Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why cant H block be more like the Holte End?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We all had a great day out, there was no trouble, even saw us score at Villa Park for the first time (I last saw us play there in '82), locals were friendly and a laugh, only cost a tenner and STILL some people find a reason to bitch and whine.

??? This is a thread having a go at the Home fans in a mildly light hearted way for their pretty dire home support.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Welcome to the world of Premier League football - that is what it is like at pretty much every ground in the top flight.

Games like today are never going to have a great home atmosphere. Wednesday night was like watching a different sport.

Still, you lot seem to have been appreciated.

Heroes and Villains :: View topic - Brighton Hove Albion Fan-Watch

I’ve criticised your singing but met some fanatic Villa fans, drank in the first Villa pub nearest Aston station, cracking lads. Brought me a beer and like wise, wish the day wouldn’t end. The stadium is brilliant.

Thanks Villain, you were great hosts.

Thanks again.:clap:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bring back the terraces, lower the ticket prices and stop watching sky......and we might get our atmosphere back (in the top league).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry, but when we was at the goldstone with near capacity matches it always resulted in the home (us) fans being bang on form

Utter bollocks, the Goldstone rarely rocked. On occasions it was brilliant, but too often you could hear a pin drop.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Very disappointed with the lack of noise created today. It was so quiet throughout the first half until our goal. Have had much louder games with far less fans. Doesn't help when we're split between two stands and the home fans aren't up for it though. But was still far too quiet for my liking

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Very disappointed with the lack of noise created today. It was so quiet throughout the first half until our goal. Have had much louder games with far less fans. Doesn't help when we're split between two stands and the home fans aren't up for it though. But was still far too quiet for my liking

:fishing:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Not at all. There weren't many chants before kick off, other then Albion, and Seagulls. Then when Villa scored there was naff all until Elphick equalised. I was hoping for 90 mins of noise and was disappointed we got nowhere near that. The Villa fans say we were 'good' but what they expected from a lower league team on their big day out. I was hoping we'd blow them away, but sadly we were just alright.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Not at all. There weren't many chants before kick off, other then Albion, and Seagulls. Then when Villa scored there was naff all until Elphick equalised. I was hoping for 90 mins of noise and was disappointed we got nowhere near that. The Villa fans say we were 'good' but what they expected from a lower league team on their big day out. I was hoping we'd blow them away, but sadly we were just alright.

The problem was that we was split up. Two stands and get a ticket and don't know where you are or who you're sitting next to. Don’t know what they're like, are they old, boring, just want to watch the game and not sing etc. If it was one stand, pay on the day, 6,400 behind the goal then it would be awesome.

I’m hoping Falmer will be different, Everyone knows where to go to make the stadium bounce.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The problem was that we was split up. Two stands and get a ticket and don't know where you are or who you're sitting next to. Don’t know what they're like, are they old, boring, just want to watch the game and not sing etc. If it was one stand, pay on the day, 6,400 behind the goal then it would be awesome.

I’m hoping Falmer will be different, Everyone knows where to go to make the stadium bounce.

And the Villa fans didn't help create an atmosphere either. But then I can understand that as I can't say I was too loud when we played Rushden at home.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Why can't H block be more like the Holte End?

Because H block is guaranteed to be rammed with absolute knobs every week.

It sounded fairly noisy where we were (Upper North, towards the back, just to the right of the goal) - but maybe most of the noise we could hear was bouncing off the roof above us, rather than flying through the air to all corners of the ground.

It's a funny thing, is noise. I dare say the top portion of the Holte End sounds very noisy ... if you're in the top portion of the Holte End. And I dare say that the Holte End probably can't hear a peep of the decibels that bounce around beneath the roof of the North Stand.

Everyone wins, of course. We ALL go home thinking that most of the noise that we heard came from the people immediately around us.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As i said in another thread, no offence but we were playing Brighton. It was your big day out, do you take 6400 everywhere you go? It would have been the same had you played at say Everton, West Ham, or pretty much any Premier League team, your 6400 fans would have outsung them while their fans sat in silence, a Premier League team's fans aren't going to be up for Brighton at home.

That's a fair point, we did exactly the same thing at home to Rushden. Our home support was shit that day

I don't think anyone's in a position to criticise the Villa support when over 30,000 turn up

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton

Were you even there?:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here