Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you partner Murray with?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Give Sandy a chance.
The guy has enough motivation for smashing a few past Swinedon cos right now he's playing for his Albion career. His contract's up in the summer & he needs to prove he's worth keeping around.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On Saturday we seem to have 3 solutions to Barnes being out, Fran, Harty or a Loanee.
Has Fran done enough to deserve to start?

"Harty"...is that some kind of joke?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bring in two loanees. Don't honestly think Fran, bless his heart, has 90 minutes in him, Hart is not the answer,so I'd have Toby on the bench.
What concerned me more tonight was Elphick. Thought he was found wanting, especially when the 2 subs came on upfront. Treated the ball like a hot potato,so many times putting us under pressure.
So, I would be thinking seriously about a centre half and a striker. I know I'll get slagged off, but feel there is no room for sentiment. We've got the chasing pack exactly where we want them, let's keep them there!

Bit hard on Elphick.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think it is a bit harsh to single out Elphick for criticism. Bridcutt gave the ball away plenty of times as did Dicker.

As for up front, why not try Bennett alongside Murray and have Noone as your wide man. Thierry Henry started as a wide man and whilst I'm not suggesting that Bennett is as good as that, he does have quick feet and is willing to try things.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we definitely need to bring in a loan signing as what we have isnt good enough to take a chance at this time of the season especially with the loan window closing on Thursday.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Comment of the night (Sandaza warming up in front of H block):
Oi , Fran , why the long face.

When he was having a tussle with one of their players (which lead the ref stepping in) - we quite enjoyed "don't touch the hair" in a thick spanish accent, also from H block.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Unless there are fitness problems with Fran I can only see problems with bringing in a loanee this late in the season. After all Wood and Barnes are both likely to be back in a couple of weeks.

My heart says TIME FOR TOBY!!!!

But my head says this is Frans big chance to earna contract for next year.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If Noone doesn't start on Saturday he might as well give up all hope of playing another 90 minutes this season.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'd prefer it if we brought in a loan signing, what ever happens I'm sure it'll be the right decision.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If Noone doesn't start on Saturday he might as well give up all hope of playing another 90 minutes this season.
Exactly. He won us the game last night imo, created one of our only oppotunities in the 2nd half as soon as he came on. Not sure whether he does this better coming off the bench though...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I still think Sandaza is more of an impact player of the bench as he will find more space in the oppositions box when defenses have tired. My personal preference would be for Bennett, Noone & Sparrow to play in a much more advanced role to support Murray.

That being said Saturday would be a good opportunity to find out exactly how good Sandaza is, as I don't think many of the fans really know based on very limited opportunities, would also give Toby a possible 20 minutes towards the end.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Noone deserves a start, hes mustard, people only say hes better coming of the bench because thats all we have seen him do !

The boy is a quality player, get him in, its the perfect time

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Exactly. He won us the game last night imo, created one of our only oppotunities in the 2nd half as soon as he came on. Not sure whether he does this better coming off the bench though...

this is the issue though. Noone has made a real impact coming off the bench but has been less conspicuous from the start. Its a toughie but Id still want two centre forwards starting rather than two out and out wingers.... at least at home I would.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Noone deserves a start, hes mustard, people only say hes better coming of the bench because thats all we have seen him do !

The boy is a quality player, get him in, its the perfect time

The odd thing is that every time he runs with the ball it looks like he doesn't have it under control, almost like it is on his back foot not in front of him, but he clearly must have control as it seems to be the same every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here