Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you most like to go out for a beer with?

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
If he was alive it would be Bobby Moore for me, and if I could have someone else joining I'd go for George Best. It would be an interesting to see the World of football back in the 60s/70s through their eyes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he was alive it would be Bobby Moore for me, and if I could have someone else joining I'd go for George Best. It would be an interesting to see the World of football back in the 60s/70s through their eyes.

Simple. Beers and fags 7 days a week with a 3 hours break for football on a Saturday.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ayman Hamed, in the Camel Dive Hotel roof bar, because it would mean I was on another diving holiday in Sharm el Sheikh.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I had a few beers with Oliver Reed, he used to frequent some pub in deepest mid sussex, i was arsed when I got there and more so when I left!

Oliver Reed used to live in Ockley and was a regular "entertainer" in the Punchbowl in Oakwood Hill (just off the A29 to the south).
The young girl who he married used to live with her parents opposite the Kings Head in Rudgwick (my local) where he's fondly remembered by many, if not by their livers.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I'd like to go for a beer with John Byrne again.
He cheered me up no end in the Cricketers after England had just CRASHED OUT to Croatia last year. My all time favourite Albion player, and a bloody nice bloke as well.

Yep, he's a great bloke to have a beer with. Totally honest as well. I had a couple down The Romans a few years back and he was a diamond geezer.

We nearly had Gazza attend a stag weekend that I arranged a couple of years ago but unfortunately he got the Kettering job so was a bit busy. Although at the time we thought it would have been excellent to have Gazza on a stag weekend I'm kind of glad he couldn't come now!!

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Oliver Reed used to live in Ockley and was a regular "entertainer" in the Punchbowl in Oakwood Hill (just off the A29 to the south).
The young girl who he married used to live with her parents opposite the Kings Head in Rudgwick (my local) where he's fondly remembered by many, if not by their livers.

He also used to frequent the Cricketers in Ockley. It was common practise for him to insist on the doors being locked and no-one being allowed out until Olly had had his fill !!! - The pub was full of Mount Gay ( West Indian rum ) which he had brought back from film location and drank like water, that was until he finally got banned and the poor old landlord was left with umpteen cases of the stuff.
Reed also used to host marathon cricket matches in the village that would start with lunchtime drinking, before the first innings was played out in the afternoon.The drinking would then recommence for the next 7-8 hours before floodlights were rigged up and the second innings took place in the early hours. Apparently, one paralytic batsman was carried to the crease, supported in front of the wicket, clean bowled first ball and carried back with absolutely no knowledge of anything.
Yes, it would have been dangerous fun to drink with Olly but, personally, I would have chosen.....
1) Ronnie and Reggie Kray
2) Mad Frankie Fraser
3 ) Charlie Richardson
4) Charles Bronson and the guv'nor...
5 ) Lenny McLean
The conversation may have been a bit stilted but you could have walked into the roughest dive in the world and been as safe as houses.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The list would change daily (apart from 1 & 2), but this would bee my current lineup

1) Mushtaq Ahmed (to drive us all home)
2) Monica Bellucci (wiggle those babylons)
3) Michael Winslow (make some noises)
4) Chris Stewart (bring some lemons)
5) Dick Strawbridge (to brew the cider)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here