Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did I BOTHER with the Lib Dems?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
BBC News - Cable accepts unlimited tuition fees plan

f***ing gutless tossers! :angry:

As it happens I believe this is shockingly crap decision, and an excellent way to help the country move towards a society of haves and have-nots. But actually it's not the fact that the government are making this decision, it's the fact that the Liberals said they would NEVER accept unlimited tuition fees and are now doing yet another about turn.

In fact, what is the point of the lib dems? What is their legacy of time in power? They're just letting the Tories do whatever they want and then bickering about it amongst each other behind closed doors.

Spineless. I won't be voting for them all the while Clegg and Cable are anywhere near their top jobs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did you not know it was a wasted vote when you made it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're welcome to add to the steady stream joining/re-joining the Labour Party. Hove and Portslade is enjoying a healthy influx of members.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is taken as read when the Tories are in power , the LibDems are just the teaboys of the Coalition.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Did you not know it was a wasted vote when you made it?
It's only become a wasted vote since Clegg took his merry band of primary school teaching real ale twats into government. Since then, they've just done as they're told while their grass roots membership grumbles discontentedly into their Guardians.

And I live in Reigate, under first past the post. My vote was always going to be wasted if it wasn't Tory. The sad thing is, the Lib Dems in the cabinet are doing more than any Tory or Labour politician could do to promote first past the post as the best way forward.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're welcome to add to the steady stream joining/re-joining the Labour Party. Hove and Portslade is enjoying a healthy influx of members.
You see, I don't approve of a lot of what Labour did under Brown, I really wouldn't want to vote for them. However, I don't see any credible alternative to them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Simster, this is all very boring.

You need to get your mind round the fact this is a COALITION and stop seeing it as two individual parties.

Do you think the Tory voters of Middle England were happy to see their child benefit disappear? I think not.

Do you think the Tories would have raised the annual Personal Allowance by 16% in one year? I think not.

David Cameron used the word "fairness" a lot at the Tory conference last week.

All of the above points to the Lib Dems having SOME influence in the government of this country.

Personally, I think there are too many Micky Mouse university courses around, and if an increase in tuition fees helps to "weed out" some of the academic rubbish then so much the better. There are too many young people out of the workforce doing worthless degrees and they'd be better served getting proper skills for the workplace.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
not really into politics , however the labour party would introduce a graduate tax.
also cuurently the limit before repaying your loan is 15,000 p.a
is this not going up to 21,000 p.a ,surely this helps graduates on smaller salaries like some social workers etc.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
in short this country financially is in the shit and guess what everybody has got to pay towrds the deficit.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
BBC News - Cable accepts unlimited tuition fees plan

f***ing gutless tossers! :angry:

As it happens I believe this is shockingly crap decision, and an excellent way to help the country move towards a society of haves and have-nots. But actually it's not the fact that the government are making this decision, it's the fact that the Liberals said they would NEVER accept unlimited tuition fees and are now doing yet another about turn.

In fact, what is the point of the lib dems? What is their legacy of time in power? They're just letting the Tories do whatever they want and then bickering about it amongst each other behind closed doors.

Spineless. I won't be voting for them all the while Clegg and Cable are anywhere near their top jobs.

Like you, I also voted for them (anti-Tory vote in Bath), but that's it - Tory/Lib Dem/New Labour = :wanker:/:wanker:/:wanker:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good. Higher education should be the preserve of the wealthy. Generally wealth measures up with intelligence, so we shouldn't wish to raise the hopes of the underclass.

I like the way the coalition are moving. The latest move to cut benefits will hopefully slow down the growth of the intellectually challenged underclass and the strain on society shall not be so great once they begin to diminish.

Life expectancy shall decrease for those stuck in the poverty trap and we shall start to move towards a society of well bred and well educated persons being the dominant specie.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Good. Higher education should be the preserve of the wealthy. Generally wealth measures up with intelligence, so we shouldn't wish to raise the hopes of the underclass.

I like the way the coalition are moving. The latest move to cut benefits will hopefully slow down the growth of the intellectually challenged underclass and the strain on society shall not be so great once they begin to diminish.

Life expectancy shall decrease for those stuck in the poverty trap and we shall start to move towards a society of well bred and well educated persons being the dominant specie.

:fishing:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
There goes my gap year, and possibly my application altogether. Its an absolute joke of a decision, it really is simply pushing the lower classes out of higher education, an oppurtunity which should be open to all.
f***ing Sickening.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
If the cuts are needed desperately now, Why does the change in Child benefit not take place till 2013?

And if they will relax the cuts if we start to go into recession won't we then be in worse shit as they have already said we HAVE to take these steps.

Also didn't we print loads of money to give it to the banks which was loads more than the money we supposedly spent - why can't we get some of it back from the banks?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Simster, this is all very boring.

You need to get your mind round the fact this is a COALITION and stop seeing it as two individual parties.
I think that's the problem isn't it? It's not two parties, the Lib Dems have basically grafted themself onto the backside of the Conservatives when the votes that put them in that position were won by campaigning on the exact opposite of every major decision that is being taken.

You have to question what mandate the tories have for this latest policy when the exact opposite has been a flagship Lib Dem policy forever. I'm pretty sure people who voted Lib Dems didn't vote for this, the tories don't have a majoirty, yet the Lib Dems are allowing them to act like one. Doesn't seem like democracy to me. :shrug:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Maybe the Libdems exchanged those gentle beliefs for a new banking tax that'll come in in a few days that we pretty much all celebrate enormously. We get all the bad news first and then we see the unpoliced get something that at least looks like their comeuppance.
They're bound to have given it up for something. I just hope it's not their desperate clinging to the outlines of power for the first time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here