Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will replace Harry,,

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
When he walks into the England job next summer...I really think this is the one Poyet will go for and Glenn Hoddle will slip into Poyet's shoes. I know its not something we want to think about but I think Gus will be there number one target.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes Poyet I would expect. I'd be happy to keep hold until the summer. He has done a good stint with us then. Don't agree about Hoddle though

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus needs another 2 or 3 years experience to take over as manager at a top 6 Prem club.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yes Poyet I would expect. I'd be happy to keep hold until the summer. He has done a good stint with us then. Don't agree about Hoddle though

Just think Hoddle would be a natural replacement, the way we play....His track record is pretty impressive, even with England it was never football reasons that got him the bullet.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm still hoping the FA wont want Harry in charge because of all his dodgy antics. But I'm not actually sure Spurs will go for Gus anyway, their fans have such delusions of grandeur that I think they might not want a lower league Manager. Although maybe we wont be lower league by then.

Just think Hoddle would be a natural replacement, the way we play....His track record is pretty impressive, even with England it was never football reasons that got him the bullet.

Yeah he was a good Manager. Shame he's mentally ill really.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Let's see how Harry's legal business goes before we annoint him England manager ...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Isn't Harry a crook? so not eligible for the job. :shrug:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hope Hodgson has a good season with West Brom and the FA see Redknapp for what he is and forgot all about him

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Indeed. He will be in court before the opportunity comes with the very real prospect that he will come out labelled damaged goods if not entirely unemployable.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
There is no guarantee that Harry will be the next England manager, the press may love him, but the FA won't with all his shady dealings going on in the background.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Harry is more likely to walk into jail next summer rather than the England job, I think Mourinho will be a cert for that job.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I really don't think anyone in the top 6 of the Premiership would appoint a manager without top flight managerial experience. next summer would therefore be too soon for Gus to get the Spurs job.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I really don't think anyone in the top 6 of the Premiership would appoint a manager without top flight managerial experience. next summer would therefore be too soon for Gus to get the Spurs job.

So we hope, anyway!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Spurs have already sacked Gus once.
If we was to go up i reckon providing Bloom comes up with the funds Gus will fancy a crack at the Prem with us....would pretty much complete his project here. If we dont go up would a top 6 Prem side take a chance on a manager with no prem managerial experience??? Besides all this is Arry good enough to manage England and would the FA want him???

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Sure I read somewhere that the FAs preferred replacement would be Hodgson rather than 'arry.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Harry will not be acceptable for England in the same way that Clough wasn't.

At Wolves Hoddle was crap - he even bought in his brother as coach who was clueless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is absolutely no way Harry Redknapp will be the next England boss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here