Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who'll be out in the Newcastle exodus?

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
Bassong will definately be off...joined by the likes of martins, viduka, owen, nolan, duff, guttierez..colocinni will jog on back to spain where he actually looked like a footballer. Good chance for newcastle to rebuild their squad and structure.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I reckon most players will leave but they will sign good enough players to go straight back up :)

I'll like to see them buy players like Delph and maybe even Beckford.

I reckon Steven Taylor will also be off. They seriously need to get rid of Collochini (sp) what a load of tripe he is.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Presumably Owen will be off and I'd imagine Gutierrez, Duff, Martins, Ameobi, Viduka, Nolan and Jose Enrique won't fancy Championship football much either.

What a dreadful bunch of has-beens and never-will-be's you've just quoted there. These under-achievers are a major part of the problem. Tho sadly there will be a queue of mug chairmen willing to keep them in the swimming pools and helicopter pads to which they've become accustomed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Why should Owen go to a Prem club? When Real Madrid released him there wasn't exactly a queue for his services and now he's two years older with a lot more injury problems. I'm sure someone will take a chance on him but I can't see them fighting their way to St James's Park to take him on.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
did they just say on MOTD that Newcastle have 15 players earning over £50k per week?

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
A valid point I overheard earlier on the underground - Middlesbrough will be better prepared next season than Newcastle. The majority of their players will not need to leave as they are largely Championship standard. Even their best home grown players have openly expressed they would be prepared to drop down a tier.

Newcastle, however, will need almost a whole new squad should the lion share of theirs leave.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Newcastle are truly buggered, they are going to have to overhaul that whole squad to reduce the wage bill which may mean letting a few go for little or no fee. Seriously tough job I just hope for their sake they dont ask Shearer to do it!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
All of them were a disgrace to the shirt today.

If ever there was an example of a group of over-paid prima-donnas not giving a flying f*** for the fans that wach them week in week out, it was Newcastle United today.

If any of them have got any bottle they should stay and help them get back up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Owen to Everton is interesting, might take a punt on that. I can see the idea of going to Villa but im not sure theres space for another striker there. bearing in mind why he ended up at Newcastle, essentially wages, i wouldnt be surprised if he ends up at Man City.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Alan Smith haha I'd forgotten him. Might get a sniff at one of the promoted clubs but he's nothing special

I bet one of the newly promoted clubs will pay 5-6 million for him. Why is it newly promoted club pay ridiculous fees for below average players? Stoke paid millions for that crap bloke from Reading. Hull paid 5 million for Hopalong Cassidy from Fulham.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
All of them were a disgrace to the shirt today.

If ever there was an example of a group of over-paid prima-donnas not giving a flying f*** for the fans that wach them week in week out, it was Newcastle United today.

If any of them have got any bottle they should stay and help them get back up.

We know they have no bottle mind you..

Thing is, that's the difference between them and Boro. Boro were crap too but that's mainly because it was a team made up of youngsters and a few flop big money buys that took all the other funds away(think Alves). They went down because they weren't good enough but gave it a shot, their team on paper was clearly too weak.

Newcastle on the other hand,surely had enough competent players to stay up but the buggers just couldn't be f***ed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here