Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did White ignore the fans tonight?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This is a very sensible post. Dean is a remarkably hard working and dedicated coach/individual who has nothing but respect from all the players and staff at the club. It never fails to amaze me some of the comments I read on here about him and others from people who have absolutley no knowledge of them either professionally or personally, but are still willing to offer any sort of pejorative view point about them.

Your entitled to your opinion of course, but your comments about his ability to do his job should be tempered with the knowledge that in general terms you haven't got a f***ing clue what your talking about, unless you have first hand experience of working with him.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

:ascarf:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well put it this way: Im happy to ignore Dean White.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ah yes, but if the fans got behind the team and MA...

And we're back to the chicken & egg...is it down to the fans to motivate the team, or the team to motivate the fans ? Whilst I've not been abusive to Micky or the players at the games, I've sat there exhasperated at the horrific spectacle they've laid on this season. Its hard to be out of your seat clapping, cheering and hollering when time and again the football served up is barely sunday league quality.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And we're back to the chicken & egg...is it down to the fans to motivate the team, or the team to motivate the fans ? Whilst I've not been abusive to Micky or the players at the games, I've sat there exhasperated at the horrific spectacle they've laid on this season. Its hard to be out of your seat clapping, cheering and hollering when time and again the football served up is barely sunday league quality.

I'm actually with you on this. Just, from Dean White's point of view (and some other people) MA was doing all he could, th players were giving their all, the just needed time and faith, and the fans put too much pressure on the board because they're impatient.

In truth, I imagine he didn't acknowledge it because he was focused on the game at hand and/or saw the response as being 'for the players' and if he reacted to the applause he'd be considered a gloryhog etc.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I thought he got a good reception............. but then as a tv repair man, he should know about aerials.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To all the people who seem to think this thread is having a go at Dean White's ability as a coach, I think you need to read my post again. I'm not interested in that. The new manager will decide whether he remains in his job, is given a new one, or leaves the club, so for now at least I think we can leave that argument to one side. I was simply saying that fans who turn up each week and pay £25 to watch a side with 3 home wins out of 16 who are stuck in the bottom four of a poor division deserve something back from the manager (temporary or not) when they're prepared to offer support.

I think most people saw your post as an opportunity to have a go at DW. If it wasn't, why raise the subject. I thought DW and BB were both in charge of the team yet you don't criticise BB (as I didn't notice hime acknowledginge the crowd). If he had acknowledged the applause, assuming that everyone was applauding him and not any of the players the, as a previous poster pointed out, he would have had stick for being a gloryhog. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I was in D block, and didn't notice any abuse being directed at White at all. Maybe a few grumbles when he "slotted" Virgo back into into central midfield, but to say White was "almost constantly abused thoughout the match" is tosh.

So you totally missed that bloke near the front standing up and screaming abuse at White?

All the abuse about Fraser not being a winger as well? Noticed Fraser didn't clap the fans either..

He was probably unaware the claps where for him and didn't bother looking up as he knows that he is generally disliked. I have met him a few times and when i have spoken to him he has been polite and been very open and generally a nice guy. I don't really have a problem with him coaching at this club.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe he felt all the grief that the crowd had given Mickey was unfair, forcing him out and how all the constant negativity has affected the players and coaches at the club he decided not to clap them as it would / could appear that he was congratulating them on what they achieved (Adams sacking).

or maybe he could here the idiot in block F shouting at him that he'd be out of a job tomorrow and shopping next weekend, or somewhere else rather than at Withdean as the were walking towards the touchline.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To all the people who seem to think this thread is having a go at Dean White's ability as a coach, I think you need to read my post again. I'm not interested in that. The new manager will decide whether he remains in his job, is given a new one, or leaves the club, so for now at least I think we can leave that argument to one side. I was simply saying that fans who turn up each week and pay £25 to watch a side with 3 home wins out of 16 who are stuck in the bottom four of a poor division deserve something back from the manager (temporary or not) when they're prepared to offer support.

But you are always questioning his ability

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

The last part of that post is rubbish. Why should he applaud a section of the crowd that have slagged him and the other coaches off at nearly every home game this season.

We may not be happy with the way the team is playing which does give us the right to moan/complain, but not to level such personal abuse at people. I don't mind the crowd booing at the end of matches if they feel the need, but the personal abuse aimed at people (in any walk of life) I think is unacceptable.

Dean White is probably quite rightly pissed off with a large majority of BHA fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here