Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do our own fans slag us off?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Would you care to enlarge on your utterly predictable (again) statement?

Nope, ive said what needs to be said. Nothing more to say other than i think you only posted this thread to get some attention. Congratulations.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So you are in agreement with those that say Poyet should be sacked, the ridiculing of our management and the berating of the players in our team?

Not in the least. I'm in agreement with those who criticised Poyet for deserting his post and, to a lesser extent, who criticised his tactics. Beyond that, meh, just looking forward to Tuesday.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not in the least. I'm in agreement with those who criticised Poyet for deserting his post and, to a lesser extent, who criticised his tactics. Beyond that, meh, just looking forward to Tuesday.

But I haven't mentioned any one incident, I was being generalist, why are you mentioning something that hasn't been made a point on this thread?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's not worth getting involved in LondonBlue, don't bother. Whatever happens we've had a fantastic season and apart from a very small, very vocal minority the fans are aware that Gus has transformed the club. People can criticise his style all they like... can't see him changing though, we'd have to change manager first. It's a shame that some people aren't intelligent enough to look at the success of a club like Swansea and realise that we have the basis in place to do the same thing, but it requires sticking by the game plan and encouraging players to be comfortable on the ball and ignore the temptation to lump it forward. With the right players, it will carry us a long way.

Still, I suppose after a dreadful run like 2 defeats in 17 games, the moaners are entitled to be out in force. Clowns.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nope, ive said what needs to be said. Nothing more to say other than i think you only posted this thread to get some attention. Congratulations.

So you are basically towing the line with Burns, how original of you.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's not worth getting involved in LondonBlue, don't bother. Whatever happens we've had a fantastic season and apart from a very small, very vocal minority the fans are aware that Gus has transformed the club. People can criticise his style all they like... can't see him changing though, we'd have to change manager first. It's a shame that some people aren't intelligent enough to look at the success of a club like Swansea and realise that we have the basis in place to do the same thing, but it requires sticking by the game plan and encouraging players to be comfortable on the ball and ignore the temptation to lump it forward. With the right players, it will carry us a long way.

Still, I suppose after a dreadful run like 2 defeats in 17 games, the moaners are entitled to be out in force. Clowns.

Relief! Someone actually believes in our club... sorry I know there are a few on this thread, but it seems the last batch has been nothing but derision.

I seriously don't know what they expect on here, a play off position is the only success? I think our season is already a success yet the muppets want Poyets head, why? Is this a failure season?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But I haven't mentioned any one incident, I was being generalist, why are you mentioning something that hasn't been made a point on this thread?

Because there are thousands of posters on NSC, covering every shade of opinion under the sun, and you appear to think because there are concentrated pockets of criticism at any given time, often from completely different subsets of posters, then you can lump them all under the generalist term 'the moaners'.

Maybe if you stepped down from your self-appointed role as policeman of the board then your life would be happier.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Because there are thousands of posters on NSC, covering every shade of opinion under the sun, and you appear to think because there are concentrated pockets of criticism at any given time, often from completely different subsets of posters, then you can lump them all under the generalist term 'the moaners'.

Maybe if you stepped down from your self-appointed role as policeman of the board then your life would be happier.

Really? So the generalists that want Poyet out are ok, but those that think we are doing ok thank you very much should pipe down? I really want to be a keyboard terrorist and be abusive, but it isn't my thing. Pompey is 40 miles west, go support them.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
For reference:

support

Pronunciation: /səˈpɔːt/

verb
[with object]
1 bear all or part of the weight of; hold up: the dome was supported by a hundred white columns

2 give assistance to, especially financially: the government gives £2,500 million a year to support the voluntary sector provide with a home and the necessities of life: my main concern was to support my family
give approval, comfort, or encouragement to: the proposal was supported by many delegates
be actively interested in and concerned for the success of (a particular sports team): fans should always support their team fully, no matter what (as adjective supporting) (of an actor or role) of secondary importance to the leading roles in a play or film: the production’s greatest successes are in the main supporting roles
(of a pop or rock group or performer) function as a secondary act to (another) at a concert.

3 suggest the truth of; corroborate: the studies support our findings

4 produce enough food and water for; be capable of sustaining: the land had lost its capacity to support life

5 endure; tolerate: at work during the day I could support the grief

6 (of a computer or operating system) allow the use or operation of (a program, language, or device): the new versions do not support the graphical user interface standard

From http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/support?q=Support

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really? So the generalists that want Poyet out are ok, but those that think we are doing ok thank you very much should pipe down? I really want to be a keyboard terrorist and be abusive, but it isn't my thing. Pompey is 40 miles west, go support them.

Oh for pete's sake :facepalm:

OK, I give up on this one, you just carry on with your sterling work in trying to marshall every NSC poster on to the right side of 'the line'. And good luck with that. Should warn you though, it'll be like herding cats :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

How bigger hole are you going to actually dig for yourself ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
On reflection of posts I cannot believe how many negative comments there are towards BHAFC already. What do you negatives expect of 'your' club? What did you expect in July 2011 as opposed to April 2012? What has changed? Why don't you want the manager any more? If it wasn't for the manager would we have got Vicente? CMS? KLL? Nooney? How would we have faired under, say big Mick from Wolves? Would you have preferred that? What exactly do you want?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Know your stance then.

I know mine which is to understand football is a game of opinions not a sanitised world where everyone has to agree with you

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

I think you'll find Swansea play with 2 wingers.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps i can describe my love for Gus like this-

Bit like the unconditional love a parent gives their child is how i view Gus-don't always agree with everything they do though

To have Gus here at Brighton i feel amazed by, privileged we are as a club,and it's an absolute honour-

I genuinely hope that Gus is here 7 years from now-

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh for pete's sake :facepalm:

OK, I give up on this one, you just carry on with your sterling work in trying to marshall every NSC poster on to the right side of 'the line'. And good luck with that. Should warn you though, it'll be like herding cats :lol:

Sorry what is the difference in supporting your club and knocking them? I personally prefer to support them... problem?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here