Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why couldn't Leon score in a brothel

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Leon was brilliant yesterday, apart from his finishing which, to be honest, is what he is in the side to do... that said, he deserved the MOM award, and people who are slagging him now after his sub appearance at Ipswich, and yesterday, are totally out of order, IMHO...

Well done, Leon... keep up the good work fella', and the gaols will come... :) :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
b.w.2. said:

Well done, Leon... keep up the good work fella', and the gaols will come... :) :)

Come on. He doesn't deserve to be locked up.

larus

kinkygerbil said:
think charlie has been good this year (and i never thought id ever say that)

Yes, he has been, but he never looks like creating any chances going forward. Hammond gives us this option.

As for LK, get off his case. He started slowly this year, but is now playing well, and also trying hard. OK, he han't hit the net yet, but neither has Claridge in four full games.

If LK gets dropped for AV, I will be f***ed off. After the way he played yesterday he deserves to have a run in the team AS ONE OF A PAIR OF STRIKERS.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
GG - this latest rant wouldn't by any chance be linked to your recommended betting strategy of '100 pounds Brighton to win winning halftime/fulltime, at 15/8' would it? Sane enough wager, on the face of it, but things don't always go to plan. There's REALLY no need to take it out on lil' Leon. Thought he was turning his man really well yesterday.

If you want a foolproof betting strategy for the Albion, simply split your stake and have a bet on the Albion to win 1-0 and have a seperate bet on the Albion to lose 1-0. That way you'll end up with a 6/1 winner most weeks.

You have not been charged for this service :angel:

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Tom Hark said:
'100 pounds Brighton to win winning halftime/fulltime, at 15/8' would it?

Ouch! :lolol:

My Roth. HT/ Brighton FT never really looked like coming off either, but 25/1 looked a good price for us to finally score more than one.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
larus said:
If LK gets dropped for AV, I will be f***ed off. After the way he played yesterday he deserves to have a run in the team AS ONE OF A PAIR OF STRIKERS.

I fully concur. Bringing Virgs in is a backwards step - he should only be used upfront in an emergency now. Claridge and Knight played together and we actually created a lot of chances - one or other will score soon. People claim Knight is in the team to score, but his game is about more than that - his crosses and through balls for Claridge were superb yesterday. He was a real danger creatively.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Repugnant Toad said:
People claim Knight is in the team to score, but his game is about more than that - his crosses and through balls for Claridge were superb yesterday. He was a real danger creatively.

When he's not scoring I think he makes quite a tricky little winger. He's the only one we've got that can take the ball past anyone.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He was ok yesterday, he was not Henry or Zidane and we were playing Rotherham , rock botton by 6 clear points and 20 games without a win before Tuesday.

He needs to pull his socks up.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Gareth Glover said:
He was ok yesterday, he was not Henry or Zidane and we were playing Rotherham , rock botton by 6 clear points and 20 games without a win before Tuesday.

He needs to pull his socks up.

Only because he'd already ran them off. He was awesome - if that's "ok", you're setting yourself stupidly high expectations.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He was not AWESOME, he did O.K. but he could and should have done more.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I beg to differ. He was AWESOME. He did everything but score, and only one was a really good chance - Claridge's (set up by Leon) was better. He ran rings round the defenders, and put in some quality balls, best display of the season.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Virgo was AWESOME yesterday. You should have seen him in the stands, he had a really nice jacket on, and sat up nice and straight. Then he had a hot dog, and didn't spill ANY down his front, then he walked back to his seat without falling over or anything. What a guy.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Of course, if Leon was in the stands (which he should have been, naturally - they could have blacked up Virgs and put Knight's shirt on him), he'd have slumped all over the place and had to be told off, then he'd have sulked and stormed off. He'd almost certainly have squeezed his hot dog too hard and made the ketchup come out the end, then he'd be rolling around on the floor, all "Aah! It's so hot, it's burning me!". What a little shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here