Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you partner Murray with?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Exactly. He won us the game last night imo, created one of our only oppotunities in the 2nd half as soon as he came on. Not sure whether he does this better coming off the bench though...

I think he won us the game last night and against Tranmere - not bad to turn two games around from the bench

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
You can moan about Noone not starting all you like but if you actually listened to the interview with Poyet after the game it mentioned that he picked up a few knocks in training, So I'm guessing that's why he may not have started last night.

From what I've seen we get much more out of Noone when he comes off the bench to when he starts.

PLUS

Noones a winger not a striker so it has nothing to do with someone partnering Murray.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
You can moan about Noone not starting all you like but if you actually listened to the interview with Poyet after the game it mentioned that he picked up a few knocks in training, So I'm guessing that's why he may not have started last night.

From what I've seen we get much more out of Noone when he comes off the bench to when he starts.

PLUS

Noones a winger not a striker so it has nothing to do with someone partnering Murray.

And frankly if he has won us the last two home games by coming off the bench why would you change that?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
And frankly if he has won us the last two home games by coming off the bench why would you change that?

Because we have been creating little and failing to score after an hour against Tranmere and Notts County. If he was coming on when we were three nil up it would be a different matter.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
its got to be sandaza - im not convinced he'll do anything from the start, but if its hart than we might as well just give the points to swindon now

Harsh.

OGH would give 110% and whilst he's a long way from being a natural in the current line-up he'd put himself about and let the others do what they're good at - and that should be good enough against a side so lacking in form as Swindon. Anyway, what's happened to the young Scandanavian lad who was looking good in the reserves?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Id give Torbjorn Agdestein a start. See what happens. punk:

But then Im a risk taker... :smokin:

:bhasign:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'd love to see Agdestein but I think it should be Fran. If Glenn isn;t too knackered - and he looked shot on Tuesday - he would be a great knock down man for Fran. Also, Fran can slide the odd ball through at unexpected angles, so brings midfield into the game. Give Fran a go with Glenn.

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
I would actually quite like to see if a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Murray, Noone and Bennett up top and Bridcutt, Dicker and Sparrow in midfield would work but I guess he won't want to change the system now so will probably bring a loanee in as I don't think he trusts Sandaza for a full 90.

:thumbsup:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Because we have been creating little and failing to score after an hour against Tranmere and Notts County. If he was coming on when we were three nil up it would be a different matter.

So, there's not too much you can do when you've got teams shoving 10 men behind the ball, Noone seems to do better coming off of the bench so why change it? As long as it's picking up the wins for us then it doesn't matter.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Don't agree with this. Wood had a good chance after 5 minutes, Murray had an open goal after ten minutes and Bennett's dipping thunderbolt was turned over. We could have had one or two or even three goals by the half hour at which point these games become a bit of a procession. Noone is being used as a threat on the bench and as an impact player later in the game. Seems to be working - if we haven't scored after 60 minutes on he comes and changes the shape.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it's tricky.

On the one hand I would like to see Sandaza on from the start, but if that doesn't work, what do you do to change it? Whereas starting with Noone, Bennett as wide men pushed high up, almost as a three prong attack with Murray you then have the option to bring on Sandaza to change the shape and try something new.

But then, what if you start with Noone and Bennett and the problem is with supply, if you take them off we don't really have any body who offers something new and our shape becomes narrower.

So, I guess I see it being either starting with the three up front, bringing sandaza on for bennett or noone if the game needs changing or if we've got the lead and one is starting to tire. Or starting with Murray and Sandaza, and putting Noone on in sandaza's place to change things up, or possibly puitting agdestein in for sandaza if we have a comfortable lead and sandy needs to come off.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Fran definitely deserves a start.

Would go 4-4-2 myself with Noone and Bennett as the wingers and Bridcutt and Sparrow in the middle. If Bennett isn't fit, has a slight dead leg I think, then throw Kish into the middle as well and let Sparrow get further forward

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Looks like Barnes might even be fit for Saturday, according to the Team News. If that's the case, I'd start with Fran and if he doesn't do the business, bring on Ashley later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here