Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's Next to Sign..............?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
WHO NOT NEXT

My understanding that we were notified by Birmingham City of the availability of a number of players including Marlon King but that we have not responded.

Given his rumoured salary is somewhere north of £25K a week this may not come as a surprise ???

We were not nterested in £70K a week Nicola Zigic either.

Meanwhile in other news

Aston Villa are closing in on the signing of Feyenoord midfielder Karim El Amhadi which, although not like-for-like, might push Gary Gardner down the pecking order...........?

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Millwall keen to keep Henderson and no bids recieved so far............

Jackett out to keep Henderson | Sky Sports

That will cheer a few up on here. If Gus is right and he has his signings sorted or nearly so, then assume Hendo isn't on his list of prime targets

News just in from Columbia: "Bolton, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wed., Barnsley, Notts County e Hull estão atrás do goleiro colombiano David González, que deixou o Brighton"

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Millwall keen to keep Henderson and no bids recieved so far............

Jackett out to keep Henderson | Sky Sports

That will cheer a few up on here. If Gus is right and he has his signings sorted or nearly so, then assume Hendo isn't on his list of prime targets

Gus did say he's got top targets and then secondary if they don't come off. I wouldnt be suprised if Henderson has been sounded out as someone in the secondary targets bunch if a top striker target doesnt come through

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Remembering that Gus said he planned TWO minders for Vicente can we still expect another Spaniard who might have had experience playing with the great man?

I think so and I know who my money is going on.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
froml-valencia-s-playersfrench-defender-jeremy-mathieu-defender-marius-stankevicius-midfielder-vicente-rodriguez-and-defender-bruno-saltor-celebrate-their-victory-at-the-end-of-the-spanish-league-football-match-real-sociedad-vs-valencia-cf-on-december-rf_102406.jpg

According to this photo, if you read it from right to left, the next signing will be Marius Stankevicius followed by Jeremy Mathieu...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Who is your cash on? Suarez?

I think we would be crazy not to be interested in Suarez if he isn't committed to earning his pension in China and it is that type of player that Gus means when he talks about the possibility of someone you can't say no to becoming available.

But I think if I had to put money on the type of player we are likely to have targetted it would be Javier Guerra at Valladolid. He was a prolific scorer with the Mestalla B team when Vicente was there and was around the fringes of the first team without breaking through. Vicente would certainly be very aware of him (not everyone can be his best friend),He has played around 160 senior games mainly in the Segunda Liga and has a strike rate better than 1 in 3.

If I can find a bookie to take a tenner off me I reckon I might get decent odds and if he's never heard of again I will have had a laugh rather than worrying myself silly that a done deal is somehow going to blow up in our faces

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
It won't be Michael Owen by the looks of it.........................off to Dubai

Sooooo shocked and disappointed when so many people had him nailed on. Maybe the disappointment over Vicente was a factor?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Watching the legends tournament from the summer on ESPN. They report that Gus spoke to Deon Burton whilst there about him returning to play in England. Looks very quick and tidy feet but up against some fat bastards would have helped.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
One in tomorrow apparently. Sorry if already mentioned or if it's bollocks! Heard a German is on the radar too so could be one and the same!

seagullfromamex

Apr 6, 2012
I have a good source, here is the name I got:
Gordon Schildenfeld.

Not 30-some, made easy job of Torres, Giovinco and Fabregas on Euro, best Croayian defender on Euro. Would be GREAT signing indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here