University ?

• Yes I went.

Votes: 75 74.3%
  • No Load of Shit, Shit for Brains etc etc

Votes: 26 25.7%

• Total voters

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I I'm going in September to Chichester Uni to study Sport Therapy or Sport and exercise science. Who else has gone and if so what one did you go to and what did you study ??

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I went to Chi too. Far too many drugs and alcohol.. which was a good thing.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Yes, completed a degree in Internet Technology back in July 2004 at Portsmouth University :wave:

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
In my first year of studying Meteorology at Reading. Very interesting, but getting really really hard now. 8 hour assessment set every Monday to be done within 24 hours, 5 hour practical on Tuesdays, 10 hours of Maths work a week, and 25 hours of lectures.

Needed 2 A's and a B in maths and physics at A-level.:yawn:

Didn't think the first year was meant to be like this :(

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I did a postgraduate course at Chichester - although still can't take it being called "University College Chichester" seriously. It's Bishop Otter College really. Innit?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Is it traditional to go to college as far away as possible in the UK?

I'll be driving from home every day - DCU is about 45 minutes away cross country, 90 minutes public transport through the city. Very few people go away to college.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It's a nice place, never had any trouble.. just don't go to 'Thursdays'.. it's crap.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
MYOB said:

I'll be driving from home every day - DCU is about 45 minutes away cross country, 90 minutes public transport through the city. Very few people go away to college.

yeah i spose it is ... although chichester isnt far away from home (st.leonards) only about and hours drive but i need to live away from home so i can gain that extra bit of independence .... now im a man !!!! :jester:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I lived in Chi for 3 years, working in the evening in an italian restaurant and then studying during the day.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Manchester University about 12 years ago. Utter waste of time academically, but a good laugh (back in the days of proper grants)

You only get the proper experience if you live at least a year out of halls in a proper right old grim student house.

I was up there at the time of that early reality show with the university students ? Remember that ? The girl called "spider" ?

Was it called "the house" ?

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
that will always be the dream

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Referee87 said:
yeah i spose it is ... although chichester isnt far away from home (st.leonards) only about and hours drive but i need to live away from home so i can gain that extra bit of independence .... now im a man !!!! :jester:

I'm lucky that I already have a fair amount of independence, albeit with an insanely worrying mother...

Been halfway across Europe and she was worried about me going to the play off final because I'd be sitting in Cardiff train station for 7 hours waiting for a train...

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
MYOB said:

Yes, it is traditional to get as far away from home as possible! One of the best possible reasons to go to Uni many of us would say!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Muzzman said:
I lived in Chi for 3 years, working in the evening in an italian restaurant and then studying during the day.

what campus did you stay on ? and is it easy to find work ?? sorry bout all the qestions but im well looking forward to it !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here