Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's hoping Arsenal screw up now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not me as I don't find them as arrogant and irritating as that Manchester mob.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Definitely not. Because as we all know, Henry, Edu, Vieira, Lehmann, Kanu, Toure, Bergkamp and Ljundberg are playing for English pride, unlike that nasty Salford lot. They are so different in every way.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
2 English players. Disgraceful.

That's the price you pay if you want to see quality footballers in England

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'm not really fussed if Arsenal screw up or not, all my eggs are firmly in the Deportivo basket.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
Definitely not. Because as we all know, Henry, Edu, Vieira, Lehmann, Kanu, Toure, Bergkamp and Ljundberg are playing for English pride, unlike that nasty Salford lot. They are so different in every way.

Unlike most I don't see any Premiership teams as representing me or England. Rather see Deportivo win than anybody

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I quite like Arsenal. I absolutely loathe Man U. marvellous scenes last night. As they say in Oporto, Get it right up ye's. Pleased for Depor as well, beating the Italian version of Man U

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Would be nice to see a London team finally win the biggest prize in Europe. Amazed it hasn't happened before!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Good old Arsenal... :)

Come on - Champions League, Premiership and FA Cup !!

ManUre empty handed and rather deflated :lolol:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Im not too bothered about Arsenal, like to see them do well. Glad man u are out as Ferguson is an arrogant twat, so are most of their players and their fans. Actually no, the players to me are ok. At leaset G Nev said last night that Porto deserved it and that they had done it to enough teams in the past.
I would love to see Chelsea win it. At first I wanted them to fail misserabley, for buying the team. However, Ranieri has bought good englsih players such as *cough* Cole, Bridge, Parker to go with the likes of Terry and Lampard. Players which will aid our national team. Ranieri also never blames the ref or the fact the shirts were the wrong colour, he is a joy to listen to. I will be happy for Arsenal as I think the players and Wenger deserve it but will be more pleased if Chelsea do it.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Arsenal for the treble!

You would think he has enough on his plate that the plight of an impoverished Second Division team would not be much of a distraction. Last week Wenger did, however, take time out to write a detailed, personal letter to John Prescott in support of Brighton & Hove Albion's desperate bid for planning consent for a new stadium. It's a very worthy cause, as without it they will wither. Wenger's words were heartfelt: 'As a community club for over 100 years they are an example of what is good about English football, and I believe that this important club on the South Coast deserves the chance to play in first-class facilities to ensure its survival.'

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,1148403,00.html

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Agree with Nelson about Chelski. I know they are buying everyone they can but bringing through players like Parker, LAMPARD, Terry, Johnsen, Cole and such is great for our game.

Where are all those who were bleating on about Parker ruining his career by going to Chelsea, starting every gane isn't he?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I like Aresenal and would rather see them take the glory than any of the other so called big 5 clubs in England.

They seem to do things the right way in my opinion and you never really get Gooners fans larging it or acting like knobheads because their team is the best.

Nothing to do with the fact they are English but I would like to see them win the Champs league.

larus

I'm not a fan of Arsenal, Utd or Chelsea, but it's good to see English clubs doing well in Europe.

Arsenal are very entertaining to watch at the moment, Henry/Pires are just utter class.

Chelsea have bought good English players as well which can only help the national team.

Man Utd (as much as I dislike them), I have a reluctant admiration for their youth system. They have brought quite a few good players through the ranks, and I repsect them for that. Yes, they do buy, but not the whole team.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Had an interesting chat with a Chelsea season ticket holder on the way back from Stockport (he'd been to watch them against city that day) He reckons as they papers have said, that the squad will be trimmed down in the summer a fair bit. I hope they keep Ranieri in the job for at least next season besides the point that I dont think Sven would do any better. There was a really good write up in the Mail on Sunday re Romans millions or billions should I say and the other 299 richest people in the country. He seems to have interest and stakes in many things so is obviously a clever businessman. I would therefore have thought that he understands results arnt always instant and that the manager should be given time. However, he best signing could prove not to be Parker Or Crespo, but Peter Kenyan.

I also forgot to add Englands future right back, Glen Johnson!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I don't have a problem with Arsenal, although I do have with Man U and Chelsea - particularly their arrogant fans, although I do quite like Ranieri. I find it difficult to understand, however, why people latch onto a team from another country unless they have any ties. I have nothing against Deportivo but can't say I'd ever call myself a fan of a club with which I have no link. Having said that, I would probably favour them over any other clubs left in the CL, except for Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here