Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whose got the Withdean Blues ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Following on from an earlier thread , I really think I am starting to suffer from " The Withdean Blues ".

The whole experience of travelling to the Withdean is becoming more and more of a duty than a pleasure especially this season.

With heavy rain and gales forecast for tomorrow night maybe its my age ! but the thought of staying indoors with a nice glass of whisky watching Eastenders is holding more and more appeal.

I think with age you get less and less tolerant of putting up with sitting for 2-3 hours in the sheeting rain with a bin bag liner over your legs. Oh for the comfort and facilites of a stadium like Plymouth, similar type of club to ours.

We need this positive decision on Falmer URGENTLY as I sence I am not the only one coming towards the end of his/her tether with watching our hero's playing on a upgraded school football pitch in an old athletics stadium with no facilities or roof !. I fear we could get a gate below 5000 tomorrow.

The team has surpassed itself over the lst 5 years but so have the fans with putting up with this sh*t for 5 years and we deserve a badge of honour.

I dread to think what would happen if Falmer was rejected, 5 years of frustration would be unleashed.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes, it looks like rain but as I have invested in some BHA waterproofs and a gortex BHA liner I was snug as a bug against Wrexham.

Keep the faith !

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Gareth Glover said:
The whole experience of travelling to the Withdean is becoming more and more of a duty than a pleasure especially this season.
Exactly how i've been feeling for a while as sad as it is to say...

I'd never missed a game at Withdean until Wrexham, ok i wasn't feeling too well in the morning but i doubt i would have gone anyway even if i was feeling ok...

Still debating Friday night...

Sad but true.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Re: Re: Whose got the Withdean Blues ?

Trigger said:
Exactly how i've been feeling for a while as sad as it is to say...

I'd never missed a game at Withdean until Wrexham, ok i wasn't feeling too well in the morning but i doubt i would have gone anyway even if i was feeling ok...

Still debating Friday night...

Sad but true.

You must come Friday, well to the Duke at least, :drink:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can't say I blame anyone for avoiding the games as mentioned above.

I for one will be there, I'll only miss a game through serious illness or being on holiday.

If Falmer gets rejected I can see the future being very bleak, we could end up down the 3rd div with little or no hope of progress.

The question is, where would we play, The Withdean has a limited planning permission for us.

I will still be going, but I don't know where I'll be going.

Having said that, if Falmer is rejected there has to be some serious questions asked. DK and his organisation have invested millions and to take that away would surely amount to an illegal act in itself.

I've always like Mr Prescott, he stands up for what he beleives in, I trust and hope he realises that Brighton needs a football club, a stadium and nothing should stop that. His beloved Hull has those things and he must recognise the benefits of that to his own area.

He will say YES TO FALMER.

R2D2

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Gotta agree with marshy here, very sad if a bit of rain puts you off and you would rather watch eastfuckingenders :nono:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Marshy said:
I cant believe what Im reading......you should be ashamed of yourselves.

My sentiments, but think about the older generation, 50+, no offence intended but there are those who would find sitting at Withdean in the rain more uncomfortable then you or I

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have totally fecked off with sitting in the rain for 5 years with no facilities or roof !. Thats why we need Falmer NOW. My Eastenders comment was a little joke. Sorry you didn;t get it.

I have been there all 5 seasons at Withdean and will continue to do so.

SAD , FECK OFF

R2D2

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We will get Falmer, but untill we do, we have to put up with what we got. I have also been there for the past 5 seasons but I will not let a rainy night put me off going.

I know your eastenders comment was a joke, I thought you would of said that you would rather stay in and crack one off listening to Will Young :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Superphil said:
My sentiments, but think about the older generation, 50+, no offence intended but there are those who would find sitting at Withdean in the rain more uncomfortable then you or I

Well this 55 year old would give her eye teeth to be there tomorrow night but finishing at 3.30 means I can't get down the motorway in time. :rolleyes:

Never mind - Emily's Mum & I are going to meet up and have a Yorkshire DAFT Bints convention instead.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i agree with getting annoyed with the "dean" however certain people seem to be intent on ruining any chance of falmer with there hooligan behaviour see the other thread on qpr game.

its a digrace if any one from falmer saw that and sent it to two jags what do you think his reaction would be?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'll still be there, even though I'm losing interest fast.

I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years, but I might just take my new portable DVD player if the game gets boring.

Which film could I take with me ?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I think the problem is that many people think that its to hard to get a ticket so don't bother applying

If it weren't for the fact I'm a season ticket holder, I'd probably think twice about going tomorrow. It seems to be tradition that when we have these Friday night games prior to Christmas, it pisses down. Remember Leicester last year? The worst was Rochdale four seasons ago. Combination of driving rain and gale force winds. Nice!...:nono:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm not a season ticket holder and applyed for tickets, just don't know what to do without a football weekend! have to be at the game its not the same listen to the radio, yeah it might piss down but it adds to the experiance (if that makes sense) smelling all the hot dogs (even if they don't taste nice)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Keep the faith everyone - whatever the weather / situation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here