Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did White ignore the fans tonight?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Imagine you're at your local newsagents. As you pick up your daily paper, imagine if you start booing and screaming abuse at the guy at the till, who is only there as cover. And you mutter that you 'pay his wages', I don't think you'd have much right to get uppity at him for not acknowedging you next time you pop in. Dean White is a human being just like you. He's doing the best job he can in a difficult situation.

Last edited:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I am sure Dean is thicked skinned enough not to let the abuse get him down. A new manager might like to keep him, at least to the end of the season,as he was....reserve team coach. Dean White would not resign,feeling a demotion.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Probably didn't clap the fans because of all the crap he had to put up with during the game. Everything he did was wrong according to a vocal minority last night. He did nothing and think he conducted himself very well

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brightonbear speaks well of Dean White and obviously has first hand knowledge as opposed to us fans who can only judge by results so I would ask him what has changed, as the attitude of the players seems to be a lot more positive. Had we played against Luton as we did last night we would be going to Wembley and had we done the same during the season we would be a lot higher up in the table

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If Dean White's record of 1 win and 1 draw continues for the rest of the season:

P46 W15 D18 L13 F50 A53 Pts63

Not bad, eh?

Not saying this is what's going to happen, but I think we'd settle for him as boss if it meant that, wouldn't we?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If Dean White's record of 1 win and 1 draw continues for the rest of the season:

Not bad, eh?

Not saying this is what's going to happen, but I think we'd settle for him as boss if it meant that, wouldn't we?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Not bad, eh?

PLEASE do nothing whatsoever to encourage DK to take the cheap option ???

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
sorry!

I want Gannon in...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
sorry!

I want Gannon in...

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
I can't see that it matters whether he applauds or acknowledges the fans or not.

As a professional White will be acutely aware that this is a 'results business,' and he knows that it's far more important to get some decent results under his belt, rather than 'cuddle' up to the fans, who will turn on him as soon as results deteriorate again.

All this applause for just 'being there' is somewhat hypocritical anyway, given the abuse meted out to him for being part of the management team who have taken us to the brink of the lowest division in the football league.

Maybe instead of indulging in a debate about who is worthy of applause, we should be thinking about who's to blame for us changing our manager as often as we change our kit? Just a thought....

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This is a very sensible post. Dean is a remarkably hard working and dedicated coach/individual who has nothing but respect from all the players and staff at the club. It never fails to amaze me some of the comments I read on here about him and others from people who have absolutley no knowledge of them either professionally or personally, but are still willing to offer any sort of pejorative view point about them.

Your entitled to your opinion of course, but your comments about his ability to do his job should be tempered with the knowledge that in general terms you haven't got a f***ing clue what your talking about, unless you have first hand experience of working with him.

I'm impressed by this as it give as different perspective, is backed with personal experience and, most pleasing, we appear to have a player who knows the word pejorative!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here