Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will you vote for in the next election(next is EU)

Who will you vote for in EU election?

• Conservative

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Liberal

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • UK Independance party

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Greens

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • BNP

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Natural law

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dont know

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Wont vote

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • other, please state

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
bhaexpress said:
Be honest with you, the prospect of trying to pick a winner in a US election is something I would gladly abstain from, their politics are a far bigger joke than ours.

Funny what you say though, my attoney reckons I need to become a US citizen. The main reason that I've not moved over there full time as yet is because I am doubtful as to his advice. Apparently I'm supposed to go over there on the Visa waiver and then make my application and just not come back to England. Now another lawyer I spoke to told me that's Visa fraud. Needless to say the US Embassy are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. I will be seeing this attoney when I go over next month but I reckon I'd be better off getting it done from this side of the Atlantic. I don't have a lot of faith in the US immigration autorities.

I'm sure that by now you've checked out the USCIS (formerly the INS) website. The whole damn thing is a :censored: maze though. I had the advantage of already being in the states on a student visa and my whole process went suprisingly easily (so far that is, I'm currently in the process of getting the provisional status removed from my green card) and I didn't use an attorney at all. I also had the bonus of having another Brit in my lab who was in exactly the same situation but about one year ahead of me.
Anyway, from what I've heard entering on a visa waive with the intention of staying permanently is a bad idea. I believe it is visa fraud since by taking the waive you are promising that you're going to bugger off home at some point. But I'm not an expert. There are several websites and message boards you should check out, but I didn't use any of them. Try a google search, I know they are out there. I think a lot it depends on exactly on where you are now and where your wife is now.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yeah, thanks for that. It is a maze as you so rightly say and like I say, from what I've gathered (from all the seemingly contradictory information I get) the Visa waiver thing is a bit dodgy. I'll see how much stress I get when I go in next month. I have an additional problem too. They didn't rip the Visa waiver form out of my passport when I left the US back in September and I only discovered this last week. Although I've now returned it (via a mail system that I can track) to an address in Kentucky given to me by the US Embassy I think I may still have problems.

I can see it now, I get off a plane from Gatwick only to have to immigration wanker telling me I never left the US at all ! I've got to take credit card slips and bank statements to try to convince them I did leave long before the Visa expired !

Luckily I do have a letter about a hospital apointment stating that I need to be back in England. Still, you'd never believe that I was a passport holder of their biggest ally. What a can of worms !

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Uncle Buck said:
Out of interest do our 7 BNP supporters in this thread claim that we lost 1-0 on Saturday as they cannot possibly recognise 2 goals scored by a black player?

Black players hasn't f*** all to do with it. What fecking gets my back up is the fact I see British people sleeping rough and wont be housed but you see these money grabbing ****s of asylum seekers getting flats, Houses, and then the greedy wankers arn't happy enough and demand a garden as well while our own people are sleeping rough.

You want a debate ? I'll give you one you prick!!

But first I'm going to have some dinner as I pay my taxes and have worked really hard today while these asylum seekers have just sat there picking up the goverment hand outs.

I'll be back in half an hour muppet!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lucky, lucky, take a chill pill ! It's a debate not a war !

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah its the simple things in life that make people angry and not a lot to do with coulour.

Just watching southtoday about these youngsters who was given £40 to buy a tent and others from other countrys get money and flats and all sorts grrrrrr.??? :angry:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
Black players hasn't f*** all to do with it. What fecking gets my back up is the fact I see British people sleeping rough and wont be housed but you see these money grabbing ****s of asylum seekers getting flats, Houses, and then the greedy wankers arn't happy enough and demand a garden as well while our own people are sleeping rough.

You want a debate ? I'll give you one you prick!!

But first I'm going to have some dinner as I pay my taxes and have worked really hard today while these asylum seekers have just sat there picking up the goverment hand outs.

I'll be back in half an hour muppet!!

Good work fella. I don't know about you but personally I can't even get on NSC these days because so many of these scrounging asylum seekers are clogging up the bandwidth when they should be earning a crust - just like your hard-working self.

And of course of all of the states in EC, we're an incredible EIGHTH in the list of most popular immigration destinations. EIGHTH! DISGRACEFUL! We should be miles behind those massive empty countries like Belgium and the Netherlands - and instead we find ourselves amongst the leading destinations, as 8th so clearly is.

Well you've convinced me. Incidentally who have you got lined up to replace 2 thirds of the workers in the ward where my son was admitted 4 months ago. Only I'm fed up of those pesky blacks taking all the best jobs in this country. Send 'em back. :rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
bhaexpress said:
Lucky, lucky, take a chill pill ! It's a debate not a war !

Are you happy that blunkett has said 90,000 aslyum seekers have been given the green light to stay here ? Where are these 90,000 going to stay ? All the school leavers will never be able to afford to buy a flat let alone rent one. Where is this country heading ? Our own cant afford houses but ayslum seekers are given everything they want.

What about the goverment saying we will have to work till were 70 ? You, Me, Berkshire will work till we are 70 and what about these asylum seekers ? Will they be made to work ? No!! They'll be living in a beautiful flat or house and getting bloody good incomes while we are all out working our final days surporting these money pinching scum.

I'm going to get a boat to france and throw my passport away and say I come from planet pluto. Then I'll be given a flat and will have a brilliant hand out, and then I'll work cash in hand.

If you cant beat them, Then Join them

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
I'm going to get a boat to france and throw my passport away and say I come from planet pluto. Then I'll be given a flat and will have a brilliant hand out, and then I'll work cash in hand.

Go on then, do it. But you won't will you - because in your heart of hearts you know it isn't the case.

In which case why don't you stop f***ing whinging and blaming society's problems on the less fortunate. This country is perfectly capable of housing and feeding every single one of its citizens, but it doesn't because the will of the people simply isn't there.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Simster said:
Go on then, do it. But you won't will you - because in your heart of hearts you know it isn't the case.

In which case why don't you stop f***ing whinging and blaming society's problems on the less fortunate. This country is perfectly capable of housing and feeding every single one of its citizens, but it doesn't because the will of the people simply isn't there.

Two words.

F U C K O F F!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Enough said, you thick whinging tosser. I thought you said you were going to f*** off?

Thick as pig shit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't be arsed to sit here exchanging petty insults with a retard. Hope your daughter marries a black man. Nob.:salute:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Simster said:
I can't be arsed to sit here exchanging petty insults with a retard. Hope your daughter marries a black man. Nob.:salute:

Not going to bite and say what I'd like to say. AJust preying you attend the meet up. No doubt you will chicken shit.

Simster said:
I can't be arsed to sit here exchanging petty insults with a retard. Hope your daughter marries a black man. Nob.

Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
Not going to bite and say what I'd like to say. AJust preying you attend the meet up. No doubt you will chicken shit.

that's really sad. sort it out dudes, where do you get all this anger from? drop the hate. it doesn't matter. get rid of all your hate, don't chuck it at other people.

xx

peace-love-single.gif

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
Are you happy that blunkett has said 90,000 aslyum seekers have been given the green light to stay here ? Where are these 90,000 going to stay ? All the school leavers will never be able to afford to buy a flat let alone rent one. Where is this country heading ? Our own cant afford houses but ayslum seekers are given everything they want.

What about the goverment saying we will have to work till were 70 ? You, Me, Berkshire will work till we are 70 and what about these asylum seekers ? Will they be made to work ? No!! They'll be living in a beautiful flat or house and getting bloody good incomes while we are all out working our final days surporting these money pinching scum.

thought so. you know f*** ALL about the issue, yet somehow you feel so strongly about it. you swallow utter utter bullshit, and then come on here spitting venom about people (yes PEOPLE) you know nothing about.

2 questions for you

1. how much social security does an asylum seeker get?
2. how much does it cost the british tax payer

i'd bet my mortgage you don't know without having to go and find out

you and berkshire think people don't like your opinion cos its different. WRONG. people don't like your opinion cos you base it on utter crap. if you tell me you are not willing to pay a penny towards supporting people escaping persecution to come and live and work here (cos contrary to what you think the majority of immigrants come here to work), then fine thats your opinion. but don't start coming out with crap about them living in luxury and getting preferential treatment. its bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here