Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are fireworks so expensive???

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I believe so, but departed from that parish these days. Now in Addlestone, I think we've found a primary school one near Woking which is being used as a birthday party by one of my daughter's friends.

If there is no such possibility near you, I'd have thought that's a winner. £4-5 to get in tops, start it at 6pm on a Friday night.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If there is no such possibility near you, I'd have thought that's a winner. £4-5 to get in tops, start it at 6pm on a Friday night.

Might be too late to do something now but I reckon that could be a good fund-raiser too. I'll check to see if any any primary schools in Brighton aren't too doing anything but I know that ours and the next nearest aren't.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It seems fewer and fewer schools do displays anymore, mainly due to extortinate insurance costs and having an big enough fenced off area at the school to make sure everybody is far enough away. That's without all of the paperwork involved, risk assessments, approval needed etc.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd love to but there aren't any that are accessible. There's one at the County Ground but that's horrendously expensive.

I don't think £10 per adult and £5 for a child for 45 minutes of £10k's worth of fireworks is horrendously expensive ! Also the money goes to charity.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's in the nature for fireworks to explode in all directions with very high velocity and over large distances. So I think it is inevitable. If that's not your thing, then try Katherine Wheels and sparklers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here