Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's hoping Arsenal screw up now?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd like to see Arsenal do well. They are a very entertaining, fast, attacking side. They play good football and get the right results. They have earned and deserve the success that they are currently achieving. I would also like to see a team from southern England win the Champions League/European Cup for once.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With Arsenal, the notion that they're an 'English' side in Europe is opposite from the reality. Chelsea are now the team that flys the flag as far as England are concerned, so from that point of view I hope they do well.

I also prefer the charismatic Ranieri to the dour Wenger.

I personally hate Arsenal, but if they win it will be good for the English Premiership and our standing viz a viz La Liga and Serie A.

However, if either team do win it will only encourage more foreign mercenaries to come here, crowding out homegrown players from top level football.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does she wear the Arsenal shirt in the sack Jock if they win? And if so, do you swap ends at half time :ohmy:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
chez said:
Want to see an Arsenal Vs Real Madrid final. Would still back Arsenal but wouldnt be too upset if they lost.

Noooooooo Arsenal v Deportivo for me. Probably be a classic

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm totally nonplussed. Arsenal have a good side but they're not my team and not awash with English talent. If they win it, well done. If not so what?

I'd like to see Chelski do well as there is some serious future English talent on parade there! Ranieri is also good value!! Doesn't make excuses for poor performances.

For me though football in Europe is not worth what it used to be. There are just too many teams in there! Fulham were in Europe FFS!

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I have all bases covered with united, arsenal and chelsea in europe.
If they win, I am pleased because they are representing the english league.
If they lose, I am pleased because it upsets their plastic fans.
Either way, I am happy!!

Incidentally, I actually find Brighton based Arsenal and Chelsea fans SLIGHTLY more annoying than their man utd counterparts because they often claim their team to be 'local', to which I usually say, 'well why don't you support Brentford then?!'

Dandyman

In London village.
Nayim from the half way line is one of my all time favourite football moments. I can only wish doom and dismay on the Woolwich Nomads and all their works.

:salute:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have to admit, they've won me over. I've never liked Arsenal, and of that little 'rivalry' with Spurs - and what must hurt for Spurs fans is that it isn't any more - I've always preferred the White Hart Lane crowd. But how can you knock it? They're playing sensational football, and I would tune in to watch them.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I saw my first 4 League games at Highbury before I started glory-hunting and switched to the Albion.
For me it was the same, but at Spurs. I can't bring myself to like Arsenal in any way (though I like Liam Brady, of course).

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I want arsenal to beat man united in the fa cup as it be really funny to say to all my man u work mates that brighton and arsenal have been to cardiff this season, and they haven't!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
i like venger now:
'As a community club for over 100 years they are an example of what is good about English football, and I believe that this important club on the South Coast deserves the chance to play in first-class facilities to ensure its survival.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here