Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's given up ?

Jan 30, 2008
buying over priced food and beer at the Amex, gave up with the crap last season, feel so much better knowing i'm not getting ripped off :thumbsup:

buying over priced food and beer at the Amex, gave up with the crap last season, feel so much better knowing i'm not getting ripped off :thumbsup:

Food yes, pies are average at best, burgers shit, hot dogs unfit for consumption and last year even tried the noodles once, which were nice but not £7.50 worth of nice.

Beer ok, normal price when using season ticket and I drink cooking lager anyway so don't care that much.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I rather enjoyed my steaming hot Chicken and Ham pie with my pint last night. It was even better that I didn't even have to queue for it. So no, I've not given up and I don't feel as though I've been ripped off.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This feels like a fishing expedition, but I think the food and drink prices are reasonable and, it has got to be said, the service is SO much better than last season.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I had my first pie of the season last night, mainly as it gave me something to do at halftime after such a boring first half. Very nice it was.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
£7 for a half decent pie and a pint in a football ground is not being ripped off. £4 is common for a pint these days, and £3 for a decent pie is not unreasonable, especially when you are a captive audience.

And as I've said before, the people who moan about the club putting the price of a pie and a pint up 50p are the very same people who also moan that we cant afford to buy a quality striker...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Had a cracking Chicken and Ham pie at full time yesterday.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
£7 for a half decent pie and a pint* in a football ground is not being ripped off. £4 is common for a pint these days, and £3 for a decent pie is not unreasonable, especially when you are a captive audience.

And as I've said before, the people who moan about the club putting the price of a pie and a pint up 50p are the very same people who also moan that we cant afford to buy a quality striker...

*£6.30 - if you sort yourself out first.
** £5.94 after last night's game.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The Chicken pie i had last night was bloody lovely - well worth the money, only annoying thing was the box was stuck together so i had to unwrap it like a present to get to the pastry goodness inside.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we should change the pies to Pukka and beer to Carlsberg.

Then at least the minis will be justified in moaning.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Nope. Had a lovely pie past night and a pint of Kroney at half time which cost £4... which is EXACTLY what i was charged in a pub later that night back in town. And buying a Kroney from that mobile thingy on the concourse (no smartcards so no discounts) is, i guess, the most expensive pint on sale in the ground. Get a grip you moaners. The pie and pint meal deal is EXCEPTIONAL value in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here