Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are Manchester United scum?

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Safeway said:
It seems to be quite a popular opinion on here and I wondered why.
cos most of there fans are not from manchester and they only supported them because of sucsess.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Re: Re: Why are Manchester United scum?

Sammy the seagull said:
cos most of there fans are not from manchester and they only supported them because of sucsess.

kennerz getting diplomatic!:lolol: :lolol:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
man u are arrogant northern twats I hate them with almost as much passion as palace. Dont forget they were the main movers behind the home club keeping the gate reciepts rule.If it wasnt for them and !!!!! like them we,& many other smaller clubs would have had vast amounts of money coming in since the change. Also they continually flout the rules with no comeback as they are more important than the game, remember fergies watch? play until we score ref! going off to south america instead of playing in the cup ? the list is endless.Ihope glazer takes them into oblivion & I wouldn't wish that on palace.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Safeway said:
They beat us in the Cup Final, get over it.

Can kind of understand Norman Whiteside, but why the others? Overrated? They're all successful internationals. Hateful? Possibly not very pleasant, but why hate figures for a Brighton fan?

You might not like his approach/attitude, but you can't argue with what he's achieved. And like the players you've mentioned, I'm sure he couldn't care less what you think. (Fair point about Ron.)

For 'Manchester United', see 'Arsenal', 'Chelsea', 'Liverpool', 'Tottenham' etc etc ETC.

What I don't understand is why so many Brighton & Hove Albion fans have such a problem with Manchester United. It just doesn't follow.

The whole country has a problem with ManU, not just Brighton fans. They've been the most hated team in the country for years.

I am over 1983, but I reckon that there's a lot of things that came out of it that can justify me hating them.

All of the ManU players I mentioned are overrated. Cantona - didn't do anything in Europe did he? And he didn't play much for France, mostly because he was such an arrogant twat. Ferdinand, what a greedy, self-important git he is. The sooner that Sven realises he's not even the 3rd best central defender in the country the better. Gary Neville? Would he have played for England so many times if it wasn't for him being Beckham's mate. It's not that I'm a Brighton fan that I don't like them, it's becasue they're clearly not very nice themselves.

As for Ferguson - he is successful, but being successful isn't in my book a justifcation for being such a truly nasty piece of work. Again, it's easy to not like him, he's not a very nice man.

The suggestion that all other Premiership teams have glory hunters is a bit off the mark, it's obvious that none have the numbers that ManU do.

After all is said and done though, football is hardly ever a place for rationality. Someone has already quite cleverly started a 'why are crystal palace scum?' thread. Would you care to explain why that's such a popular opinion amongst Brighton fans, when (probably) over 50% of posters on this board have only seen us play them a couple of times at most.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Tom Hark said:
I've quite liked ManU for the last couple of years, have to admit, ever since the News Of The World ran a two page article on how shares in that esteemed PLC were cheap as chips at 128 pence. So I bought some. I'd have much rather bought some shares in the Albion, through a Supporters trust, but the offer wasn't there. Twice a year ManU sent me cheques big enough to cover the cost of an Albion match ticket and a Saturday's worth of beers. Once a year they sent me this big glossy annual report which offered much insight into the nuts and bolts of how a club is run. When they sold Beckham to Real Madrid they sent me a hundred quid cheque for no reason at all, so far as I could see. Then they made me sell me shares on to Malcolm Glazer for three quid a throw. Would seem rather churlish to call them scum under the circumstances :lol:

Were you really a ManU shareholder?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't specifically hate Man Utd, I don't like all the armchair, plastic, whatever you wanna call them fans, of all top clubs cus they take the piss out of me for supporting Brighton.

Stumpy Tim

Herne Hill Seagull said:
By scoring, he's already made his point LB. By gesturing to the crowd you're also gesturing to everybody in that section who hasn't made any abusive noise, and, in his case apparently, a section (Gwladys St. end) which contains members of his extended family to this day.

For me, being booed does not give a footballer carte blanche to make gestures at a crowd which could incite the more idiotic among them to kick up something considerably worse than some bad language. Utd have a history of it - remember Beckham at Chelsea? Rooney at Anfield, as well as Everton. Hardly likely to endear them to an already less than adoring public, I think.

Rooney's celebration wasn't bad at all. Considering the crap he got from the "Everton faithful" he was very well behaved. The kid (and he is a kid) was sent death-threats FFS. I like Rooney, and it pisses me off that he gets brought up for anything slightly contraversial. Beckham's regulation celebration of putting his hand to his ear is far worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here