Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will go in January?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If we get offered silly money for Dunk, as it sounds like we might do, then we should let him go. This may well be why we let Cook go out on loan to get some experience, so he can replace him when we sell Dunk. If we're going to sell him in January we should do it early on, so we have time to re-invest some of the money. And if we could loan him back for the rest of the season then I would have thought that would benefit all parties.

I cant see any bigger clubs than us wanting to pay decent money for Noone at the moment. He's great at beating his man and getting in to dangerous positions, but his final ball is poor. The English game is full of wingers like that, they aren't hard to find. He would be better off staying with us and Gus developing him until he has an end product, if he can do this he will be a terrific player. Then he will get a move to a big club. Personally I think KLL should be starting over him at the moment.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I cant see any bigger clubs than us wanting to pay decent money for Noone at the moment. He's great at beating his man and getting in to dangerous positions, but his final ball is poor. The English game is full of wingers like that, they aren't hard to find. He would be better off staying with us and Gus developing him until he has an end product, if he can do this he will be a terrific player. Then he will get a move to a big club. Personally I think KLL should be starting over him at the moment.

I agree. sounds like there is interest in Noone but nothing like the kind of money that will be offered for Dunk. Because of that I think Noone will still be with us until at least the end of the season. He also is relishing his development under Poyet. I also agree that KLL should get a run of starts as although Noone's build-up play is exciting he doesn't deliver the killer ball in the box as well as KLL at the moment.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Please let it be Navarro who is released, the boring, defensive waste of space that he is! Can't run. can't tackle, can't head. Pretty good at passing the ball back to Greer and Dunk though. We just look so dull when he is playing. I realise he is a holding player but he is just so limited and as Vincelot showed on Saturday, it is actually possible for a midfielder to get forward and help out the forwards from time to time. I really don't care about anyone else, they are all welcome to stay if they want.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Please let it be Navarro who is released, the boring, defensive waste of space that he is! Can't run. can't tackle, can't head. Pretty good at passing the ball back to Greer and Dunk though. We just look so dull when he is playing. I realise he is a holding player but he is just so limited and as Vincelot showed on Saturday, it is actually possible for a midfielder to get forward and help out the forwards from time to time. I really don't care about anyone else, they are all welcome to stay if they want.

Albion With navarro: 7 wins out of 11
Albion Without navarro: 2 wins out of 9.

Clearly a complete waste of space.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Apparently we have Daniel Lafferty 6'1 defender on trial this week from Derry City and were interested in snatching Billy Sharp from under the beaky twatty nose of Adkins !!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I don't normally go in for rumours but I have spoken to a guy who knows Dunk, Elphick and Noone socially. He says Dunk reckons he'll be going in Jan, we'll get an offer too good to refuse; main reason Cook was sent out on loan. Also a lot of interest in Noone so expecting offers for him too.

Gus could well be expecting Noone to go which is why he signed up KLL more permanently.
Can't see Cook going anywhere.....he'd slot straight in if we lost Dunk.
Buckley's going nowhere.
Can see Bridcutt getting a bid which could be why Navarro is getting so much game time.
Brezovan, Paynter and (sad to say) Painter can be released without a quibble from me.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
very negative thread this, but to respond to the question from what I've seen on telly I don't know what the fuss is about Noone - strikes me KLL and Buckley are a class above if fit. Also, why does everyone wnt to ship Dunk out for the money - surely we don't need the cash and would rather keep him and let him grow with us, there's precious few locals in the squad as is...., just MHO from out here in the perimeter

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
very negative thread this, but to respond to the question from what I've seen on telly I don't know what the fuss is about Noone - strikes me KLL and Buckley are a class above if fit. Also, why does everyone wnt to ship Dunk out for the money - surely we don't need the cash and would rather keep him and let him grow with us, there's precious few locals in the squad as is...., just MHO from out here in the perimeter

I'd rather keep Dunk than sell him for sure. However, a large bid coupled with Poyet's philosophy of not standing in players ways means he may very well be gone.

D

Deleted member 18477

we should not sell dunk during january. wait till end of season.

can't see noone going to sit on a bench somewhere. his final ball isnt good enough to warrant a starting place at a prem team.

buckley? have a day off!

paynter? see ya pal!

Painter and calderon? possibly.

as for billy sharp leaving donny? i can't see him leaving until the summer. theres a lot of loyalty between the 2 parties and he'd leave them in the shitter if he left in jan. end of season though? yes! he needs to move onto bigger and better things to push his career forward IMO. and if thats brighton then fantastic, he's class!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I know we'd want to keep Dunk until the end of the season but January is traditionally when silly money is thrown around by premiership managers in a bit of a panic. How else would Andy Carroll have commanded a fee of £35million this year?

D

Deleted member 18477

I know we'd want to keep Dunk until the end of the season but January is traditionally when silly money is thrown around by premiership managers in a bit of a panic. How else would Andy Carroll have commanded a fee of £35million this year?

good point! and torres 50 million LOL

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Regarding the Dunk posts - didn't Gus say when Crofts and Bennett went that he wouldn't stand in the way of a player moving upwards? Pretty sure Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, even Fulham would certainly count as "up".

Only if it was right for the club though.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

That's a good one...

Prick.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
None of our first team players will leave apart from possibly Dunk if we are getting offered a decent amount. More interested to see if we do sign this left back on trial, hopefully he cuts the mustard and Painter can be kept for cover...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here