Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's going to SPONSOR us next year?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
shirt sponsorship doesnt work any way - on the basis that noone can name all 20 premiership sponsors off the top of their head, and they got more exposure than anyone on the planet

It's more to do with brand awareness- name recognition- than making you want to go and buy someone's product.

I bet a lot of people on here had never heard of AIG until they sponsored Man United, and even if you don't know what they do, you'll still be aware of the brand.

It might not necessarily make you want to go and buy their products, which may be something that isn't a mass market thing anyway, but what their marketing boffins are interested in is whether you recognise the name when you hear it.

You probably hadn't heard of Boylesports, CDWS or OKI before they sponsored Premier League clubs, and while you may not be able to reel off a list of Premier League sponsors off the top of your head, now I've said the names, you probably know which clubs these three chuck money at.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It would be, it was quite strange to see coverage of the Manchester derby with the old strips minus any sponsor, I thought that it looked pretty good. You are right though, we do need the revenue that sponsorship brings, it is hard to see anyone turning out without some sort of branding on their shirt...even if it is a pizza parlour!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
it is hard to see anyone turning out without some sort of branding on their shirt...even if it is a massage parlour!

??? :p

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
i know skint made/make lots of money from multi-million selling fatboy slim albums, but apart from that they rarely make many waves on the dance music scene these days (seems they lost out on Justice even though Damian Harris is best freinds with Ed Banger head Honcho Pedro Winter) ...

a 2 season deal must cost 300k at least - not sure they would be able to justify that anymore, unless norm is putting some money in.

I just hope it's a good company, not someone unheard of like GAC logistics.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
This might explain why all the shirts are half price including the yellow shirt which has another year to run.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The yellow shirt doesn't have another year to run. One year only for that shirt.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Should be sponsered by The Big Issue, enough of those f***ing layabouts on the take in Brighton. Time they gave something back.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's more to do with brand awareness- name recognition- than making you want to go and buy someone's product.

I bet a lot of people on here had never heard of AIG until they sponsored Man United, and even if you don't know what they do, you'll still be aware of the brand.

It might not necessarily make you want to go and buy their products, which may be something that isn't a mass market thing anyway, but what their marketing boffins are interested in is whether you recognise the name when you hear it.

You probably hadn't heard of Boylesports, CDWS or OKI before they sponsored Premier League clubs, and while you may not be able to reel off a list of Premier League sponsors off the top of your head, now I've said the names, you probably know which clubs these three chuck money at.

I agree with you on AIG. I'd never heard of them before their involvement with the Northern Scum, despite being based down here in Brighton. However, I have no idea who Boylesports or CDWS are, or who they sponsor.

Losing Skint though would be a crushing blow. I genuninely cannot imagine a better sponsor.

If they did pull out but Norm still wanted to be involved perhaps Southern Fried Records would put their name on our shirts, if only as a way of old Fatboy keeping us afloat.

I liked it when shirt sponsors all over the land seemed relevant to their local club. The classic Toon shirts with Newcy Brown plastered across the front will go down in history. Similarly there was Leicester and Walkers (the factory being there and the Lineker connection) and Rangers with Tennants (the brewery being based in Glasgow).

faceless corporations like phone companies, airlines and financial firms just have no relevance and make shirts look boring.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Boylesports are an Irish bookmaker, who sponsor Sunderland. No idea who CDWS are though!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

It makes me purposely NOT buy any of their products. Anyone who's slapped their name on manure or beagles shirts gets not a penny from the crasher wallet.

(thouth I must admit Vodafone, TDK, Sharp, Virgin etc seem to have survived my boycott so far)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Boylesports sponsorship isn't even targeted at people in the UK - no shops and only the web operation there. Targeted at barstoolers who support the latest club with a fake Irish connection - used to be Leeds due to O'Leary and even had a short period of time of being Carlisle due to Roddy Collins!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here