Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHU 'in the home end thread'

Citrus in Sheffield

Sep 16, 2005
S10
butchy said:
master curtis why do you not think you'll get a ticket? have you been silly and sent off you're aplication late? or is the yorkshire postal service still behind lancashire:p

Sent my application off the day the details were announced! Looks like I'm going to have to place my blame on the Yorkshiremen.
Got yours?

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Citrus in Sheffield said:
Doctor Martens Stand it will be then, still a faint glimmer of hope I might get tickets yet though.

Cheers, Jev.

Citrus, me and a couple of mates will be going in the Dr Martens Lower, North Wing - next to the away end. As Jev says, keep yourself to yourself and all will be ok.

Its easy saying that now, imagine controlling yourself when Little Jake scores a winner in the 93rd min!!!

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Sent my application off the day the details were announced! Looks like I'm going to have to place my blame on the Yorkshiremen.
Got yours?

havent got mine yet, if you sent them off the day you should be fine shouldnt you...dont get your knickers in a twist

Citrus in Sheffield

Sep 16, 2005
S10
butchy said:
havent got mine yet, if you sent them off the day you should be fine shouldnt you...dont get your knickers in a twist

The wedgie rises by the day. :kiss:

You going to Bristol? Might jump a lift with Meade.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ian Bairds Fist said:
Citrus, me and a couple of mates will be going in the Dr Martens Lower, North Wing - next to the away end. As Jev says, keep yourself to yourself and all will be ok.

Its easy saying that now, imagine controlling yourself when Little Jake scores a winner in the 93rd min!!!

Last time we played there I was at that end of the Doc Martens stand, but in the upper tier. When we scored, I let out a bit of a yelp, but got away with it. It kicked off in a few places in the lower tier.

At the end of the game, I got a tap on the shoulder, and a friendly voice said "I bet you wish you were over there" pointing at the away end celebrating.

It's certainly not as scary going in the wrong end now as it was in the 70's, when I remember standing on the shelf at Spurs, and one of my mates shouting out "Go on Paul Clark!". Survived by the skin of our teeth that day.

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
I was in the home end the last time we went up, my family are all Wet Sham so I thought I'd go for it and I wouldn't get rumbled cos I was sitting with two men head to toe in claret and blue. I didn't join in with any of their songs to be honest, I couldn't bring myself to and then when Butters scored I got a sharp nudge in the side from my brother and managed to just about hold back the adrenaline and actually look rather disappointed! Which was just as well cos we were in the DM corner just along from the Albion fans and a few of our lot celebrated in my block and were promptly chased out of the ground by some angry cockneys. You'll be fine if you keep quiet, I wouldn't advise it if you even slightly suspect you will celebrate should we score.

But still, I'm clinging on to the remainder of hope I have left of getting an away ticket because it was nowhere near as enjoyable in the home end.

So what is actually the score at the moment regarding tickets? Has anyone actually recieved their tickets yet? Just wondering because I'll have to get mine in with the home fans soon if I was unsuccessful. Cheers.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
The wedgie rises by the day. :kiss:

You going to Bristol? Might jump a lift with Meade.

yeah thinking of getting a lift to bristol off someone should the oppertunity arise...going back up north the next day though.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
blueandwhitearmy said:
So what is actually the score at the moment regarding tickets? Has anyone actually recieved their tickets yet? Just wondering because I'll have to get mine in with the home fans soon if I was unsuccessful. Cheers.

They took the money out of my bank on the 16th but I hav'nt recieved my ticket yet, I'm not sure when their sending them out.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Barrel of Fun said:

We should have a half time meet up! :D
And then TAKE their end at the start of the second half.:clap2: :clap2:

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
I don't mean to sound like Victor Meldrew, but what is the God honest point in sitting in the other fans' end? To me there's no point - you can't sing, cheer, clap or anything (especially at Upton Park!).

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Scotty Mac said:
last time i was in the big main stand, in the upper tier

loved it - especially joining in with homophobic chanting, booing the team as it was announced, a chorus of pardew out and booing off west ham at the end

unfortunately my friend had to punch me when the albion scored so as to stop any celebrations

i went to Palace v Coventry this season, and whilst on Norwood Junction station i happily joined in the we hate Brighton and Millwall songs :)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
UPDATE:

Just been on the WHU website and the tickets are on general sale and you can buy upto 15 per person so if there are enough people wanting to sit in the home end then would this be a good idea or are we asking for trouble?

Obviously we'd all have to keep schtum about being brighton fans etc...

steve-c

:drink: me and the bro getting tickets for the home end , could be a laugh, why didntwe get allocated enough tickets ,
most sung song of the day ........... there's brighton there .... there's brighton there.........there's brighton there.....so on

:albion: :bowdown: :bowdown: :albion:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
steve-c said:
:drink: me and the bro getting tickets for the home end , could be a laugh, why didntwe get allocated enough tickets ,
most sung song of the day ........... there's brighton there .... there's brighton there.........there's brighton there.....so on

:albion: :bowdown: :bowdown: :albion:

I think im gunna get a ticket for the Dr Martins satnd on the left hand sind of the ground, its near the Albion fans and aparently its the least likley place your gunna get your head kicked in!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

If you have tickets in the away end, or can't be arsed reading another one of 'these threads', don't read it. Problem solved.

xx

Well thats a bit pointless isn't it?

You should have put that at the beginning of the post as by the time I'd read it it was too late. Now I can't go back. Thoughtless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here