Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's given up ?

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Brought a Bottle of Tango yesterday and it was £2:20 on its own never again

That's probably the going rate apart from at a shop though? I bought a bottle of Tango next door to chippy in Coldean for 89p. Easy parking, sauage and chips for £2 and cheap drink to wash it down with no queue.

Better than my experiene in Dicks later on where the lad behind the bar was adamant they did not sell Pear Cider, despite me telling him that I had been drinking it all evening. When he finally accepted it, he said I would have to go to other bar to get it.....despite fact it was adverised at this bar, and I had been served there all eve.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And as I've said before, the people who moan about the club putting the price of a pie and a pint up 50p are the very same people who also moan that we cant afford to buy a quality striker...

while posting that moan in the queue outside the apple shop waiting to spend a fortune on the new igimmick

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Not really i just stick to the occasional cuppa because of price and service at the stadia known as the amex:( JUST WAIT FOR THE PRICE HIKE IF WE WERE TO BE PROMOTED:facepalm:

Oops! So you're das reich? f*** me, this place just gets weirder by the day.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I've given up this season, and I ate/drank there every game last season. The price rises are annoying, but actually what I find immensely shit are the queues and the lack of availability. I took a can of Pepsi (8 cans for £2 in Asda) and a KitKat Crunchy (59p) in my pocket last night.

Careful, someone will text the club saying you have broken ground regulations by taking a can in.

I agree with you though. I don't have a problemn with price, but what is there to eat that you can call a meal? Chippy for me every time.....which results parking in Coldean instead of P&R

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I'm hungry I'll buy something, if I'm not I won't. I certainly wouldn't go hungry because I object to paying a little over the odds for what, imo, is acceptable if not great food in a football stadium. f*** me life is too short for that. If I was skint I would obviously feel differently but then again I doubt I'd have paid the £30 odd quid to get in in the first place

No boycott from me is the short answer

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Back OT, I think the pies are (usually) excellent value, esp when combined with a drink deal. Last night my steak & ale was lacking filling-wise a little, but normally they're great. Compare them to the likes of the tiny pre-packed pies at places like Derby for roughly the same money. We get a choice of at least four fairly decent-to-good pints at a price that is lower than most nightclubs, cinemas etc (you don't honestly expect to pay pump house prices for beer at an entertainment venue do you?).

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Unless you like pies, it's just a pile of shit. I do like pies, but they seem totally incapable of keeping them hot so it is pointless buying them.

I quite like the pies as a snack, but one is not enough for dinner.....and two or three is nort exactly a balanced meal. Also you feel a bit a raped spending over a tenner on pies for dinner

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here