Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why couldn't Leon score in a brothel

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why has Leon become so impotent in front of goal. He should have scored 2 or 3 yesterday. My Mum could have knocked in the chance in the second half. He also blew it against Crewe when he was clean through to miscontrol it. Also he must be on the official ref's cheater list as he has a reputation for himself now. I am not suprised that the ref's blow up when he folds like a pack of cards. He is also a bit of a big baby squealing everytime a defender nudges him.

Now I know some people won't like this but it has to be said. A striker with 2 goals after nearly 20 games is a passenger in my book and he needs to sort his act out and pdq. It is lucky for him we have no other strikers in the side.

He also has a attitude problem, small man syndrome maybe. Only God can judge me. No leon I can as well as a paying customer and you have been very poor this season me old son.

Hero last year, Zero this year or am I being a bit harsh.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
A little bit harsh I think but I see your point, once he's scored one his confidence will come back and he'll start banging them in. Being dropped and playing on the wing can't do great for the little fellas confidence, just needs to find his goalscoring touch again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't really argue with much you've written there Gareth, EXCEPT - although Leon didn't score yesterday, he was a long, long way from being a passenger. He was a constant menace to Rotherhams defence. Almost all our most threatening attacks came through him either drifting wide and whipping balls in, or with Leon running at them down the middle.

As for his attitude...well, Leons Leon. You have to take him, warts and all. If he's putting the effort in, which he certainly has over the last few weeks, then I'd still have him in the starting lineup every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I hear that some French striker called Cantona had an attitude problem, and he achieved NOTHING as a result of it (apart from being the most influencial player in the Prem in the 90's)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
A couple of times he did seem to be loitering out wide when the ball was already moving away from him almost as if he was apprehensive to get where he should be.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He is 22, has a lot to learn, and we should be getting behind him rather than slagging him off

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
El Presidente said:
He is 22, has a lot to learn, and we should be getting behind him rather than slagging him off

No ones slagging him off. It's just people's opinions. You can't change that. All that really matters is the way he plays and the way Mcghee percieves him.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Easy 10 said:
Can't really argue with much you've written there Gareth, EXCEPT - although Leon didn't score yesterday, he was a long, long way from being a passenger. He was a constant menace to Rotherhams defence. Almost all our most threatening attacks came through him either drifting wide and whipping balls in, or with Leon running at them down the middle.

As for his attitude...well, Leons Leon. You have to take him, warts and all. If he's putting the effort in, which he certainly has over the last few weeks, then I'd still have him in the starting lineup every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Spot on. I agree with most of your post Garteh, but yesterday he did play very well and looked by far our most dangerous player.

I would love it if someone would talk him out of making the most of every challenge. Most of the time I'm not shouting words of encouragement at him, I'm just shouting 'Come on Leon, get up, that didn't hurt'

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think he needs one goal and the rest will come. He played well yesterday and has started to go past players again.

People forget what a good passer of the ball he is.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think, if he put his mind to it, concentrated the whole time, and really got stuck in.. then he possibly could score in a brothel. :jester:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
e77 said:
I think he needs one goal and the rest will come. He played well yesterday and has started to go past players again.

People forget what a good passer of the ball he is.

Have to agree. Look at Owen in Madrid. He was having a terrible time, the fans were saying he was useless etc etc. Now he has found some form and is turning the critisism around.

When he scores it will kick start his season again, and we will look back at the end of the season and wonder what we were worried about.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Biscuit said:
I think, if he put his mind to it, concentrated the whole time, and really got stuck in.. then he possibly could score in a brothel. :jester:

But only twice a season.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
But he can do 67 press-ups in a minute, must count for something.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I thought his open play was excellent yesterday and he was unlucky with the chances he had not to score. For me attacking wise he and Nicholas were the difference between the sides yesterday. Can't believe there's a thread slating him after a performance like that.

Last edited:

Have to disagree. I thought Leon was excellent yesterday and was unlucky not to get on the score sheet. If he continues to play like a "passenger" as he did yesterday then the goals won't be long coming and I for one will be more than happy.

Sure, he hasn't been playing brilliantly recently, but a forward should do more than just score. His ball through to Claridge in the 1st half should have resulted in a goal, so from that point of view he did well.

As for falling like a deck of cards there was an occasion yesterday when he could have gone over and might well have got a penalty, but as at Ipswich he stayed on his feet.

At the end of the day a forward can only earn the rewards from the service he is given. Leon has not been getting that service, apart from yesterday in the 1st half when the ball was played to his feet time and time again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rangdo said:
No ones slagging him off. It's just people's opinions. You can't change that. All that really matters is the way he plays and the way Mcghee percieves him.

that never happens at withdean does it?
every game you hear get a move on or knight do something knight
its stupid

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
kinkygerbil said:
that never happens at withdean does it?
every game you hear get a move on or knight do something knight
its stupid

Yes, but thats their opinion. The only person who can change that is Leon himself. I thought he played well yesterday but he's made a name for himself and only he can shed that. He needs to keep working hard like he did yesterday and when he goes down, whether it's a dive or not, get back up and get on with it. Not roll around while the game carries on around him.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He was by far our best player yesterday, and was the only player who looked likely to get us something, so I'm not sure why he's STILL getting slagged off on here - he did absolutely everything but score yesterday, and was the deserved MOM. If Virgs had put in that performance and not scored, he'd be being hailed as the next Pele ...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
he has been working hard for last two months but hardly anyone sees this as they are all up virgos arse and slagging off leon seems to be the in thing to do

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Tommy Cook reporting said:
At the end of the day a forward can only earn the rewards from the service he is given. Leon has not been getting that service, apart from yesterday in the 1st half when the ball was played to his feet time and time again.

I think this statement is spot on and I do think that Knight and Claridge are capable of scoring goals, also I think Virgo, Hart and Mcphee would aswell. Everyone keeps saying we need a new striker but do we really? I think our defence is as good as most in the division, but for me our problem is and has been for a long time the midfield. We are so slow and pedestrian in our build up and not one of our midfield is capable of getting forward and supporting the front runners.
And while I am on the subject can anyone explain to me why Dean Hammond is now the forgotten man. At Watford with both Hammond and Nicholas in the midfield I thought we dominated it there.
As yesterday proved if Currie is not getting his crosses in then he adds nothing to the team and as for Charlie, well Charlie is Charlie and enough has been said about him in the past.
Rant Over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here