Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whose got the best autographs?

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
I have an autograph of Enid Blyton. There is a picture of her about the size of a business card. Alongside it she has written,
" To ww, Best Wishes Enid Blyton." I also have her hand written envelope that it came in, with a clear 1953 Beaconsfield postmark alongside the postage stamp.

Could it be worth anything?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
eastlondonseagull said:
Pardon the ignorance, but what's a Transatlantic match race???

Ah, yes. It was motorcycle road-racing. Over the Easter weekend, the best of the Americans would race against the best of the Europeans. Used to be Brands Hatch, Mallory Park & Oulton Park but switched to Donnington Park in the late 80's. Not sure if the event still runs anymore.

I have a copy of "The Miners Strike 1984-85" signed by Arthur Scargill.

And "Where the Wind Blows" with a personal message from Raymond Briggs.

The young Bracknells have left their much thumbed copy of "Father Christmas Goes on Holiday", also signed by Raymond Briggs, lying around Bracknell Towers.

The Raymond Briggs books came from a school fete where the great man did a fund-raising book signing session. I overheard a couple of excited parents talking to each other about this ...

"... 'ere, they've got that Ronnie Biggs over there, signing books"

:lolol:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Pah, I beat the lot of ya, I've got Teddy Maybanks! :jester:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Shropshire Seagull said:
Barry Sheene, Kenny Roberts and Mick Grant (plus most of the others from the 1977 Transatlantic match races) on a plaster cast.

Now that brings back memories of Brands Hatch. The likes of Steve Baker and Rocket Ron Haslam, a mad thrash down Death Hill on the way home. Great days.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Dougie Small, New Faces Champion 1987 :thumbsup:

Stumpy Tim

I also have a painting of England Vs South Afirca at Centurion during the One Day cricket series a few years ago (when Adams played & Vaughan made his debut). The whole team then signed it.

Can't compete with Dougie Small though

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Jazzy Jeff
Grandmaster Flash
Afrika Bambaataa
Gza & Masta Killa from Wu-Tang Clan
Kid Koala
Georgi Kinkladze

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
being a top chef in my youth,i have worked in the bestest restaurants i have so many chef hats signed,but i have several royal autographs,loads of music ones,from tina turner,to bob geldolph,to elton john,i have a few sportstars ones aswell,michael jordan,georgie best:p

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Went to the Oval Test vs West Indies not last summer but the time they cam before that, about 2000 it would have been I think.

We wore Sombreros and on mine I've got...

Michael Vaughan, Ashley Giles, Graham Thorpe, Devon Malclom (I think he must have been commetating), Darren Gough, Courtney Walsh, Curtley Ambrose, Carl Hooper and last but not least, Sir Vivian Richards.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Lord Bracknell said:

And "Where the Wind Blows" with a personal message from Raymond Briggs.
:

That being the follow up to 'When The Wind Blows?' :D

Unless the nuclear fallout was actually someone farting?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've got a Renault credit-card sized security pass that you wear round your neck, signed by Giancarlo Fisichella and Fernando Alonso. Got it a couple of years ago when I went to a testing day at Silverstone.

Might be worth something soon, the way those fellas are going this season.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Used to have Kit Napier and all the Albion heroes of circa 1967-72, but no idea what became of them ....

Now happy with a signed photo of Bob Dylan, some signed letters from Michelle Shocked and two signed Iain Matthews and Steve Harley CDs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here