Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why aren't the mods doing their job?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Also trolling and flaming forums welcome multiple accounts(Apart from competitions where they are banned) as it creates a lot of drama.

Seems to be a similar set up here.

Most other forums ive come across ban them unless there is a specificly defined purpose. This is the difference between having standard rules, and Guidlines which are selectivley interpreted inforced like here.

It will continue to cause aggro till its sorted, maybe not by me(noot on often) but it will.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
for what other purpose would you require more than one account here then?

I'll help you here as I can think of 2 that are narrowly defined. A charity account like REMF or one spoofing palace. These are as rare as hens teeth so hardly a valid defense and stretching it a bit as you could do the former with one accpount and the latter could be seen as trolling.

Can you think of any other valid reason?

Off the top of my head:

Someone forgetting their password and starting a new account

As I believe Bozza did, setting up a non-mod account to look at changes to board settings for a normal account

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Off the top of my head:

Someone forgetting their password and starting a new account

As I believe Bozza did, setting up a non-mod account to look at changes to board settings for a normal account

That's bollocks and you know it. If they "forget" a password then the old account should no longer be used. This is addressing those who have two accounts that are live and in use. Bozza has a valid reason in that he needs to see how changes are viewed from his and the proles point of view. Anyone else can only possibly need a second account to post things that they don't want associated with a first account. If the rule exists then the Mods should enforce it - and not by throwing tantrums at people who are flagging this up. As a Mod, if you know that people have more than one account, then they should be reduced to one account only and serve a ban - as others have done.

The OP on this thread has admitted to having three accounts - I assume that you will now do something about it?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yes the second is a valid reason(a test account), the first doesn't qualify as having 2 active accounts if you cant access one of them.

Just look at me as an ex-burgler that people higher to test their homes security.

They say you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, why are you and others intent on putting your faces near its arse?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
That's bollocks and you know it. If they "forget" a password then the old account should no longer be used. This is addressing those who have two accounts that are live and in use. Bozza has a valid reason in that he needs to see how changes are viewed from his and the proles point of view. Anyone else can only possibly need a second account to post things that they don't want associated with a first account. If the rule exists then the Mods should enforce it - and not by throwing tantrums at people who are flagging this up. As a Mod, if you know that people have more than one account, then they should be reduced to one account only and serve a ban - as others have done.

The OP on this thread has admitted to having three accounts - I assume that you will now do something about it?

NSC doesn't really have rules. As we know who the two (and no doubt third if we could be bothered to look) are they doesn't seem much point merging them anymore.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
if you know that people have more than one account, then they should be reduced to one account only and serve a ban - as others have done.

I don't think there has ever been a ban on having more than one account. The only issue has been where someone has been banned and then returns prior to the ban expiring under a different name.

It's no more 'wrong' (escuse my grammar) than Looney adopting the persona of seething indignation and curtain twitching when on NSC. People who know him tell me he's a splendid chap in real life, but get him near a keyboard and he's like an alcoholic in Oddbins at happy hour.

Are we not in danger of taking NSC a bit too seriously at times, it's only an internet message board, not the BBC Ten O'clock news.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
So now we have guidelines that are open to interpretation? So why do we agree to follow guidelines then - surely we should all just see what we can get away with and hope that the guidelines are interpreted in our favour at the time? And you would rather turn a blind eye to multiple accounts but have a go at Looney for "baiting the mods"? Interesting approach!

I am not against guidelines by the way, I just object to having different applications for different people.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
NSC doesn't really have rules. .

Thats the problem, you selectivley and disproportionatley "interpret" the "guidlines"

As we know who the two (and no doubt third if we could be bothered to look) are they doesn't seem much point merging them anymore.

Maybe no point for you but what about someone whos on the receiving end of one of them when, as is often, there are no mods about?

why not set the "guidlines" on multiple accounts to wether there use has mischivous or malicous intent?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Maybe no point for you but what about someone whos on the receiving end of one of them when, as is often, there are no mods about?

why not set the "guidlines" on multiple accounts to wether there use has mischivous or malicous intent?

The problem is Loonster you are quite happy to call many people on NSC all the names under the sun, but seem very sensitive to when people return the abuse and it is aimed at your Achilles' heel.

People in glasshouses etc....

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The only issue has been where someone has been banned and then returns prior to the ban expiring under a different name.

So wouldn't it make your life easier if account numbers were limited? You seem to be defending my point.

It's no more 'wrong' (escuse my grammar) than Looney adopting the persona of seething indignation and curtain twitching when on NSC. People who know him tell me he's a splendid chap in real life, but get him near a keyboard and he's like an alcoholic in Oddbins at happy hour.

Its not the same thing. We are talking about a lax rule that encourages or allows errant behaviour rather than one person, in your words and perception, adopting multiple personas.

It really would make you mods and bozzas life a lot easier. why dont you get this?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Speaking on behalf of my very good friends bhadebenhams and London Pompous, sometimes a little bit of mischief can be fun, and can be used to lampoon the self righteous. It is rarely if ever malevolent.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Its not the same thing. We are talking about a lax rule that encourages or allows errant behaviour rather than one person, in your words and perception, adopting multiple personas.

It really would make you mods and bozzas life a lot easier. why dont you get this?

It's not a lax rule, as there is no rule in the first place. It's only a message board, it's not real.

As I have said before, I know fellow Albion fans who praise you to the heavens in real life, but you would be outraged if people thought the same of you here on NSC, so why do you adopt a different personality just because you are on the internet?

My life is very easy, but thanks for your concern. :kiss:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The problem is Loonster you are quite happy to call many people on NSC all the names under the sun, but seem very sensitive to when people return the abuse and it is aimed at your Achilles' heel.

People in glasshouses etc....

Its not the same thing and you know it. Making up abstract insults for the purpose of humour is not the same as following someone around the board making repeat claims about their real life affairs.

People have a dig at US, what if people started winding him up about having a crooked business, repeatedly?

I can brush it off and look forward to having monkfish pointed out to me one day, but as has been said people do take online to seriously and IF there are any real life ramifications from this I would pursue legal action. The same as if making digs at Roz went over into digs at her business which started to cost he business.

You do get the distinction here? Its important, youve all f***ed up plenty of times crossing this line. Bozza with the guy who had the pay site being the last.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
People frothing at looney's paranoia over NSC cliques. Too funny.

Just ignore the dopey little munchkin.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It's not a lax rule, as there is no rule in the first place. It's only a message board, it's not real.

As I have said before, I know fellow Albion fans who praise you to the heavens in real life, but you would be outraged if people thought the same of you here on NSC, so why do you adopt a different personality just because you are on the internet?

Call me a pedo to my face repeatedlyband see how charming a person I am.:)

Oh and the personalities are a type of humour, not knowing this or which is the right one adds to the lulz.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here