Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why aren't the mods doing their job?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
People frothing at looney's paranoia over NSC cliques. Too funny.

Just ignore the dopey little munchkin.

dont you have some shopping for manbags to be doing? I kind of like having you following me around gumming my ankles, an ideal cyber Aunt Sally.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Its not the same thing and you know it. Making up abstract insults for the purpose of humour is not the same as following someone around the board making repeat claims about their real life affairs.

People have a dig at US, what if people started winding him up about having a crooked business, repeatedly?

I can brush it off and look forward to having monkfish pointed out to me one day, but as has been said people do take online to seriously and IF there are any real life ramifications from this I would pursue legal action. The same as if making digs at Roz went over into digs at her business which started to cost he business.

You do get the distinction here? Its important, youve all f***ed up plenty of times crossing this line. Bozza with the guy who had the pay site being the last.

I don't get the distinction because you cannot structure a sentence or paragraph coherently.

As for making comments about US's business affairs, if I saw such malevolent comments I would remove them instantly.

I genuinely don't know what posts you are referring to in relation to your 'real life affairs', or who you have had them with. All I know is that you don't like people taking the piss about your alleged role as a scoutmaster.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
El Pez

do a search through the multiple accounts you know of then see if its worth the hassle tollerating them/hunting them down after someones banned and see if it would make the mods lives a lot easier? its not an issue of free speech as people still have an account, neither is it about expression as I have proved you can express yourself in so many ways with one.

I'm of to do the Lingfield card for tomorrows racing now. Have fun with all the other nerds.:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
dont you have some shopping for manbags to be doing? I kind of like having you following me around gumming my ankles, an ideal cyber Aunt Sally.
You are so sweet really looney with your silly little ideas on things.

"oh no someone called me a 'pedo' (sic) and the nastly little mods didn't do anything" *froth* *beetroot face* etc

:laugh:

:thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I don't get the distinction because you cannot structure a sentence or paragraph coherently.

As for making comments about US's business affairs, if I saw such malevolent comments I would remove them instantly.

I genuinely don't know what posts you are referring to in relation to your 'real life affairs', or who you have had them with. All I know is that you don't like people taking the piss about your alleged role as a scoutmaster.

Are you saying you dont know whats libelous and isnt? You think pedo references are not malevolent were racist terms are?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Nowt wrong with two accounts in the right circumstance - bhadebenhams, 1067 seagull and Aldridge Prior have all made some pretty funny contributions to the site.

When people have a secound account that is purely used to abuse or complain then it's a bit sad. Don't ban them or delete them, just out them and the self policing nature will soon stop them being a dick :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
El Pez

do a search through the multiple accounts you know of then see if its worth the hassle tollerating them/hunting them down after someones banned and see if it would make the mods lives a lot easier? its not an issue of free speech as people still have an account, neither is it about expression as I have proved you can express yourself in so many ways with one.

I'm of to do the Lingfield card for tomorrows racing now. Have fun with all the other nerds.:)

It's no hassle, we know which NSC members have multiple accounts, and can easily merge them if we so wish, but choose not to do so.

I'm quite happy for Easy 10 to adopt his persona as Ernest whenever he chooses to do so, just as his good lady wife is happy for Easy to dress up in her underwear every Thursday night and only answer to the name 'Mabel'.

Good luck with the horses.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You are so sweet really looney with your silly little ideas on things.

"oh no someone called me a 'pedo' (sic) and the nastly little mods didn't do anything" *froth* *beetroot face* etc

:laugh:

Not exactly. Someone made a reference to my personal life(donkeys years ago). It takes one mutton head to think theres some truth in it because it is not "purely internet banter" for trouble to start.

Its important that bozza gets this or it could prove expensive in the future.

The difference is, rightly or wrongly, I totally abstract the internet on forums. Its a different world. Others do not, their is a cross over for many. Thats where real problems can emerge.

Personally I'm not bothered what I am called online. What occurs online stays online. Step into real life and thats when it gets ugly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What will be interesting if the courts finally decide whether a made up internet name actually constitutes a real person or not.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looney - I've had enough of your continual sniping and bizarre incoherent suggestions at conspiracy theories.

From what I can see you add nothing positive to NSC, be it about the Albion or any other subject matter.

Enough is enough - take a year off.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Looney - I've had enough of your continual sniping and bizarre incoherent suggestions at conspiracy theories.

From what I can see you add nothing positive to NSC, be it about the Albion or any other subject matter.

Bozza, back to topic. Clear this up for the rest of us please. Is obscene language allowed in the thread title, yes or no?

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
Lately there have been postings on NSC with titles that could get some of us into serious difficulties if the Big Board is left on our screens. I can access NSC at work but I suspect that will change if the powers-that-be see thread titles about smelly fannies etc.

It seems to me that some of the users on here have no respect for fellow users. Today's thread by Munkfish is an obvious example. I'm told there used to be some understanding about what thread titles could contain (ie certain words etc would not be used). Now though, some of our less mature members don't seem to give a hoot about what they put on here.

So what are the mods doing about it? Don't give me that guff about having to report it - we are talking thread TITLES here, not content of threads, although in today's case I reckon the whole thread should go as I can't think of any way to word the title without it being obvious what it is.

I really want to be able to use NSC at work, but I won't if this continues. Please have some respect for those of us in that situation.
As someone who objects strongly to a thread about smelly fannies, Do you think that the thread you yourself posted on 07/12/2009 entitled CHISTMAS SONGS ABOUT TAMPONS would fall into the same catergory.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What is to stop Looney creating a new account? I suppose we can track IPs or something?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's no hassle, we know which NSC members have multiple accounts, and can easily merge them if we so wish, but choose not to do so.

I'm quite happy for Easy 10 to adopt his persona as Ernest whenever he chooses to do so, just as his good lady wife is happy for Easy to dress up in her underwear every Thursday night and only answer to the name 'Mabel'.

Good luck with the horses.

Tinker.
I could only DREAM of aspiring to Ernests unique literary prose on here.

How did you know about my 'special Thursdays' though ? For the record, I only do that during Question Time, as it makes me feel extra dirty when I can hear David Dimbleby in the room.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tinker.
I could only DREAM of aspiring to Ernests unique literary prose on here.

How did you know about my 'special Thursdays' though ? For the record, I only do that during Question Time, as it makes me feel extra dirty when I can hear David Dimbleby in the room.

Sir Trevor McDonald does the same for me :thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As far as I know nobody has ever accused Looney of any untoward practices although people have commented on his Scouting activities.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bozza, back to topic. Clear this up for the rest of us please. Is obscene language allowed in the thread title, yes or no?

I don't think it is, but there is that band of words that some people will say are offensive and others will say they're not. I think the thread title that was the course of this thread is in that category.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Also trolling and flaming forums welcome multiple accounts(Apart from competitions where they are banned) as it creates a lot of drama.

Seems to be a similar set up here.

Most other forums ive come across ban them unless there is a specificly defined purpose. This is the difference between having standard rules, and Guidlines which are selectivley interpreted inforced like here.

It will continue to cause aggro till its sorted, maybe not by me(noot on often) but it will.

What's 'trolling'?

Actually don't bother, I don't care... :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here