Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you most like to go out for a beer with?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
beat me to it.

16 years this week since my Dad died. Seems like yesterday ( and he was only 2 years older than I am now)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
My Dad,but my chance has gone.

I was getting bored with this thread until I read yours..........and how true it is for me too.

He,s been gone 25 years now........and I miss him more now than I did then.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Damn, after reading the 1st 2 pages was looking forward to posting 'my dad' too.

Never got the chance to have a drink with him and my views on how he coped with 8 kids have certainly changed from my experinces with just 4!

Would have been nice to have been able to express my aprecciation.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Reed also used to host marathon cricket matches in the village that would start with lunchtime drinking, before the first innings was played out in the afternoon.The drinking would then recommence for the next 7-8 hours before floodlights were rigged up and the second innings took place in the early hours. Apparently, one paralytic batsman was carried to the crease, supported in front of the wicket, clean bowled first ball and carried back with absolutely no knowledge of anything.

By christ that just sounds......FANTASTIC !
I absolutely ACHE to be involved in something like that. Perhaps I'll have to wait till I'm an eccentric old bastard to get something like that off the ground.
BRILLIANT !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here