Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's given up ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Unless you like pies, it's just a pile of shit. I do like pies, but they seem totally incapable of keeping them hot so it is pointless buying them.

I have very little skin left on the roof of my mouth from the pie I had last night. They seem to swing from being completely cold one week to being the temperature of the centre of the sun the next.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have a pie every now and then. Probably just got lucky in that they have been the right temperature etc (even tho occasionallyits the wrong pie in the lottery) BUT never as a dinner only a snack as reigate says.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
In general,I try not to buy anything in sports stadia,motorway service stations and cinemas etc.,unless I am desperate!

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Not given up completely as I bought a couple of pints of Harveys last night but another vote for Coldean Chippy (All in 1) where a meal deal is £3.99 for Burger, Chips and can of drink before the match ... :)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I fear Das Reich is being a poisonous plum, as usual.

Quite. Trying to poison the well. Anyone who has been here more than five minutes knows the subtext to this. I think maybe best ignored.

I had a great pint of Harveys before the game, and would normally have a pie as well. Great quality and great value.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
3 pints of Harvey's, one of them with a (Balti) pie deal, 10% off using my smartcard, lovely. Piping hot, moist, gorgeous (the pie, not my wife....).

2 of our party had the new meat/potato/mushy pea pie and said it was like eating a roast dinner in a pie! Sounded great.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I finished work a bit late so had to rush and I hadn't eaten since breakfast.:( I had a pint at the pub before getting the train down.

One of the first onto the WSU concourse. Walked up to my usual bar, the girl behind said hello, knows my name, we had a chat and she served me my pie and pint without asking what I wanted as she now knows off by heart.:facepalm: (i don't know if that's a good or bad thing). And another 3 pints of strongbow pre match. Without having to queue more than a few minutes each time.

Had another pie and pint post match which was again hot, whilst waiting for the train queue to die down.

I spent £26 quid last night, minus 10% cashback.

I enjoy the amex experience and can't fault it this season so far.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I happily pay for food and drink....had a great Steak pie last night, and whilst the Lager not as good as a pub pint am

very happy the profit going to the club

I happily pay for food and drink....had a great Steak pie last night, and whilst the Lager not as good as a pub pint am

very happy the profit going to the club

It isn't though, Azure take the profit and pay some sort of percentage to the club.

If they did I'd probably buy more there.

I'm sure [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] will know more about it.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I had a meat and potato with mushy peas pie (delicious and just the right temp) with a pint of Harveys on my arrival. No queue at all at just gone 7pm. Cost me £6.30 and didn't feel ripped off whatsoever. Some people live/love to moan don't they?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I bet that once the Azure contract is over the Albion will no doubt put out to tender BUT will also look at doing it all themselves thus getting all the money.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I had nice steak eggs mushrooms and chips washed down by four pints of Harvey's out of a Harvey's glass and then got on the gus bus to Falmer. Half time tried a pie (veg) burnt my mouth no other choice! If we started winning 5 nil every game I bet the moans about food would reduce! However I have been disappointed when I have been invited to eat in 1901 thank goodness I did not pay for it? The quality and services was much better in the old prefab hospitality shack:cheers::drink: at Withdean?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I've given up this season, and I ate/drank there every game last season. The price rises are annoying, but actually what I find immensely shit are the queues and the lack of availability. I took a can of Pepsi (8 cans for £2 in Asda) and a KitKat Crunchy (59p) in my pocket last night.

You are, to be fair though, the most miserable, anti-fun old codger on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here