Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's gonna get the boot first? Azure or Piglets Pantry?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In the world of corporate pie-wars, I reckon Azure will tell the club they can't work with a small, local supplier and PP will get ditched in favour of a national brand.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hope not. Best pies in football - real filling mmmmm

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Could do with increasing the volumes. Christmas pie had sold out at 2:15 in the Northstand (west end) bar

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sadly the pies rarely fail to disappoint. Looked forward the Christmas pie, but only found one piece of Turkey skulking under a thick edge of stuffing with the sauce on top. I think they may only need a bit of seasoning, but all the pies lack either flavour, meat or both (let them off the veggie though).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It'll be what is happening in every town in the country, the big company destroying the small - maybe there its there motivation

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Piglets Pantry tweeted last night that they are looking for additional staff (full and part time) so it looks to me as if they are expanding to match the demand.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Surely it's Azure that decides how many pies to order? The owner of PP was on the radio the other day saying everything was going great so I assume that they are meeting the demand....sort it out Azure

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sadly the pies rarely fail to disappoint. All the pies lack either flavour, meat or both (let them off the veggie though).

Are you quite sure you are at the same place as just about everyone I know who has commented on the pies????? They are the dogs mate, better than any I have tasted anywhere around the grounds of this fair land,..... so get a grip and stop moaning.

The Club can't stop telling all the movers and shakers who will listen that a big part of the success of the stadium is the boost it has given to the local economy. Piglets Pantry is headlining that story.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i can recommend a suitable replacement company.

Anyone tried a pie from the real pie company?

Home page

proper full pies full of meat, Massive chunks too.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Every pie that I've had at the Amex has been superb.

Thread closed.

Although I agree that the pies are good....

Every pie (bar one) I have asked for at The Amex has been wrong. I've been given steak instead of chicken, chicken instead of steak, steak instead of balti, and horror of horrors, vege instead of steak.

Thread re-opened.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Perhaps they just don't care that a couple of spods on the internet are crying because the nasty man wiv the pies had been mean and sold them to all the people that were sensible enough to start queuing earlier. I know you think that everyone at the amex should love you because you are proper fans who go on here and discuss pies and toilet facilities but they don't. Couldn't give a f***.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Every pie (bar one) I have asked for at The Amex has been wrong. I've been given steak instead of chicken, chicken instead of steak, steak instead of balti, and horror of horrors, vege instead of steak.

Thread re-opened.

Issues with the staff and Azure. Cannot blame PP for this.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Perhaps they just don't care that a couple of spods on the internet are crying because the nasty man wiv the pies had been mean and sold them to all the people that were sensible enough to start queuing earlier. I know you think that everyone at the amex should love you because you are proper fans who go on here and discuss pies and toilet facilities but they don't. Couldn't give a f***.

Ha ha, what time is early enough though? I have been there it 2:15 and 1:45 and pies have run out at certain locations. That's a bit poor by any businesses standards.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It would appear nobody has ever heard of quality over quantity !!!! Personally I haven't had an issue getting a pie nor with the quality. It would be a dark day kicking out PP over some mass produced shit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Thread re-opened.

That would be the fault of the sever - employed by Azure NOT PP !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here