Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be the first arsehole to wear a facemask?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Just seen this photo on the bbc webpage:

_45719273_007248633-1.jpg

She may as well not be wearing a mask, the good that's doing her!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Breaking News...

Gordon Brown has ordered the issue of Face Masks to all members of the Cabinet. The wearing of these will be on a voluntary basis except for Margaret Beckett, where it will be compulsory.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Breaking News...

Gordon Brown has ordered the issue of Face Masks to all members of the Cabinet. The wearing of these will be on a voluntary basis except for Margaret Beckett, where it will be compulsory.

Is it true they had to adapt a nosebag for her ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My cousin saw someone on the Tube wearing one this morning.

I REALLY wish The Day Today was around to do a PANDEMIC episode atm. People are complete morons.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We have the duck ones at work :lolol:

They've already been drawn on.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As part of my job is assessing & recommending respiratory protective equipment in the workplace this has given me a good laugh.....

As we are talking about a virus and they are typically 20 to 250 nanometres in size (a nanometre is one millionth of a millimetre) no filtering type mask, even P2/P3 filter standard would do the job. An earlier comment about viral entry via eyes is also correct so you would need a full face type mask.

What you would need to stop inhaling Mr Porky Virus is a positive pressure fresh-air supplied hood or face mask as used by grit blasters or spray painters etc.- not very practical on your 06.15 to Victoria I would have thought.

On the other hand perhaps we should stop coughing over one another and practice some basic hygiene if and when this living hell overwhelms us? :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here