Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will go in January?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Bergkamp and J Smith on loan.

Think Dunk will go in the summer.

Hopefully Paynter goes and we spend £500K on a pacey strong 6ft 1+ striker.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
COOK!!!! You're joking right? That boy is class and being lined up for if/when Dunk goes. The only way Cook will leave is on loan again.

I think you can end this thread now, as I dont see anyone going. I think the only addition will be Reyes on a permentant deal, and maybe a central midfielder. Poyet aint one for playing around with his sqaud in January, so can't see anyone going, unless its bait to get someone else, and I just cant see that

This!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reckon Smith will be gone and Paynter will go back to Leeds.
Wouldn't be that bothered if Dunk left to be honest as long as we got the right price. He is certainly replaceable- I feel El-Abd gives more to the team than Dunky.
Players like CMS, Bridcutt, Nooney and Buckley are one off's, but there are plenty of decent Chanpionship-quality CB's around.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Barnes is out of contract in the summer, I think. Unless he signs a new deal, I can see him being moved on in January if an offer comes in for him.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Do not understand some of you.

You keep on going on about sending the younger players out on loan to gain experience which is precisely what Cook is doing, so that when he comes back he will be a better player for playing games in a first team at League 1 level. This does not mean he is only going to be a League 1 player. Clearly he would not get many games in our first team at present, apart from probably against Wrexham.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
in tomorrows argus the future for vincente as said by Poyet as per a naylor tweet

Is he leaving because he is fed up with people getting his name wrong?!?!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I don't normally go in for rumours but I have spoken to a guy who knows Dunk, Elphick and Noone socially. He says Dunk reckons he'll be going in Jan, we'll get an offer too good to refuse; main reason Cook was sent out on loan. Also a lot of interest in Noone so expecting offers for him too.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Cook staying ... nailed on

We don't have the cover to sell too much except Dunk which wouldn't surprise

I wouldn't lose sleep over Nav's, Painter, Harley, Sparrow, Barnes with 2/3 quality replacements but can't see it happening for a variety of reasons (Gus has a different view mainly :lol:)

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
We're not a selling club anymore. The only players going are those gus doesn't like.

People forget that poke was actually given an extension at the end of last season. Exactly what has he done to warrant being sold six moths on?Dunk won't go. He's not an idiot. He'll stay with his childhood club where he's going to get games and where he can continue to refine himself as a footballer.

Cook is a great prospect and has been noticed as far back as three years ago. A player gus has turned to before, he won't go.

Sparrow is a class player with experience at this level. He definately won't go.

Bridders is too good to let go - and we don't have to.

Times have changed.

Personally I think it will be Brez who goes, leaving the way for Poke to step into the No.2 slot.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Regarding the Dunk posts - didn't Gus say when Crofts and Bennett went that he wouldn't stand in the way of a player moving upwards? Pretty sure Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, even Fulham would certainly count as "up".

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I can't see many going tbh.

Dunk - IF some of the silly bids being spoken about happen, but I somehow doubt it.
Sparrow - I'll be sorrow to see it, but he does look too far down the order now. He's behind Brid, Nav, Dicker (when fit again), Vincelot and probably Reyes if we get him, for that central midfield role.
Paynter - will surely just return to Leeds

I can't really see any of the other 1st team squad being moved out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Am I the only one who'd be surprised if we get offered ridiculous money for Dunk? Yes, he's young, but he hasn't even been our best defender this season (Greer has). He's made the odd mistake (entirely forgiveable), has racked up 9 bookings so far, and his distribution is a little questionable at times. He had an outstanding August, but has- for me at least- tailed off slightly since then.

It's not that I don't think he's done well, just not as stunningly well as the bids being mooted would suggest. If someone really offered £5 million for him I'd say bite their flippin' hands off.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
We're not a selling club anymore. The only players going are those gus doesn't like.

People forget that poke was actually given an extension at the end of last season. Exactly what has he done to warrant being sold six moths on?

Dunk won't go. He's not an idiot. He'll stay with his childhood club where he's going to get games and where he can continue to refine himself as a footballer.

Cook is a great prospect and has been noticed as far back as three years ago. A player gus has turned to before, he won't go.

Sparrow is a class player with experience at this level. He definately won't go.

Bridders is too good to let go - and we don't have to.

Times have changed.
Agree with this, cant see many if any going Gus defently wont sell the likes of Bridders, maybe Dunk if very good offer

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Am I the only one who'd be surprised if we get offered ridiculous money for Dunk? Yes, he's young, but he hasn't even been our best defender this season (Greer has). He's made the odd mistake (entirely forgiveable), has racked up 9 bookings so far, and his distribution is a little questionable at times. He had an outstanding August, but has- for me at least- tailed off slightly since then.

It's not that I don't think he's done well, just not as stunningly well as the bids being mooted would suggest. If someone really offered £5 million for him I'd say bite their flippin' hands off.

I agree edna but he's young and is a work in progress. Top clubs have the money to take a punt on a young player with the potential Dunk has, if they didn't they'd rarely pick up the gems they do. Very few players at his age are without weaknesses somewhere in their game. Like I said, I don't normally take much notice of rumours but the lad I spoke to is no bullshitter and has heard it from the horse's (sorry Lewis) mouth that it's likely to happen.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Must say I think I would be surprised if Dunk was still our player come February.
I don't think Noone will attract enough interest to tempt us but I do think Sparrow might be allowed to go

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Gus and Tony have stated they will not stand in anyones way if they can improve i.e Premership football, plus probably doubling/tripiling wages.

However it would have to be £1million plus offers for players like Bridcutt, Nooney to let them go in Januray, previous experience shows they are allowed to leave in the summer when replacments can be lined up.

Gus wants two players fighting for every position and he is still a way from that, I would think its more likely we will pick up experienced Championship/Premership/Europeon top flight players who clubs want to offload from the wage bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here