Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whould you applaud Roonet if he scored the winning world cup goal?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
He, and players like Ashley Cole, John Terry, get booed every time they play away. The point I was making was the first game of the season after the world cup, Machester United are playing away to Liverpool, lets say. Would the Liverpool fans continue to boo him, or give him a few claps?

Hmmmmmm me thinks you believe what is written in the paper too much! The day trippers at Wembley might boo them a week or two after they've shagged about but the real England fans have nothing but support for the players you mention above.

To answer your question, no of course Liverpool wouldn't clap Rooney. Turning that question on it's head would you applaud Murray if he'd scored the winning goal the world cup final and was still playing for Palace?? No neither would I!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I would stick velcro to my forhead in homage.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I would stick velcro to my forhead in homage.

i'd wear one of these!

hair-toupee-visor.jpg

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It'll never happen anyway

Certainly not in my lifetime. Whilst I think WR is an intellectual muppet, as his best, he is a delightfully skillful player.

*Note: Intellectual muppetism is not directed at WR alone, and not necessarily his fault. The early life of professional footballer is not usually particularly compatible with achievement in an edcucational environment. However, it must be said the he is about as thick as a rather dim amoeba who's just been excluded from the amoeba school for the lesser abled single cell organisms.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
No, everyone would boo him off despite winning the world cup for England...

:facepalm:

What I mean is: If Man Utd were playing Brighton today, I'm sure lots of people would boo Wayne Rooney. My question is, If Man Utd came to the Amex after a world cup triumph, would people still boo him?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Boils down to the club v country arguement. Personally I take Rooney for what he is and would cheer him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here