Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do the club employ such morons?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just driven up from Cornwall for a funeral. Thought we'd call in at the stadium to have a look and get a car sticker for the new car.

Unfortunately, the knobs who are "stewarding" the site completely ruined the experience.

As we drove down to park, we passed the north east corner and the roller shutter was up. So when we'd parked, I walked towards the corner to look inside. The steward on the last corner into the car park pointed round behind the North Stand. "I'm just going to look through the gap first" I said. He pointed again, so I repeated myself. "You can't look inside" he said. I repeated myself again. "There's no gap" was the reply. "Yes there is, we just drove past it" says I. "you can't look inside, he repeated and stepped into my path.

Needless to say, I looked through the corner and took a photo.

What on earth was his problem? Bloody jumped up Hitler.

:rant:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
when i went to look around last friday all the fire exit doors were wide open and there were no stewards visible, probably could have actually walked into the stadium without problem if i had tried

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There are some stewards floating about that should not work with the public.

I had trouble with one at the Brighton Marathon. Not many people make me angry, but I really felt like nutting the fellow. Particularly after he batted my arm out the way when I was pointing towards the charity tent that had my pass in. Unfriendly, unhelpful, thuggish looking prick. I hope he hasn't got a gig at Amex.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think you were unlucky Sully, I went to the club shop yesterday, and without wishing to get anyone into trouble, a (very quick) blind eye was shown while my wife and I had a quick look in the ground. (We weren't the only ones). No harm was done. We were happy bunnies

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sounds like the OP was a bit unlucky. On both my visits so far, I've actually been amazed at how friendly everyone seems to be. You don't expect it from someone in a yellow jacket...

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
they were like that when we used to work at withdean....gonna be worse at the new stadium, all stewards are jumped up dicks

They are not really though, are they.

Most of the Albion and other stewards are friendly and do a great job. However, there are always a few power crazy stewards due to the nature of the job.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
all stewards are jumped up dicks

not fair. stewards receive their orders which are naturally bureaucratic and will include 'don't let people loiter', 'stand up in seating areas' and all that kind of thing. some of the guidelines are fair enough, some a bit silly and straight out of the H&S useless committee thinking handbook.

the stewards that wind people up are the ones that do their jobs properly. after a while most realise they don't have to enforce prattish rules and can be more relaxed, avoiding that little hitler thing... admittedly of course some people are just tits and probably get a thrill from wielding the microscopic amount of power placed in their care.

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
Just driven up from Cornwall for a funeral. Thought we'd call in at the stadium to have a look and get a car sticker for the new car.

Unfortunately, the knobs who are "stewarding" the site completely ruined the experience.

As we drove down to park, we passed the north east corner and the roller shutter was up. So when we'd parked, I walked towards the corner to look inside. The steward on the last corner into the car park pointed round behind the North Stand. "I'm just going to look through the gap first" I said. He pointed again, so I repeated myself. "You can't look inside" he said. I repeated myself again. "There's no gap" was the reply. "Yes there is, we just drove past it" says I. "you can't look inside, he repeated and stepped into my path.

Needless to say, I looked through the corner and took a photo.

What on earth was his problem? Bloody jumped up Hitler.

:rant:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You were lucky he didn't start shouting "Can you sit down please!" over and over. you may never have reached the shop!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Are some of the security operatives at the shiny new stadium, getting self-important, in protecting the new £90m asset?

You might have been from Al Qaeda or CPFC to the power hungry jobsworth!

I THINK YOU WERE UNLUCKY WHEN I ASKED THE GUY WHO WAS SWEEPING UP OUTSIDE IF I COULD POP IN HE OPENED UP THE DOOR TO DICKS!
He got behind the bar and poured a few complimentary beers,after a couple of hours gus and bloom brought some sarnies along and we talked footie till the early hours!
i think you met the wrong guy!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Stewards only get £3 an hour.

A few years ago at MK Dons old hockey stadium I lit up a cigarette BEFORE the smoking ban and there was no roof. It was raining too and some jobsworth steward comes up to me and says "No smoking in the ground pal". "Are you taking the piss?" I replied. "There's no f***ing roof, it's chucking it down and my team's losing. Hardly a fire hazard? Where are the f***ing signs?" After that he let fans smoke. Orange/yellow jackets - bit of power.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I THINK YOU WERE UNLUCKY WHEN I ASKED THE GUY WHO WAS SWEEPING UP OUTSIDE IF I COULD POP IN HE OPENED UP THE DOOR TO DICKS!
He got behind the bar and poured a few complimentary beers,after a couple of hours gus and bloom brought some sarnies along and we talked footie till the early hours!
i think you met the wrong guy!

You're shouting again Rev. Now take your medicine and hope back into bed. The nursing staff do enjoy your stories. :kiss:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here