shop. I also told him that the first time I came to the shop, the steward there let me park outside the shop. But he wasn't at all happy with that and made me park further down the road. There was no other vehicles moving around, so I didn't understand his attitude. He also stopped me looking inside the stadium, even though the roller shutter was up. I am not sure what he thought I was going to do. He is a bit self important.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hi, TH, good to speak to you again.

I understand that the new breed of stewards are paid £6 per hour. I must say that the vast majority are very good. The problem comes when the few who do not have any confidence to use their common sense.

I must confess, I don't get why so frequently supporters are being 'asked' to leave. What harm are they doing?

A few years back I had the pleasure of visiting Madrid. Both at the Bernabeau and the other one (name escapes me, blame the medication) I was virtually encouraged to explore their stadiums, allowing me to go where ever I wanted. Without disability in those days, I went right up to the top of one particularly steep side, only to be waved at by the groundsman down below.

It seems that we still have a lot to learn as we move forward!

Hi libra-gully, good to see you on here again.

IMHO it wouldn't do any harm whatsoever to have one corner of the ground open so that people could just come in and take photos from that spot, or just look at the pitch and the stands. The stadium has been a long time coming and has been eagerly awaited. People want to see inside. The club should recognise that. The stewards could keep a watchful eye on whichever corner they decided to open for viewing. What could be easier, or better PR?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
An unfortunate incident confined to ONE EMPLOYEE but a sweeping statement of 'why do the club employ morons' is ridiculous. I'm sure that was a heat of the moment statement but the reality is you always get one, two, several, dozens of idiots working for any company in any discipline anywhere on the planet.

You have to bear in mind we have gone from tinpot Withdean to a new state of the art top notch stadium, it will take the club and it's staff some time to adjust to new ticket systems, turnstiles, kiosks, stewarding and probably 100's off other variables.

They will iron out the niggles eventually, give them some time. Just think how much it's going to take us fans to get used to sitting in a state of the art stadium every other Saturday and try and appreciate how much work goes on behind the scenes to keep it ticking over.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing

Went to the ground for the first time myself today ( visit the shop ) and also noticed the large shutter was up by the North stand (3.15pm ish ). I saw a couple of people in there so I just walked in myself and stood close to the corner flag and admired the stadium. Was there about 4/5 mins when a steward shouted 'Oi what are you doing you're not allowed in here' !! I just replied that there was no sign saying I couldn't go in, shutter was up, no one to stop me going in so went in....simples. Anyway he moved me on and was polite about it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It all depends how stewards deliver the message,when I went on my tour around we wandered around and got lost and ended up in a restricted area,the steward came up to us and said "Excuse this area is off limits at the moment",No problem he was polite and we left. Had he come up and said "Oi!Get out of there!"then I would have been less inclined to move.As Del Boy says....People skills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here