Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will fill the role of The Killer?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I spent some time watching ten Pauli games from last season to see what we could expect next season, and I'm very surprised. Slow, controlled, lots of creative freedom. A return to being a poor mans Liverpool rather than a poor mans Tottenham. Good stuff, genuinely excited. Of course I want to kill Hurzeler with a rusty plastic hammer due to being younger than me, but lets face it - its impossible not to get at the very least curious.

Anyway, most interesting thing about Pauli was the role of Marcel Hartel, who made a bunch of assists and goals. While most players were into "better controlled than sorry" mode, Hartel was seemingly instructed to look for decisive solutions every time he had the ball: the finishing pass or cross, shooting, dribbling. Involved in nearly everything. 50/50 he loses the ball or it leads to something really dangerous,

Assuming a similar strategy of a "killer player", who would be ours? Mitoma maybe, since he can do everything. But probably better off "feeding" from "The Killer" (getting morbid now).

Gross is the obvious option. But what if he leaves? Who has the qualities to provide that final spark in the final third?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Provided he gets through Copa America unscathed, I am incredibly excited to watch Julio Enciso next season...

Always think about how ridiculously good he was in that Wolves game last August - what could have been if it wasn't for that injury...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I spent some time watching ten Pauli games from last season to see what we could expect next season, and I'm very surprised. Slow, controlled, lots of creative freedom. A return to being a poor mans Liverpool rather than a poor mans Tottenham. Good stuff, genuinely excited. Of course I want to kill Hurzeler with a rusty plastic hammer due to being younger than me, but lets face it - its impossible not to get at the very least curious.

Anyway, most interesting thing about Pauli was the role of Marcel Hartel, who made a bunch of assists and goals. While most players were into "better controlled than sorry" mode, Hartel was seemingly instructed to look for decisive solutions every time he had the ball: the finishing pass or cross, shooting, dribbling. Involved in nearly everything. 50/50 he loses the ball or it leads to something really dangerous,

Assuming a similar strategy of a "killer player", who would be ours? Mitoma maybe, since he can do everything. But probably better off "feeding" from "The Killer" (getting morbid now).

Gross is the obvious option. But what if he leaves? Who has the qualities to provide that final spark in the final third?

Dewsbury-Hall is perfect for that role. He and Pascal together would be incredible.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This is a style of open play that really suits Buonaotte imo - ( he’s not a player that likes to be tied down to a 4 metre square of grass). I think he could show exponential improvement under Fabi next season, if not ( or even if he does) then we probably need another CAM that could do what McAllister did as a #10 in servicing strikers and creating chances but that can also play non-positionally.

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Makes sense that you would have quit the Leicester forum today
Never even joined! Saw some photos of Leicester though and thought "ok, thats... a place. Location". Happy though, no one here even knows how to pronounce Leicester, whereas everyone knows about the hipster tourist ghetto that appears to be Brighton. But I'm willing to hear people to describe the city of Leicester in a more positive way.

Darth Vader
Buonanotte is a good candidate yes. I HATE his way of playing football but he will be very, very good, maybe already this season.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
👆🏻 End of thread.
Enciso is too greedy to play that role. Its as much about setting up others as it is about scoring himself.

Hartel scored 17 last season, but he also assisted 12.

Dewsbury-Hall scored 12 and assisted 14 last season.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Enciso is too greedy to play that role. Its as much about setting up others as it is about scoring himself.

Hartel scored 17 last season, but he also assisted 12.

Dewsbury-Hall scored 12 and assisted 14 last season.
Did you watch him at Wolves at the start of last season? Or against them at home at the end of the season before it? Two assists each.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
1718823473425.png

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Provided he gets through Copa America unscathed, I am incredibly excited to watch Julio Enciso next season...

Always think about how ridiculously good he was in that Wolves game last August - what could have been if it wasn't for that injury...
Yeah Enciso has fantastic potential.
When he was signed I thought "ok, we're getting second rate youngsters from South America - not to shabby". Watching the South American market a lot since then I realise he was a special talent that we signed just six months or so before his value would have doubled or tripled.

South America is very interesting because all the big teams mainly sign players from Brazil, which is a market we're unlikely to visit. Anyone scouting outside of Brazil is bound to get cheap success. Enciso was a Litmanen case: hyper talent from unscouted territories. Him being with us is an anomaly.

But is he "The Killer?" He has Mitomian qualities, but feck knows if he is able to be the control room manager of the attacking play. He has... skygglappar. You know, the thing they put on the horse so it can't see to the sides. Don't think we want that from our Zidane.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Mr Brightside

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here