Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are Manchester United scum?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
There are a 1000 reasons 1983, Cantona, Keane, Ferdinand, Fergie etc. But this is my main reason....when a baby is born into your family and you are a die hard Brighton fan you naturally want them to support Brighton. In fact it becomes a dream to be able to take them to games and watch them grow up supporting the team. When this dream is quashed by a team from a shitty part of England just because they won a few trophys it really gets to you. Man Utd destroyed any dreams I had of being able to take my nephew to watch Brighton...for this they will never be forgiven by me. :angry:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
And who remembers when Birthdays in Western Rd had an upstairs devoted to Man United? In the middle of Brighton!!!
i do , sadly...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
DJ Leon said:
Some reasons why I hate Manchester United:

7. Celebrity fans - Angus Deayton, Ulrika Johnson, Zoe Ball, Jimmy Nesbitt. All have 3 things in common - they support Manchester United, they're not from Manchester and they all make me retch.

Sadly that's all I have time for now. Parts 2 through to 80 will come later.

Des Lynam is from Ennis, Ireland; Norman Cook is from Bromley (USED to support Palarse...); Chris Ellison is from Fulham and Mark Williams is from Bromsgrove.

They all support the Albion and none are from Brighton.

Last edited:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Downloaded Penguin said:
Des Lynam is from Ennis, Ireland; Norman Cook is from Bromley (USED to support Palarse...); Chris Ellison is from Fulham and Mark Williams is from Bromsgrove.

They all support the Albion and none are from Brighton.

I don't know where Des lives, but all of the others live in Brighton. And in that sense ARE from Brighton.

I was born in Kent, but have lived in Brighton and so I support Brighton.

The quoted ManU celebrities were not born and do not live in Manchester. I am pretty sure that their only link to Manchester is that they support the football team. Sorry, but I find that just a little odd.

DJ Leon said:
Some reasons why I hate Manchester United:

They beat us in the Cup Final, get over it.

DJ Leon said:
The players - Norman Whiteside, Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Rio Ferdinand, Gary Neville (I could go on) - what a bunch of overrated, hateful tosspots.

Can kind of understand Norman Whiteside, but why the others? Overrated? They're all successful internationals. Hateful? Possibly not very pleasant, but why hate figures for a Brighton fan?

DJ Leon said:
Alex Ferguson - again, a hateful tosspot. A truly nasty little man who took over from Ron Atkinson, a truly nasty big man.

You might not like his approach/attitude, but you can't argue with what he's achieved. And like the players you've mentioned, I'm sure he couldn't care less what you think. (Fair point about Ron.)

DJ Leon said:
Glory hunters - they have the largest amount of 'fans' in the UK living outside of their normal catchment area. At any one time I can go into Brighton and find five kids and adults wearing the strip but who have never been to Manchester. We all know the score here.

For 'Manchester United', see 'Arsenal', 'Chelsea', 'Liverpool', 'Tottenham' etc etc ETC.

What I don't understand is why so many Brighton & Hove Albion fans have such a problem with Manchester United. It just doesn't follow.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Downloaded Penguin said:
Des Lynam is from Ennis, Ireland

Yay! Someone else other than me knows he's not English!

Everyone seems to assume he's English, even though I remember him pointing it out in the last WC coverage that he wasn't.....

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
But as he's lived in England for years, he's now English.

:jester:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's the daytripper coefficent. 98% of their 'fans' have never been to OT, and think because they watch them from their armchairs and have a Phil Neville duvet cover that they are 'proper' supporters.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Norman Whiteside is unpopular because he fouled Chris Ramsey badly in the first 1983 Cup Final. At the time we were 1-0 up and cruising. Ramsey had to go off a few minutes later and Utd. went 2-1 up.

There's more than a few people who feel that had Ramsey been fit and stayed on the game would have ended 1-0 to us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I wonder how Man Utd fans hate Brighton?

:lolol:

You've got to be joking, they don't even know we exist. However, they only know Cardiff because of their appearances at the MilStad.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1. When United were a second rate team in the 80's we had to endure the 'Best team in the country' boasts of their fans.

2. When they were the best team in the country in the 90's we had to endure the 'best team in the world' boasts of their fans.

3. Sycophantic attitude of the medial towards them (especially 5 Live and the tabloids).

4. Unprincipled fans. The way that 99% of them have rolled over in the Glazer saga says it all. The other 1% are true fans and I have plenty of time for them. Support FC United, you know it makes sense.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I hate Man Utd because of their attitude. I cant remember who it was but one pundit said they make good champions but never great champions.

Because they are whinging, dirty bastards. Personified in that thug Roy Keane.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
The Leeds messageboard (Waccoe) always refer to them as the scum.

They are Leeds United's biggest rivals (from the Don Revie days) and there is history (Joe Jordan & Gordon McQueen were poached)

Bradford come a poor second in Leeds fan's eyes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hungry Joe said:
Yep. There were some nasty feckers at the Cup Final too, one of whom tried to nick my hat, the fat !!!!.

I was only 12 at got cut above the left eye by a coin thrown by one of the pricks in the tier below us. My Mum was very concerned about the blood, but I was more pissed off when I had found the coin that it was only a 2p!

I hope the rock hard UTD fan who threw it felt proud of himself. I was completely surrounded by families, so its not as though he was aiming for some mouthy hooligan.

Really don't like them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here