Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whould you applaud Roonet if he scored the winning world cup goal?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
I remember at the beginning of last season Barcelona were playing away from home and when Iniesta was subbed, the whole ground applauded him (due to him scoring the winning goal in the World Cup Final). Just wondering, do you think the same would happen for players like Rooney who are disliked for various reasons? Or would they still get booed?

EDIT: The thread title should say 'Rooney' not 'Ronnet' :facepalm:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
who is roonet? is he the future of english football?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Whell I think whould. Wy whouldn't I? Ok, Roonet's a bit of a whanker, but this is the Whorld Cup we're talking about!

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I applauded Rooney when he got his two goals on Friday so I would think so!!

Rooney is a professional footballer to me, I have no interest what he or any of the other players get up to when they are not playing.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I whould let my gran suck Roonet's unit if he scored the winning goal in the world cup.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
why wouldnt we unless you wasnt english ???

He, and players like Ashley Cole, John Terry, get booed every time they play away. The point I was making was the first game of the season after the world cup, Machester United are playing away to Liverpool, lets say. Would the Liverpool fans continue to boo him, or give him a few claps?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
He, and players like Ashley Cole, John Terry, get booed every time they play away. The point I was making was the first game of the season after the world cup, Machester United are playing away to Liverpool, lets say. Would the Liverpool fans continue to boo him, or give him a few claps?

hmm i see your point but im guessing, you would want to clap him he would be a national hero in some ways, probs get the odd person not

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I would clap Scott McGleish if he scored the goal that won us the World Cup! (Not that it could ever happen but you get my point.)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

It would be interesting to see, as fans of the big clubs are often in the "I don't give a shit about Internationals", but I think they tend to be the ones who have latched onto a big club in the first place because it's all about success, so would they suddenly latch onto England if we had success and won a World Cup?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would gladly let Rooney have the pick of my mum and grandmothers (who are dead) if he sunk the winning goal and brought that golden nugget back to these fine lands.

Very bizarre question/thread

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
I would gladly let Rooney have the pick of my mum and grandmothers (who are dead) if he sunk the winning goal and brought that golden nugget back to these fine lands.

Very bizarre question/thread

It is a bit random, yes, but it made me think when I remembered back to Iniesta getting applauded at Getafe or some team like that. The thing that makes it bizarre is my spelling of 'Roonet' and 'Whould'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here