Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are Brighton so precious about gay chants?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Bearing in mind you sang about burning down towns at Palace, and have sang about town full of bombers at QPR in the past?

Fans in glass houses...shouldnt throw stones!

I'm not gay but i have slept with a man who is-

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I don't object to "we can see you holding hands". It's tedious but that's all.

I object when a pissed up Millwall fan confronts a father on his way out of the family stand with his six year old son, and demands to know if he's "going to be sharing the boy around his mates later". I object when aggressive Swindon fans walk five yards behind a Dad and two young sons, whispering "AIDS AIDS AIDS".

Still carry on your little fishing trip, and reach your own conclusion that we are just overly sensitive little flowers.
Spot on.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The fact remains-BRIGHTON IS THE ONLY PLACE IN THE WHOLE OF THE UK THAT IS GAY-SO f*** YOU LOT-WE ARE RIGHT TO BE PRECIOUS!!!!! believe that and you will believe anything.

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
Good insight...and answers the post well!

I object when a pissed up Millwall fan confronts a father on his way out of the family stand with his six year old son, and demands to know if he's "going to be sharing the boy around his mates later". I object when aggressive Swindon fans walk five yards behind a Dad and two young sons, whispering "AIDS AIDS AIDS".

Still carry on your little fishing trip, and reach your own conclusion that we are just overly sensitive little flowers.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Ever hear about the silent majority? A few Brighton fans cry about gay chants, a few sing a town full of bombers.Most wish both groups would f*** right off.

Well said Sir - I cringe when a minority of Brighton fans start crying about en-masse homophobic chanting. It's a football match, expect to give and take banter.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
IMO the 'we can see you holding hands' etc, is no big deal. Agree about the vitriolic abuse at individuals on trains etc, no place for that kind of behaviour in today's society. I do have admit though that I think 'one nil to the nancy boys' is quite funny, purely based on the irony of opposing fans chants.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bearing in mind you sang about burning down towns at Palace, and have sang about town full of bombers at QPR in the past?

Fans in glass houses...shouldnt throw stones!

Simple answer, we're not. Heard it hundreds times before and are famous for the ultimate come back.

Technically, they did try and burn the town down in Croydon, but town full of Bombers at QPR - what are on about ?

That hot bed of religious extremism, .... Shepherd Bush ?

Idiot.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What is this precious thing about...precious...something very endearing and valuable............or do you mean precocious...too far advanced for age...acting above ones ability...please clarify....thank you.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

This 1000 times over

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
It's pantomime stuff on he terracing which is all part of the banter, but far more graphical stuff on the trains and in public places when non football fans are around, is not acceptable

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Unfortunately the people who get vexed by it have deep seated sexual problems, they deserve our sympathy. That is why they take it personally because they secretly would like to felch the sex wee out if their best mates derrick before tucking into some Brazilian caviar (their best mates do not know this). If they had a regular girlfriend I think some of the bedwetting would fade away.

The BHA fans who are not repressed (hetro or homo) will just carry on having a pint and laugh with their mates up the pub, they will talk about bangles and baubles and things of fine fayre, today they will cautiously discuss whether to take a Tuesday off in May (just in case).

Its a shame.........let's prey they can find some peace eventually.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
I personally couldn't care less about most homophobic chants... It's banter innit? But then go back 30 odd years and sexism was viewed as 'banter' too, the type of stuff that would simply not be deemed acceptable today. Although the homophobia doesn't bother me, in a few years I hope that it will have almost vanished, like sexism an racism before it, showing that our society and football in particular can modernise and become tolerant.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Ever since this stupid law has come in we have a band of fans who jump on the bandwagon,90% of our fans just laugh at it as thats what it is just a laugh:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here