Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who'll be out in the Newcastle exodus?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Presumably Owen will be off and I'd imagine Gutierrez, Duff, Martins, Ameobi, Viduka, Nolan and Jose Enrique won't fancy Championship football much either.

Not that many of them can hold their heads up high hoping for a big club next season, but they're unlikely to stay put.

So who's staying and who's going where?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
As Jamie Redknapp said after the match there's very few they will actually get decent fees for but just getting them off the wage bill will save millions. Gutierrez will get a prem move or somewhere back to wherever he came from in the first place. Duff, what the hell has happened to him?! Probably get a prem move still, Villa would be my bet, maybe even Liverpool depending on whether they get Downing. Martins will move abroad I think, Ameobi will stay, Viduka may stay but his wages will be an issue. Nolan will move to Blackburn.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Nolan to Blackburn is a good call.

Would Viduka want to stay though? I know he's getting on a bit now but I'd have thought he'd be looking for a kooshy retirement gig in Oz or the States rather than battle away in the second tier of English football

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think they will find that the are a bit buggered.

Most of their 1st team squad will go. They will be able to sign so really good players. But, i think they will sign the same sort of players, people who dont give a toss about NUFC.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Ameobi is only good enough for the championship anyway, so I expect him to stay.
Owen will go for certain, Viduka will piss off back down under, Collocini and Gutierez will go back abroad and yeah Nolan to Blackburn is a fair bet.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shearer

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Alan Smith haha I'd forgotten him. Might get a sniff at one of the promoted clubs but he's nothing special

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Martins is off to Fenerbache apparently. I would imagine that everyone bar Harper, Edgar, Guthrie from today's starting XI will be joining him in leaving.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I can't believe probably one of the top 10 greatest English strikers of all timeis playing for a Championship club.
That's what you get when you only play for the cash Mr Owen...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Owen will go to Villa, you watch O'neill and Heskey and 2 good wingers bring the best out of him again

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
who would want them?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Owen it far to good to retire and still has a huge amount to offer, mark my words if he stays fit he will be a 15+ goals a season striker

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Viduka will never get another club, he'd never pass a medical... Nicky Butt isn't fit to lace boots at South Shields FC let alone play for Newcastle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here