Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are fireworks so expensive???

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Can anyone explain to me why fireworks are so expensive, no change from 100 sheets for about 3-5 minutes worth... :tantrum:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Profiteering, I know someone that has set up a shop selling them during Oct-Dec, and pretty much lives the rest of the year off the proceeds. Just go to a local show and pay a few quid there !!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
once a year,100 quid at that much is it?,2 quid a week,and if friends chip in,how much is a nite downthe pub,40 quid??

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
once a year,100 quid at that much is it?,2 quid a week,and if friends chip in,how much is a nite downthe pub,40 quid??

That's not the issue, what I want to know is how much do they actually cost to make? I bet the mark up is obscene.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fireworks are expensive because basically they are an explosive device.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what I want to know is how much do they actually cost to make?

bugger all. its really cheap basic chemicals made by cheap chinese labour. the high street stuff is indeed obscenly markedup.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Go to Lidls,also if you bought saturdays Daily Express they had a voucher at Sainsburys where if you spent 15 pounds they gave away 30pounds worth of fireworks.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Go to Lidls,also if you bought saturdays Daily Express they had a voucher at Sainsburys where if you spent 15 pounds they gave away 30pounds worth of fireworks.

Thanks mate:thumbsup:

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Go to a bonfire night or firework demonstration.

Often free (or much cheaper than buying fireworks yourself), you see much better and many more fireworks, and you don't have to worry about safety issues (generally).

macky

Dec 28, 2004

well for five minutes worth ?
whatsa night going to cost

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Go to a bonfire night or firework demonstration.

Often free (or much cheaper than buying fireworks yourself), you see much better and many more fireworks, and you don't have to worry about safety issues (generally).

I'd love to but there aren't any that are accessible. There's one at the County Ground but that's horrendously expensive. And Lewes isn't really suitable for young children.

When I was a kid, there used to be a big display down on The Level but that stopped years ago. When I lived in London, there used to be big free displays on many of the open areas but Brighton is sadly lacking in them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'd love to but there aren't any that are accessible. There's one at the County Ground but that's horrendously expensive. And Lewes isn't really suitable for young children.

When I was a kid, there used to be a big display down on The Level but that stopped years ago. When I lived in London, there used to be big free displays on many of the open areas but Brighton is sadly lacking in them.
There's a helluva lot to choose from in Sussex, mostly free. Try Bonfire Night Celebrations. Have done Fletching and Newick so far this year.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's a helluva lot to choose from in Sussex, mostly free. Try Bonfire Night Celebrations. Have done Fletching and Newick so far this year.

Totally inaccessible by public transport though - we'd probably be looking at £70 to £80 there and back by taxi. There are no free or cheap displays in the Brighton area, which is a real shame.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you've got young kids, you'll probably find a primary school in the area that will be doing something. Invariably they are cheap, and not too late.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you've got young kids, you'll probably find a primary school in the area that will be doing something. Invariably they are cheap, and not too late.

Not around here they aren't - although it's a good idea. Mrs Gwylan is one of the governors of the local school and I'll suggest that for next year. We had a Halloween party in the local park last night that was very well attended and it showed how well these local community events work.

Does Tooting still have its big display on the common? I used to got that regularly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here