Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why cant H block be more like the Holte End?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sat politely for most of the game and only got going once a victory was assured, the 12th man indeed! :lolol: I know a lot of people on here don't like those in H block but at least they make an effort to sing all game.

gort

Jan 22, 2010
As i said in another thread, no offence but we were playing Brighton. It was your big day out, do you take 6400 everywhere you go? It would have been the same had you played at say Everton, West Ham, or pretty much any Premier League team, your 6400 fans would have outsung them while their fans sat in silence, a Premier League team's fans aren't going to be up for Brighton at home.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
As i said in another thread, no offence but we were playing Brighton. It was your big day out, do you take 6400 everywhere you go? It would have been the same had you played at say Everton, West Ham, or pretty much any Premier League team, your 6400 fans would have outsung them while their fans sat in silence, a Premier League team's fans aren't going to be up for Brighton at home.

And yet our singing section turned up to rushden and diamonds and sung throughout, which is my point.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009

pfft, you clearly weren't at the match- if you were then you'd know that we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen! :clap2:

I'll get my coat...

gort

Jan 22, 2010
And yet our singing section turned up to rushden and diamonds and sung throughout, which is my point.
Our singing section is in the Upper Holte, even when they sing it's hard to hear at the opposite end because they're so high. Also when you're in an away end singing all game you're not going to hear the home fans are you.

I said in the other thread i'm not sure what your fans were expecting to be honest, all Premier League grounds are the same, the atmosphere is rubbish especially against lower league opposition.Thats modern day football for you.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree. I reckon it will be much louder against arsenal when you play them!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I said in the other thread i'm not sure what your fans were expecting to be honest, all Premier League grounds are the same, the atmosphere is rubbish especially against lower league opposition.Thats modern day football for you.

I guees that's why Pompey & Stoke fans sound so good.

They haven't learnt the Premiership rules yet. It's for the prawn sandwich brigade, you can't sing in the Premiership guys!! :(

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In fairness to Villa, it's a bit like saying the atmosphere in the reserve games is poor.

The Holte End was packed so fair play to them. Can't really blame them for not giving it their all in what is a fairly minor game compared to their last and upcoming few.

gort

Jan 22, 2010
I guees that's why Pompey & Stoke fans sound so good.

They haven't learnt the Premiership rules yet. It's for the prawn sandwich brigade, you can't sing in the Premiership guys!! :(
Thems the rules. Look at teams like Blues, when they first came up they were selling out every week and the atmosphere was good...a couple of seasons in the Premier League and they had thousands of empty seats and the atmosphere was non-existant. Thats what it does, it dilutes your support and home crowds are only bothered for big games.

Oh and the same Stoke who used to have 10k empty seats in the Championship? Very loyal.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Holte end singing was diabolical, only heard them after they scored their first goal then nothing till after they scored their other goals. 12th man, f*** me they'll need the 17th man and that'll probably sound like the 12th man.

atomicjam

Jan 3, 2010
Holte end singing was diabolical, only heard them after they scored their first goal then nothing till after they scored their other goals. 12th man, f*** me they'll need the 17th man and that'll probably sound like the 12th man.

I sit on the sides and we (Villa) were as loud as Brighton for much of the game. You were in the away end far from the Holte so your perception of noise within the ground is totally biased. Your posts about our support make you sound like all the other lower league clubs that come to Villa Park. Away from home our support is great and if we had a serious game at home it would be alot louder. Shame, as I thought you guys had a good day despite the result.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke

Is that really your defence for your piss poor home support?? near 34k villa supporters and not a peep for 90% of the game! If your not gonna be up for little Brighton why did you bother paying your tenner and coming through the turnstile in the first place??

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We all had a great day out, there was no trouble, even saw us score at Villa Park for the first time (I last saw us play there in '82), locals were friendly and a laugh, only cost a tenner and STILL some people find a reason to bitch and whine.

villain

Jan 22, 2010
Is that really your defence for your piss poor home support?? near 34k villa supporters and not a peep for 90% of the game! If your not gonna be up for little Brighton why did you bother paying your tenner and coming through the turnstile in the first place??

What did you expect, though?

Boca v River Plate?

Incidentally, "piss poor home support" when we had 34,000 Villa supporters coming to watch us play a lower league side. That seems a bit of a misconception there.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I sit on the sides and we (Villa) were as loud as Brighton for much of the game. You were in the away end far from the Holte so your perception of noise within the ground is totally biased. Your posts about our support make you sound like all the other lower league clubs that come to Villa Park. Away from home our support is great and if we had a serious game at home it would be alot louder. Shame, as I thought you guys had a good day despite the result.

:laugh:

I don't really care but there is NO WAY they were as loud as us, 3 of my mates who were in the holte end said it was very quiet until it was 3-1.

I really don't care anyway, we scored 2 at Villa and the lads did us proud, so who gives a shit really..?

Helter

Jan 4, 2010

Sorry, but when we was at the goldstone with near capacity matches it always resulted in the home (us) fans being bang on form, withdean is shit, falmer will be like the goldstone.

Very disappointed in you today.

villain

Jan 22, 2010
Sorry, but when we was at the goldstone with near capacity matches it always resulted in the home (us) fans being bang on form, withdean is shit, falmer will be like the goldstone.

Very disappointed in you today.

That's because you've never experienced premier league football.

75,000 people at Old Trafford every other week and it's flat as anything.

The lower down the leagues you get, the noisier and more passionate it gets.

Years of 40 quid tickets have brought us to a point where every single home ground (bar Stoke) in the top flight is moribund week in, week out. I've been to Newcastle (in the top flight) with 51,000 people there and it was the quietest football ground I've ever been to.

What I find funny (and, to be honest, a bit refreshing) is that some of you actually expected it to be different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here