Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's given up ?

Camicus

You'd HAPPILY pay £10 for a coffee and a pie at the Amex?!?! I can't even comprehend that.

Why not? I pay £3.55 for a coffee at starbucks and £6 for Pie+mash so IMHO the Amex isnt all that expensive. If I do think its pricey all I have to do is look at our fantastic stadium and say thank you Mr Bloom. Im not naive enough to think that all the cash goes to the club but I do know that a % does and for that reason Im happy to cough up

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had nice steak eggs mushrooms and chips washed down by four pints of Harvey's out of a Harvey's glass and then got on the gus bus to Falmer. Half time tried a pie (veg) burnt my mouth no other choice! If we started winning 5 nil every game I bet the moans about food would reduce! However I have been disappointed when I have been invited to eat in 1901 thank goodness I did not pay for it? The quality and services was much better in the old prefab hospitality shack:cheers::drink: at Withdean?

Have to say, the steak, eggs and mushrooms were excellent last night.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Why not? I pay £3.55 for a coffee at starbucks and £6 for Pie+mash so IMHO the Amex isnt all that expensive. If I do think its pricey all I have to do is look at our fantastic stadium and say thank you Mr Bloom. Im not naive enough to think that all the cash goes to the club but I do know that a % does and for that reason Im happy to cough up

Fair enough mate. It was just the happily that I found a little odd. I still feel a bit sad having to pay £4 for a pint in a pub whilst reminiscing of happier times when you could get two pints for that :ffsparr:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I have as I can't stand Fosters and I'm a 'wanksta' (see thread titled Quick Question Re Veggie Food @ Amex) as I don't think the veggie pie is very nice. I also used the Pizza/Burger/Chip joint in Coldean last night, £3.99 for a meal. Perfect.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Das Reich, I do not believe I know you and vici verci. From the small time I have posted on NSC you seem to be the only person that constantly has an 'Edge', being you appear to have faced up to the various hard core opposition the 'Albion' have played against in the last two decades or more. We may know each other as I went to school with some (Moulsecoombe) fellas. BUT : I find you are a bit boring with your 'Billy Big Bollocks' postings. We would probably have a laugh together because I post 'Bollocks' most of the time. But in my world the Albion/Pies/Stadium/Beer/Parking/Team/Poyet-blah-blah-blah! is just positive you seem to be constantly negative? ???

Jan 30, 2008
quite. Trying to poison the well. Anyone who has been here more than five minutes knows the subtext to this. I think maybe best ignored.

I had a great pint of harveys before the game, and would normally have a pie as well. Great quality and great value.
there you go you've answered my question :dunce:

Jan 30, 2008
Das Reich, I do not believe I know you and vici verci. From the small time I have posted on NSC you seem to be the only person that constantly has an 'Edge', being you appear to have faced up to the various hard core opposition the 'Albion' have played against in the last two decades or more. We may know each other as I went to school with some (Moulsecoombe) fellas. BUT : I find you are a bit boring with your 'Billy Big Bollocks' postings. We would probably have a laugh together because I post 'Bollocks' most of the time. But in my world the Albion/Pies/Stadium/Beer/Parking/Team/Poyet-blah-blah-blah! is just positive you seem to be constantly negative? ???
SIMMO, BILLY BIG BOLLOX NEVER! nothing wrong with a bit of edge OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE BORING :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't bother with the pies now, either eat before or after. & 20 minute panic attack last night when the only Kronie tap in the whole damn North Stand decided to malfunction. People were turning up at the Kronie stall, being told it was out of action and were just walking away again. They got it sorted in the end but the takings must have been well down because when your looking forward to a Kronie, there's no way you're going to just settle for sloppy seconds shit like Fosters.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The mince, potato and mushy pea pie was superb last night.

Only a shame that Kronenburg isn't available from the kiosks and therefore part of the meal deal, and means queuing up twice.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Boring boring boring.... I haven't given up. Always enjoy a pint before the game and a coffee at half time and a Pie if I fancy it. Can't believe I have wasted ten seconds of my life reading and contributing to this thread. Bore off

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Boring boring boring.... I haven't given up. Always enjoy a pint before the game and a coffee at half time and a Pie if I fancy it. Can't believe I have wasted ten seconds of my life reading and contributing to this thread. Bore off

Well said!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here